RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Calipers painted!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-20, 09:49 AM
SilverFire
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Lexus RX 350 Coloured Calipers (pictures or suggestions??)

Well obviously I have some money to waste, I have a 2019 Enamel White RX350, so its not like I require breaks. BUT! I was wondering if anyone put a set of coloured calipers on there RX350 even if its not the Enamel White I would be interested in seeing some colour combo's.

I was thinking of maybe getting some white or red caliper. White would match the paint, and stand out with the dark grey rims that came with the luxury package., and well red always stands out. But there really isn't much of a limit today on colours for these. So anyone have an interesting colour combo; or have pictures of there RX350 with coloured calipers?
Old 03-27-20, 03:52 PM
xxx350L
Pit Crew

Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts

Be nice if the calipers looked and performed like these >>>
BREMBO 6 piston.

Old 03-28-20, 02:50 PM
SilverFire
Driver School Candidate

Default Lexus RX 350 Coloured Calipers (pictures or suggestions??)

First off, please do not move my thread again into Calipers painted. It's great that man back in 2016 painted his breaks, and I am sure the 2 more pages of OH that's great man! are heart warming. But it lacks the pictures I am hoping others may have, not just ONE car with the SAME picture over, and over, and over again.

Well obviously I have some money to waste, I have a 2019 Enamel White RX350, so its not like I require breaks. BUT! I was wondering if anyone put a set of coloured calipers on there RX350 even if its not the Enamel White I would be interested in seeing some colour combo's.

I was thinking of maybe getting some white or red caliper. White would match the paint, and stand out with the dark grey rims that came with the luxury package., and well red always stands out. But there really isn't much of a limit today on colours for these. So anyone have an interesting colour combo; or have pictures of there RX350 with coloured calipers?

(xxx350L: Yes those are awesome, I do like the Lexus badging on them as well. It's the small details I find, like the Rolls-Royce how the center of there rims the logo is independent so they always have a proper orientation.)
Old 03-29-20, 06:13 AM
golferjack
Intermediate

Received 144 Likes on 104 Posts

Why would you ever do it?
Old 03-29-20, 12:39 PM
xxx350L
Pit Crew

Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts

When you decide to paint brake calipers, contrast is the name of the game. My BMW X3 M40 had very cool looking blue calipers that would draw your eye to the brakes, massive rotors and wheel. Here’s a pic of the blue calipers.

Old 03-30-20, 03:32 AM
richard203
Racer

Received 118 Likes on 104 Posts

want to put some bbk in this car too bad no company makes bbk for iit. =(
Old 03-30-20, 01:14 PM
SilverFire
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by golferjack
Well Golfer no person in there right mind, unless they are very mechanically inclined would go out an paint there callipers. One of the reasons I asked for colours and pictures was that I am going out to buy a whole new set of breaks with the coloured Callipers I wanted, hence I am letting a professional company do all the colours.

Anyways MOVING on... I did find a few colours I think would go...... semi ok with the Enamel White Lexus. I am going to stay away from reds, because well thats the standard which everyone goes with and that won't catch people attention.

So here is the order I am thinking, the Gold looks amazing! and I think with the white car and darker rims they would really pop. The Orange Lexus (RC-F) I am posting is a colour of callipers I have seen but all the sites with these particular colour have a weird "can't copy our pictures." Then my last 2 choices would be the yellow(s) though the highlighter yellow at the very end is so ugly I had to include it.

GOLD!!!!!

Same colour callipers as car colour.

Mellow Yellow

Boooo I say BOOO

Last edited by kitlz; 03-30-20 at 01:28 PM.
Old 03-30-20, 03:11 PM
golferjack
Intermediate

I meant why have colored ones? I think they look obnoxious and flashy. Talk about ca
lling attention to yourself.

Old 03-30-20, 05:45 PM
ravenuer
Racer

Received 471 Likes on 358 Posts

I meant why have colored ones? I think they look obnoxious and flashy. Talk about ca
Don't forget, there's a high knee for every seat.
Old 03-31-20, 08:28 AM
SilverFire
Driver School Candidate

LOL GolferJack if you were concerned about calling attention to yourself then you wouldn't be driving a Lexus! I mean the grill right off the get go is like Lexus calling card, you can spot another Lexus coming at you on the highway a mile away. A Lexus is flashy all on it's own, there are certainly more lower profile luxury brand SUV's that you can buy that wont get a glance. Heck even Jaguars SUV is very muted and ya probably wouldn't take a second look.

Even breaking it down to a simplicity of as Men our status symbols are our cars, and our jobs, and our homes those are the things that attract which ever mate you desire. From an evolutionary stand point these 70 plus thousand dollar car are basically peacock feathers. We buy these cars because we liked the look, it is a head turning car. We certainly could have saved about $50 thousand if I had bought say a Toyota Camry, which are so generic that you probably don't notice the 50 to a hundred you pass a day, but more often then not on here I bet people notice another Lexus.

Lexus is a Toyota product, if you weren't looking to be flashy then you should have saved your self about 10 to 20 thousand dollars and bought a Toyota Highlander, they share the same platform as Lexus and have huge standard for reliability; BUT you like everyone on this site bought a Lexus because it turns peoples heads when we roll into a parking lot, or at a stop sign.

So to answer your very strange "why bring attention to your self?" I think to be honest you were priming for an argument almost like how every Harley person love to argue that loud pipes saves lives, or how the Honda Goldwing community is very minimalist and they get savagely catty when another one rolls in lite up like a Christmas tree.

So why these coloured Calipers, well for one I bought a Luxury Brand car because besides its reliability as a Lexus it does turn heads. None of us bought these cars because they're ugly or they hide amongst the crowd, I am sure you can see yours from a mile away walking out of a store. So when my Lexus is parked, or is at a car show, or even one of the flashy "exotic brand" hang outs in a parking lot I WANT my Lexus and its breaks to be noticed. It is the little and subtle things in life that catch peoples eyes, it's ALWAYS a treat when someone wanders up and says "OMFG what a beautiful car."

I am not going gaudy as to put LED Running lights on the underside of my car, I am not putting strobes on it which to me are the attention seekers. I am putting subtle enhancements to an already beautiful made car. Plus it will only cost a few thousand dollars to swap the break set out, and if ya try and go the "why waste the money." We bought luxury brand, which has the exact same model rebadged and cheaper made by Toyota.

I will tell ya a little info/story: Lexus, VW and a few other brands will give your free tours of their plants. So I went to Wolfsburg Germany for a tour of there plant (as I will be doing with the Lexus Plant in Canada). Anyways I tour VW's plant and as we go along the assembly line there production line broke into a Y. So I asked the fellow "why" to which he causally said one side is VW, and other is Audi, now ya have to understand I am watching the exact same cars rolling down this line so the exact same cars are going in two different directions. Well I had to know what the difference was and in true crazy honesty the guy looked at me, shrugged and said about $15 thousand dollars. The only difference in those two cars were the badges.

So why Am I "attracting attention" to my $80,000 Lexus? The answer should be quiet simple, if we didn't want the attention we could have saved $10 to $20 thousand and bought the exact same product with Toyota Badging. I do hope that fully explains why I am willing to toss a few grand more into and already expensive Luxury head turning brand as Lexus.

Last edited by SilverFire; 03-31-20 at 08:37 AM. Reason: SPELLING, spelling.... ugh spelling
The following 2 users liked this post by SilverFire:
chicagoblknazn (06-16-23), Shello (03-08-22)
Old 03-31-20, 08:36 AM
golferjack
Intermediate

I almost bought the Highlander, but it did not have all the features I desired. I did not, and never would buy anything for status. Status is so fleeting and shallow. By the way, the new Highlanders are very nice now and I will probably go back to them or a Sienna.
Old 03-31-20, 09:03 AM
SilverFire
Driver School Candidate

I almost bought the Highlander, but it did not have all the features I desired. I did not, and never would buy anything for status. Status is so fleeting and shallow. By the way, the new Highlanders are very nice now and I will probably go back to them or a Sienna.
Oh heavens yes the Toyota Highlander is an exquisite car, and I believe with out a doubt you will LOVE it as much as you do your Lexus. But Status is not fleeting, nor is it shallow. Status is earned threw hard work, promotions at jobs, build of a business. Status shows people success, if status was so meaningless then we would all drive the same ugly box that costs the same price. Those who have can do more.

I was Army for a lot of years and for anyone who looks at me and says "its just a car." Well no it isn't just a car. Every car and there companies has a body count attached to it. These are not just cars, Rolls Royce made the engine for one of the worlds best fighter planes the SpiteFire. BMW, VW, all made tanks, planes. GMC makes the Allison transmissions which are in the M1 Abrams tanks which are the current USA favorite. Even your childrens Tonka toys makes the hand guards for the C7 and M16A2 rifles, you see the emblems when you pull them off.

Nations, Corporations, Legacies, even the Dollars our countries use as currency are all build on status.

Status is fleeting and shallow I must thank you for the chuckle that comment gave me.
The following users liked this post:
chicagoblknazn (06-16-23)
Old 04-03-20, 07:58 PM
EasyTurbo7
Driver School Candidate

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by xxx350L
Be nice if the calipers looked and performed like these >>>
BREMBO 6 piston.

They can and they do! $2k 6 piston BBK

The following 3 users liked this post by EasyTurbo7:
ericsan13 (04-04-20), SilverFire (04-04-20), xxx350L (04-03-20)
Old 04-04-20, 05:51 AM
golferjack
Intermediate

HA. Your comment "If Status is fleeting and shallow I must thank you for the chuckle that comment gave me." gave you a buzz, then try this quote from King Solomon, who said "everything in this world becomes a source of affliction to them, “Behold all is vanity, and vexation of spirit” (Eccles. 1:14).
Old 04-23-21, 08:13 PM
CiscoIS350
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by EasyTurbo7
They can and they do! $2k 6 piston BBK

Please let me know where you found the bracket to put those Brembos and which Brembos are those? Any lights on in the dash or any issues with the swap?

Quick Reply: Calipers painted!