RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

RX 350 Costco Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-15, 11:29 AM
jwrichter
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RX 350 Costco Pricing

As for the pricing of the 2016 RX-350 I found out that through Costco you can buy or special order for 1k under invoice and that's right now.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 11-16-15 at 07:32 AM.
Old 11-13-15, 01:17 PM
HTOWNE
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jwrichter
So I take my lovely wife and her 2007 RX-350 Breakwater Blue Lexus to the dealership because the 2016's have finally arrived. Now we had gone on line to "build" one so we had an idea of the possible colors. We wanted to see the white and the silver, forget the Lexus adjectives they use for the colors. Upon arrival they have a silver and a white RX right out front..........first impression was the white was right off the color palate of a 1950's Frigidaire refrigerator. I opened up on of the doors looking for the ice cube tray. So then she's looking at the silver and I can see that she's not impressed with that color either. We had a few Cadillac's in the past that were Silver so that took care of the choice. The Cashmere "tan" color didn't do much for me so that was it. Living in Florida we ruled out all the dark colors and with a Crystal Red Corvette in the garage we thought we'd stay away another red car. So that's my story............I have never heard of someone looking to buy a new car and couldn't pick a color that they could live with. So...........we either want for next year to see if there is a color improvement or look at some thing else. Lexus did offer a pearl white in 2015 but must have dropped it this year. Too bad cause we very well might have bought a 2016 if that was offered.
As for the pricing of the 2016 RX-350 I found out that through Costco you can buy or special order for 1k under invoice and that's right now.
You cannot get a discount on the 2016 Lexus RX350 through Costco.
Old 11-13-15, 02:00 PM
Bearcat
Lead Lap

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

OK, so who is right here?!? I want answers because I'm a Costco member and I already special ordered my vehicle.
Old 11-13-15, 04:08 PM
AL13NV8D3R
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Bearcat
OK, so who is right here?!? I want answers because I'm a Costco member and I already special ordered my vehicle.
I too special ordered mine luckily without deposit soooo.....if costco does offer 1k off invoice than costco will have my business! Just hope its for the loaded models.
Old 11-13-15, 04:20 PM
HTOWNE
Rookie

If you are a Costco member go online and enter your information. You will see that there are no offers for the 2016 Lexus RX350.

I have no idea why the statement was made. If he would have said $1000 under MSRP it might have been possible, but under invoice is absurd. Either he is mistaken for the 2015, stirring up ****, made a mistake, or given bad information. I would like to hear where he got his information from. It sure pissed me off because I already purchased one and specifically asked my dealer (who is a friend), and checked the Costco sight before I even asked him. I did double check with Costco after I saw the post, but I felt confident it was incorrect.
Old 11-14-15, 09:03 AM
jwrichter
Rookie

Originally Posted by HTOWNE
If you are a Costco member go online and enter your information. You will see that there are no offers for the 2016 Lexus RX350.

I have no idea why the statement was made. If he would have said $1000 under MSRP it might have been possible, but under invoice is absurd. Either he is mistaken for the 2015, stirring up ****, made a mistake, or given bad information. I would like to hear where he got his information from. It sure pissed me off because I already purchased one and specifically asked my dealer (who is a friend), and checked the Costco sight before I even asked him. I did double check with Costco after I saw the post, but I felt confident it was incorrect.
I have that quote from the Costco referred dealership. You must contact Costco first and they will give you the contact dealership. In my case here in Jacksonville it was 4 hrs away in SE Florida. This again is for a 2016 RX350 at 1k BELOW INVOICE. If you paid more I'm sorry for that but this comes directly from the dealership. Don't shoot the messenger for XXXXXX sake.
Old 11-14-15, 09:06 AM
jwrichter
Rookie

Originally Posted by AL13NV8D3R
I too special ordered mine luckily without deposit soooo.....if costco does offer 1k off invoice than costco will have my business! Just hope its for the loaded models.

It's for whatever you want, off the lot or special order.
Old 11-14-15, 11:03 AM
HTOWNE
Rookie

I have that quote from the Costco referred dealership. You must contact Costco first and they will give you the contact dealership. In my case here in Jacksonville it was 4 hrs away in SE Florida. This again is for a 2016 RX350 at 1k BELOW INVOICE. If you paid more I'm sorry for that but this comes directly from the dealership. Don't shoot the messenger for XXXXXX sake.
Please show us.
Old 11-14-15, 11:15 AM
Bearcat
Lead Lap

Actually the correct answer is $1000 over invoice for the 350s and $1800 over invoice for the 450h.
Old 11-14-15, 11:34 AM
jwrichter
Rookie

Originally Posted by Bearcat
Actually the correct answer is $1000 over invoice for the 350s and $1800 over invoice for the 450h.
Actually the correct answer is 1k off the dealer invoice for the RX350 as I stated earlier.
Old 11-14-15, 12:25 PM
Bearcat
Lead Lap

Actually the correct answer is 1k off the dealer invoice for the RX350 as I stated earlier.
Good luck with that.
Old 11-14-15, 03:47 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,761 Likes on 1,972 Posts

$1k below invoice without some factory to dealer rebate (which there are none), the dealer would be loosing a little bit of money. Lexus' holdback is 2% of the base MSRP, which for an AWD RX is $43,300, so holdback is $866. A zero deal would be $866 below invoice.

I'd be really surprised if Lexus would do the deal $1k below invoice even through Costco now, since they have to pay Costco too...so I'd have to see that to believe it.
Old 11-14-15, 04:53 PM
HTOWNE
Rookie

You keep stating this, but show no factual information. I searched the Jacksonville, Florida area through Costco and no discount showed up. You stated the dealership was 4 hours away.

There is no way that your information is correct. It would make sense for a 2015, but not a 2016. I talked to my Lexus dealer and he said it is not remotely possible. They are going for MSRP and maybe giving a little with a trade in. You might see a minimal discount for a repeat customer or a model with minimal options. The fully loaded ones are difficult to get in right now and are gone immediately. There is no reason for them to offer the discount at this point. Getting a luxury model right now is few and far between.

Please provide us with the information to verify this as you continue to make this statement, but have nothing to back it up. You said you have the quote. Block out any personal information and share it with us. You can just give us the dealership name and I would be glad to call them.

Last edited by HTOWNE; 11-14-15 at 05:07 PM.
Old 11-14-15, 07:42 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

If Jwrichter is Correct, and J is not confusing the 15 for 16 or Invoice for MSRP, then run dont walk to get that deal.
Old 11-15-15, 04:10 AM
naplesam
Driver School Candidate

I can't confirm the numbers, but I can confirm a dealer via Costco in FL. While not showing up on the Costco website, I was given the name of the dealer last week over the phone. And, if I understand where you are, it would be about 4 hours from you and about 1.25 hours from me. The only reason I have not taken the next step is that my current lease isn't up until Feb.

Quick Reply: RX 350 Costco Pricing