RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Adding options to Special Order

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-15, 03:06 PM
Bearcat
Lead Lap

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Adding options to Special Order

Well I ordered my 450h in October and received a build date of 1/28/16. Come to find out today after asking the dealer for the build sheet that they forgot to add a few options...Mark Levinson, Power/Heated rear seats, etc. Called and told him and he replied via email that he added them to the build. Is this going to delay anything? He said no but of course he would say that.
Old 12-22-15, 07:09 PM
Mdme
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bearcat
Well I ordered my 450h in October and received a build date of 1/28/16. Come to find out today after asking the dealer for the build sheet that they forgot to add a few options...Mark Levinson, Power/Heated rear seats, etc. Called and told him and he replied via email that he added them to the build. Is this going to delay anything? He said no but of course he would say that.
That's a bummer. They can give you a screen shot of the order on their dealer daily page. It will show the options and build date. That way you can be sure.
Old 12-22-15, 07:43 PM
Bearcat
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Mdme
That's a bummer. They can give you a screen shot of the order on their dealer daily page. It will show the options and build date. That way you can be sure.
Do you think the build date will change?
Old 12-22-15, 07:47 PM
Mdme
Driver

Do you think the build date will change?
Based on what my dealer is saying, it will because once the order is accepted, it is locked, then a build date is made. And they said once it is locked, you can't change it. You will have to get a new build slot if you make changes.

However somebody here says it is possible to change the order with some paperwork.
Old 12-22-15, 07:58 PM
Bearcat
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Mdme
Based on what my dealer is saying, it will because once the order is accepted, it is locked, then a build date is made. And they said once it is locked, you can't change it. You will have to get a new build slot if you make changes.

However somebody here says it is possible to change the order with some paperwork.
Well we will see I guess. I wonder how long it takes to find out. If it changes I'm going to cancel it based on principal. Do they just make them anyway if they are "locked?"

Last edited by Bearcat; 12-22-15 at 08:18 PM.
Old 12-22-15, 10:04 PM
Mdme
Driver

Well we will see I guess. I wonder how long it takes to find out. If it changes I'm going to cancel it based on principal. Do they just make them anyway if they are "locked?"
From what I was told, the car just gets allocated elsewhere or with the same dealer.

Fwiw I ordered in early December and he said my order has been locked which means it will get built soon. There is no build date yet though. They offered me an identical ultra white 450h F sport getting built on Jan 7 (and delivered end of Jan/early feb) as an option if my build date is too far off. I have therefore 2 cars to my name. Depending on the date of my silver f sport, I could get you the ultra white/rioja red though it doesn't have the rear heated seats.
Old 01-04-16, 05:00 PM
Bearcat
Lead Lap

Well it's been 2 weeks and haven't heard anything from my dealer as to whether or not my build date has changed. I waited about a week (12/28) and contacted them , only to be told that Lexus corporate is closed until January 4, and they would find out then. Well, I emailed them today about 3pm and heard back soon after to be told that 'Lexus corporate are probably swamped for being gone for a week.' What kind of answer is that? I wrote back saying what does the computer say for the build date and if they could send me the updated build sheet. 3 1/2 hours later still no reply. Just very frustrated that I'm paying over $64k for this vehicle (about 68.5k with taxes) and this is the kind of treatment I'm getting. Am I asking for too much to keep me very informed? I could understand if I'm buying a Chevy Equinox.
Old 01-04-16, 05:18 PM
Mdme
Driver

Well it's been 2 weeks and haven't heard anything from my dealer as to whether or not my build date has changed. I waited about a week (12/28) and contacted them , only to be told that Lexus corporate is closed until January 4, and they would find out then. Well, I emailed them today about 3pm and heard back soon after to be told that 'Lexus corporate are probably swamped for being gone for a week.' What kind of answer is that? I wrote back saying what does the computer say for the build date and if they could send me the updated build sheet. 3 1/2 hours later still no reply. Just very frustrated that I'm paying over $64k for this vehicle (about 68.5k with taxes) and this is the kind of treatment I'm getting. Am I asking for too much to keep me very informed? I could understand if I'm buying a Chevy Equinox.
That dealer doesn't deserve your business. If there is a way to contact lexus corporate directly you should go that route. Do you have the vin? I'll ask my dealer if he can locate it.
Old 01-08-16, 07:37 AM
Bearcat
Lead Lap

Well, I cancelled my order last night. I've asked them for the last 2 weeks if the build date would change. Obviously they knew it would but would not tell me that. I blatantly asked them yesterday that I heard that it was not possible to add option at this point in the process and now they said true, but the vehicle they told me that my name was mistakenly put on a different vehicle that was coming in that was similar and therefore they told me wrong VIN and build date. However from what I've heard from other dealers, there isn't another one in their system so they are blatantly lying to me. I'm not stupid. So I cancelled it and asked for my refundable deposit. Ridiculous. Really made it a sour experience, when I was wanting it to be a fun one.
Old 01-08-16, 09:16 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Bearcat, don't let one dealer ruin the experience for you. They screwed up from the start so unfortunately it was inevitable. Better you discovered it now than on delivery day. What's your plans? Are you going to try again? There's still time to make the January cutoff.
Old 01-08-16, 10:27 AM
Bearcat
Lead Lap

I really don't want to start all over again. If I order now its going to be like May for delivery. I'll keep my eyes peeled around the country for one with everything I want, which is everything. Otherwise, if I order, it will be from a different deal and won't be until about August so it's a 2017.

Last edited by Bearcat; 01-09-16 at 07:36 AM.
Old 01-08-16, 10:41 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

I hope you find an RX with everything you want. And for a better dealer experience from beginning to end. I just started the waiting process myself two weeks ago. No ETA, the order hasn't been accepted by Lexus yet. My guess is April since it will probably come from Japan. At least the weather will be better by then. Good luck and sorry the order fell through. Next time will be better.
Old 01-09-16, 06:36 AM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 116 Likes on 89 Posts

so after the order is accepted from lexus, how long would it take to be built and delivered eta?
Old 01-10-16, 07:17 AM
ccb777
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I special ordered Dec1 order was accepted end of Dec for build in Feb. Then deliver in March. Probable 1st part of March if built in Canada or later part if built in Japan. I was told vehicle would be visible to dealer for tracking later part of Jan,
This is fine with me because we have a convertible to sell and it will sell better in March. Plus they gave us a better discount and I prefer to have a car after they have the experience of building 40,000 of them. I have had the first of 2 newly designed cars and they had problems but were taken care of under warranty but still requied my time.
Old 01-10-16, 09:32 AM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Yea that sucks bearcat. However it seems Lexus dealers really tend to want to force you what they have on the lot, rather then help you build your own, and in this push for on the lot are really mucking it up when it comes to keeps a BYO order updated from tracking updates.

I have resorted to the same, scouring the inventory on lots to hopefully see some dealer staff having ordering my exact combo lol

Quick Reply: Adding options to Special Order