RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Beat-sonic CarPlay solution

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-16, 05:50 PM
bootman
Intermediate

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by roblim
The mouse could use some more resistance and then i think it would be close to perfect. It's too easy to overshoot things as it is. I had an NX for a year. The touchpad grew on me. I sort of liked its precision compared to the mouse.

You can change the sensitivity.
Old 03-19-16, 01:26 PM
ghabicht
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by roblim
The mouse could use some more resistance and then i think it would be close to perfect. It's too easy to overshoot things as it is. I had an NX for a year. The touchpad grew on me. I sort of liked its precision compared to the mouse.
You can adjust the speed of the joystick, but not quite enough. Still, I prefer it over a touch screen. I find it very easy to use and wonder what all the fuss is about... MY biggest complaint is the crappy voice activation. If I hear "pardon?" one more time, I'm going to scream!. I just don't use it. My Google voice phone understands me completely - now if only THAT could integrate with the nav system.....
Old 03-19-16, 07:37 PM
roblim
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by bootman
You can change the sensitivity.
Thanks. Yes, I turned it to max. already. I use steering wheels controls for almost everything so it isnt a big deal unless this carplay solution really works. Carplay looks perfect for my needs.
Old 03-20-16, 11:46 PM
billh556
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ghabicht
You can adjust the speed of the joystick, but not quite enough. Still, I prefer it over a touch screen. I find it very easy to use and wonder what all the fuss is about... MY biggest complaint is the crappy voice activation. If I hear "pardon?" one more time, I'm going to scream!. I just don't use it. My Google voice phone understands me completely - now if only THAT could integrate with the nav system.....
I found the resistance adjustment, but where do you adjust the speed? That would help a lot in mine, it zips by selections too fast.
Old 03-22-16, 07:00 AM
Comfort
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

My 2016 GMC Sierra Denali has both Car Play and Android Auto-I use AA. There is no lockout while driving and the system is very nice, although maps could use more features I would prefer a Bluetooth connection over USB since there is also wireless charging. BT would be better for around town even if you had to plug in USB to use maps. I hate the system in my wife's RX and even more now that Ihave AA. We are looking for an RX replacement and want AA. We take long trips 7-8 times a year so the infotainment system is a higher priority for us than it would be for others. It's just disappointing that Lexus leads in so many ways but is so behind in their decision making to include CP and AA. They want to attract younger buyers and could have been one of the leaders!
Old 03-22-16, 08:50 AM
ghabicht
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Comfort
My 2016 GMC Sierra Denali has both Car Play and Android Auto-I use AA. There is no lockout while driving and the system is very nice, although maps could use more features I would prefer a Bluetooth connection over USB since there is also wireless charging. BT would be better for around town even if you had to plug in USB to use maps. I hate the system in my wife's RX and even more now that Ihave AA. We are looking for an RX replacement and want AA. We take long trips 7-8 times a year so the infotainment system is a higher priority for us than it would be for others. It's just disappointing that Lexus leads in so many ways but is so behind in their decision making to include CP and AA. They want to attract younger buyers and could have been one of the leaders!
Has anyone tried to link the Android Auto app? The website shows it isn't available for Lexus, but Apple Car Play website doesn't list Lexus either...
Old 04-26-16, 12:51 AM
roblim
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Comfort
Agreed! I hope that Beat-sonic released this solution soon.
Old 01-20-17, 07:52 PM
daveylin
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Beatsonic - Anyone here have this?

this looks pretty amazing, I dont care about the video, but split screen Google maps or waze seems like it's worth it... anyone here have this?

I'm wondering what happens when a call comes in... which speakers and mic does it use?

also I have android, does it work as well as the iphone?
The following users liked this post:
gkar (02-04-20)
Old 01-21-17, 12:20 AM
tjmc44
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, saw this too and would like to know how others like this. Install easy?
Old 01-21-17, 05:44 AM
yang88she
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

in for information as well
Old 01-21-17, 06:16 AM
Bearcat
Lead Lap

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Watching other videos of this thecredolution is kinda blurry. I was holding out for their CarPlay feature they were bringing to the Lexus as their demo on YouTube was awesome. Now sadly it sounds like they aren't going to be bringing it to public for sale. Sad.
Old 01-21-17, 10:06 AM
apex47
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bearcat
Watching other videos of this thecredolution is kinda blurry. I was holding out for their CarPlay feature they were bringing to the Lexus as their demo on YouTube was awesome. Now sadly it sounds like they aren't going to be bringing it to public for sale. Sad.
I believe this one does the iPhone mirroring and DVD in motion:
http://www.beatsonicusa.com/if04ep.html
Old 01-23-17, 06:30 PM
fular
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Guys, I installed this on my 2016 RX
It works as advertised
I followed the video and the document and was able to install it. Had some challenges to squeeze the cables back but figured out a way to do it

The video quality is RGB so you can see the videos but some of the text is not easy to read

Apple maps and Waze works fine and you can read the text, Google maps text is not always easy to read

The phone does not charge well when connected to the HDMI cable (I am using apple phone). I think this is an issue with Apple HDMI conververter instead of this device

The sound quality is amazing compared to bluetooth streaming

Overall I am happy with it
The following 2 users liked this post by fular:
Gibster (01-27-17), yang88she (01-23-17)
Old 01-25-17, 01:26 AM
daveylin
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by fular
Guys, I installed this on my 2016 RX
It works as advertised
I followed the video and the document and was able to install it. Had some challenges to squeeze the cables back but figured out a way to do it

The video quality is RGB so you can see the videos but some of the text is not easy to read

Apple maps and Waze works fine and you can read the text, Google maps text is not always easy to read

The phone does not charge well when connected to the HDMI cable (I am using apple phone). I think this is an issue with Apple HDMI conververter instead of this device

The sound quality is amazing compared to bluetooth streaming

Overall I am happy with it
I have so oo many questions!

Mainly, what happens when you are screen sharing and you get a phone call? Does it go through the car mic and speakers?

does the navigation go through the car speakers?

can I listen to the car radio and still have the navigation run and give me directions?

thanks!
Old 01-26-17, 11:51 AM
t4tran
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by daveylin
I have so oo many questions!

Mainly, what happens when you are screen sharing and you get a phone call? Does it go through the car mic and speakers?

does the navigation go through the car speakers?

can I listen to the car radio and still have the navigation run and give me directions?

thanks!
The video shared above is mine =)

ALL audio from your mobile device goes through the speaker.
You cannot listen to radio on car unless you have radio app while running navigation.
The following users liked this post:
toyotaman7 (01-26-17)

Quick Reply: Beat-sonic CarPlay solution