RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

doubt with air suspension

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-18, 11:08 AM
JaimeM
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default doubt with air suspension

Hello everyone,
I have an RX450h with air suspension, in the book says that the position "HI" is deactivated when exceeding 50 km / h and that the LO position is activated automatically when driving at high speed, but the book does not indicate how much speed.

In some report I read that to exceed 110 km / h goes from N to LO automatically, but in my case, sometimes when I stop the car, I check that if it has lowered to LO, but other times has not lowered to LO, having exceeded in both cases 110 km / h.
I have also checked that it never indicates on the dashboard that it goes from LO to N when it does it in automatic, but if I do it manually, pressing the button if it indicates it.

Is this operation correct? What speed must be passed before the LO position is activated automatically? Why does not it indicate on the dashboard the LO position when it goes down automatically?

Thanks and regards
Old 03-02-18, 10:55 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

I didn't know ANY RX with air suspension???

Originally Posted by JaimeM
Hello everyone,
I have an RX450h with air suspension, in the book says that the position "HI" is deactivated when exceeding 50 km / h and that the LO position is activated automatically when driving at high speed, but the book does not indicate how much speed.

In some report I read that to exceed 110 km / h goes from N to LO automatically, but in my case, sometimes when I stop the car, I check that if it has lowered to LO, but other times has not lowered to LO, having exceeded in both cases 110 km / h.
I have also checked that it never indicates on the dashboard that it goes from LO to N when it does it in automatic, but if I do it manually, pressing the button if it indicates it.

Is this operation correct? What speed must be passed before the LO position is activated automatically? Why does not it indicate on the dashboard the LO position when it goes down automatically?

Thanks and regards
Old 03-03-18, 09:04 AM
JaimeM
Driver School Candidate

Yes, I am Spanish and in Spain there are versions with air suspension. http://www.lexomans.com/manguide-654.html
No RX there has air suspension ?
Old 03-03-18, 09:25 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

JaimeM, the 2RX had the air suspension as part of the performance package. It hasn't been available since in the US although they had a section on it in the 3RX manual. From what I remember on my 330, it went to the low position at speeds around 50 MPH. But I rarely paid attention except when stopping. That's when I could hear the suspension lower. The overall difference was less than an inch, I didn't make adjustments and let the RX do it automatically.
Old 03-03-18, 10:32 AM
JaimeM
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kitlz
JaimeM, the 2RX had the air suspension as part of the performance package. It hasn't been available since in the US although they had a section on it in the 3RX manual. From what I remember on my 330, it went to the low position at speeds around 50 MPH. But I rarely paid attention except when stopping. That's when I could hear the suspension lower. The overall difference was less than an inch, I didn't make adjustments and let the RX do it automatically.
Thanks Kitlz,
Effectively I think thatt his height down automatically when overcome a certain speed, but I do not know what specific speed, because the book of the car does not refer to that specific speed, just says "high speed"

What I wanted to know, is because sometimes if I notice that it has fallen to the height when I get off the car, and other times that I have traveled at the same speed, I think it has not lowered the height ... sometimes yes and sometimes not, and it is never reflected in the instrument panel.

Thanks again
Old 03-03-18, 09:28 PM
tempestv8
Intermediate

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Australian spec (as well as North American spec) Lexus RX in all variants do not have air suspension, even though it does exist in some European markets.

Shame, coz I think this would be a cool feature to have.

Sorry I can't help with your query.
Old 03-10-18, 05:22 AM
JaimeM
Driver School Candidate

perfect, thanks to everyone.
Last Monday, I was in Lexus and take the opportunity to ask about this topic.
Although I know nobody is interested in this topic because here in the USA there is no suspension system, but I will describe its operation.

Circulating in "N" (Normal Height), when driving above 110km / h, it goes to "LO" (Low Height) automatically and when driving below 80km / H it passes back to "N" (Normal Height) ) automatically.

Thank you all for the contributions. I think it's a good system and I like it.
The following users liked this post:
tempestv8 (03-10-18)