RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Reverse lights LED upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-23, 10:21 AM
Chiefsfan
Pit Crew

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Chiefsfan
OK Just for clarification... My RX is a 2022 450h.... It DOES have LED back up lights already.. Upon removing said cover in the back, I cant even see where they are. PLUS in the manual instructions it says if listed bulbs are LED to have dealer change it.. Why is that and have any on here changed their back up LEDs to a BRIGHTER LED? If so where is the darn thing? Is it not a normal looking bulb?
No one here knows I guess..
Old 01-29-23, 01:52 PM
bibika027
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

To get access to your taillights you need to pry your rear bumper.
Sorry for the late reply
Old 01-30-23, 05:25 AM
toyotaman7
Racer

Received 514 Likes on 366 Posts

So on a 2022 I assume many of you have replaced some or all you can replace the bulbs even tho they already be LED in order to get brighter bulbs. None were LED on my Highlander, but I replaced all interior lights and back up lights. Has anyone done this and have a list of the ones they used and where you got them? Im sure there are several 921 size back up bulbs for instance.
There only bulbs that are NOT LED in my 16 RX were there trunk lights (3) and backup.

I replaced the backup lights as per instructions and suggestions on the thread starter.
The trunk lights u seed 194 LEDs.

The rest of the car has integrated LEDs (can not be changed or repaired)
Old 01-30-23, 06:00 AM
Chiefsfan
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by toyotaman7
There only bulbs that are NOT LED in my 16 RX were there trunk lights (3) and backup.

I replaced the backup lights as per instructions and suggestions on the thread starter.
The trunk lights u seed 194 LEDs.

The rest of the car has integrated LEDs (can not be changed or repaired)
I am wanting to replace the LED back up lights, so I thought someone may have done this, So wanted instructions aand the bulb needed.. And yes you can change any bulb, Ive already changed to door LEDs and cargo LEDs to brighter ones..
Old 01-30-23, 06:03 AM
Chiefsfan
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by bibika027
To get access to your taillights you need to pry your rear bumper.
Sorry for the late reply
Im wanting to change the LED back up lights to brighter Led back up lights.. Not sure what you mean by prying the bumper. There is an access panel to remove on the hatch lid. Now since they are LED they may me hod of back in there somewhere, but theres a way to do it...I just need to know what type of light is there.
Old 01-30-23, 11:57 AM
Saranhai
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

I am wanting to replace the LED back up lights, so I thought someone may have done this, So wanted instructions aand the bulb needed.. And yes you can change any bulb, Ive already changed to door LEDs and cargo LEDs to brighter ones..
Just to clarify, do you have the triple beam headlamps? If so then yes the entire tail lights housing should be all LEDs, and I doubt you will be able to replace the backup LEDs since they're probably not one single bulb. If you do not have the triple beam headlamps, then you should still have the og tail lights that have halogen backup and turn signal bulbs. In this case, yes you can easily replace the backup lights with LEDs.
Old 01-30-23, 02:13 PM
Chiefsfan
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Saranhai
Just to clarify, do you have the triple beam headlamps? If so then yes the entire tail lights housing should be all LEDs, and I doubt you will be able to replace the backup LEDs since they're probably not one single bulb. If you do not have the triple beam headlamps, then you should still have the og tail lights that have halogen backup and turn signal bulbs. In this case, yes you can easily replace the backup lights with LEDs.
Yes I have triple beam headlights...I may NOT be able to thats what Im trying to find out. I have already changes the cargo units out and the courtesy lights in the doors. If I can change the back up ones I will, I just wanna see the whatever it is to see if someone makes an alternative.
Old 01-30-23, 11:57 PM
Saranhai
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Yes I have triple beam headlights...I may NOT be able to thats what Im trying to find out. I have already changes the cargo units out and the courtesy lights in the doors. If I can change the back up ones I will, I just wanna see the whatever it is to see if someone makes an alternative.
Yeah, I'm not sure it would be possible. I mean sure maybe, but it would be one heck of a task and probably not worth it. I feel like the backup LEDs are plenty bright already, are you wishing that they were bigger maybe?
The following users liked this post:
bibika027 (01-31-23)
Old 01-31-23, 09:25 AM
Chiefsfan
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Saranhai
Yeah, I'm not sure it would be possible. I mean sure maybe, but it would be one heck of a task and probably not worth it. I feel like the backup LEDs are plenty bright already, are you wishing that they were bigger maybe?
I dont know about bigger but brighter for sure.. Not sure if Im gonna change the reading lights or not, but for sure the dome light over the back seat.
Old 02-01-23, 05:59 AM
toyotaman7
Racer

Received 514 Likes on 366 Posts

So your RX came with LED door lights and you replaced those LEDs with another? Could you please explain how? On my car all lights with factory LED have integrated Circuit boards embedded in the light housing and there is no location to install a bulb.
Old 02-02-23, 08:12 AM
Chiefsfan
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by toyotaman7
So your RX came with LED door lights and you replaced those LEDs with another? Could you please explain how? On my car all lights with factory LED have integrated Circuit boards embedded in the light housing and there is no location to install a bulb.
I used these that a member here told me about.. It replaces the whole unit.. It comes with a pigtail that is plugged in.. I didnt want them with a Lexus Logo although you can get them like that...
Amazon Amazon