RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

F-sport seats, comfortable?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-16, 04:39 PM
tomtom74
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I love my F-Sport seat, and Sport+ setting. When change setting to sport+, it's become different car.
Old 03-03-16, 06:54 PM
LordBowral
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I totally agree ! The F Sport seats are way too squeezy and tight on the thighs unless you are 19 yo ! Go for the luxury and be comfortable ... Also they are way easier to get in and out of without smashing the edge off the seat every time you get in and out
The following users liked this post:
norm123 (12-24-19)
Old 03-03-16, 08:22 PM
mcfancy
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

So are most fsport owners saying the bolster won't show the deep creases from the abuse it will take.? Sounds like a black interior would be a safer bet than the now common rojo red? I like the luxury but prefer the fsport grill
Old 03-04-16, 01:45 AM
RXOwner
Lead Lap

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by mcfancy
So are most fsport owners saying the bolster won't show the deep creases from the abuse it will take.? Sounds like a black interior would be a safer bet than the now common rojo red? I like the luxury but prefer the fsport grill
Just hard to believe that anything that get crushed every time you get in and out of the car will not show premature wear. I guess time will tell but this is a high wear area of any vehicle, much less one with this protruding bolster.
The following users liked this post:
BMP2CPM (05-22-20)
Old 03-05-16, 05:27 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

No, it will show creases but less than the luxury seats which aren't foam injected. The foam in the luxury seats are literally just placed underneath the leather, the same as with the 3rd Gen RX F-Sport that I have now.

They show loads of wear on the bottom when getting out. as the foam tends to get squished and displaced. With the F-Sport seats, the foam doesn't get displaced as its injected into the leather and therefore seems to go back to its original position better.

It might flatten over time but not experienced that in the IS yet.
Old 03-05-16, 05:30 AM
mcfancy
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

But I'd still expect the leather to get deep creasing. It may be foam injected but it still bends etc?
Old 03-05-16, 12:49 PM
toyotaman7
Racer

Received 509 Likes on 364 Posts

I ordered the F sport because of the supportive seats. The Executive package seats are too flat and un-supportive to my liking. I agree that the F sport one are a bit tight at the front and high to get in and out of the car. Hoping the leather and foam will hold up for the life of the car.
Old 03-06-16, 10:38 AM
Talys1767
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love the F-Sport seats, including the side bolsters. I find that they're just right for me.

On the other hand, this is probably the first high end "sports package" car I've owned that didn't have *adjustable* side bolsters. Normally, you can tighten or loosen them as you wish. Also, they are quite raised, which is something I personally like as it gives me the sense of being nestled in, but many other cars have slightly gentler side bolsters.

As to wear, I have owned many, many cars with leather bolsters (almost every car I've owned since the end of the 80s). Almost none of them have ever had a problem, with the exception being a car that had tan seats. Basically, the tan bolsters ate up the color from my leather jacket, and they looked dirty after a few years. All of my black seats (which is almost every car I've owned) has never had a problem with wear. The Lexus RX F-Sport uses a leather that seems quite durable, too.
Old 03-06-16, 11:06 AM
RXOwner
Lead Lap

Time will tell.

Good everyone has choice.
Old 03-16-16, 11:37 AM
Ryed
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quick question, are the f sport seats the same in the 350 and 450h? What I was surprised about in the 350 F Sport was the exposed stitching across the cushion. Maybe just have a bony frame but definitely felt the raised lines but I'd be sad missing out on the LFA gauges and Rioja red interior. Thanks!
Old 03-16-16, 12:44 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryed
Quick question, are the f sport seats the same in the 350 and 450h? What I was surprised about in the 350 F Sport was the exposed stitching across the cushion. Maybe just have a bony frame but definitely felt the raised lines but I'd be sad missing out on the LFA gauges and Rioja red interior. Thanks!
It's the same F-sport seats in both.
Old 03-16-16, 01:47 PM
kenforum
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Love the LFA gauge! After driving my 2014 IS Fsport with the LFA gauge for more than 2 years, I can't even look at the gauge of the non Fsport RX lol..one of the the many reasons I went with the Fsport RX, with rioja red by the way
Old 03-17-16, 02:18 AM
RXOwner
Lead Lap

The stitching is actually a feature.
Old 03-17-16, 01:42 PM
kenforum
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't see any exposed stitching..

F-sport seats, comfortable?-image-458495652.jpg
Old 03-19-16, 06:22 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

But I'd still expect the leather to get deep creasing. It may be foam injected but it still bends etc?
Still bends but then so does the normal seats.

Quick Reply: F-sport seats, comfortable?