RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Blacked out RX F sport hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-14, 11:37 AM
viperdoc
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Blacked out RX F sport hybrid

I found pictures of a custom painted F sport apparently in Australia. Here is the link:

http://lexusenthusiast.com/2014/02/0...-450h-f-sport/

I must say, I like it. One of the things I would change about my F sport's styling is to get rid of that horizontal body colored piece in the middle of the front grill. On option is to paint it black, like they did with this F sport in Australia. The only issue is the parking sensors.....not sure if I can paint over them or not. Anyone know? I may have to replace them with black ones.

A friend of mine also told me he was planning on painting all the silver trim black. I wasn't sure if I would like it, but from these pics I think it looks really good....especially the black trim around the front grill and doors, and the roof rails.
Old 02-13-14, 11:39 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Looks good, thanks for sharing.

I believe CorradoMR2 blacked out that strip on his RX350 F Sport, but I'm not sure if he has the parking sensors or not. Perhaps he can comment. I agree, it looks better blacked out.
Old 02-13-14, 11:44 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

i like it too! the roof looks blacked out as well
Old 02-13-14, 12:13 PM
wallykeys
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did the black out thang on my Mini Cooper, told myself I wouldn't do it to another one of my cars. I must say that the pictures of the Ausy F sport are intriguing though!

Last edited by wallykeys; 02-13-14 at 03:48 PM.
Old 02-13-14, 12:36 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by JDR76
Looks good, thanks for sharing.

I believe CorradoMR2 blacked out that strip on his RX350 F Sport, but I'm not sure if he has the parking sensors or not. Perhaps he can comment. I agree, it looks better blacked out.
I applied carbon fiber vinyl wrap since I find it to be a better match to the near-black F-Sport grille and bottom matte-black textured lip.
Attached Thumbnails Blacked out RX F sport hybrid-rx_mod_front3.jpg   Blacked out RX F sport hybrid-rx_mod_front.jpg  
Old 02-13-14, 12:53 PM
wallykeys
Rookie

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
I applied carbon fiber vinyl wrap since I find it to be a better match to the near-black F-Sport grille and bottom matte-black textured lip.
I like the carbon fiber wrap on your F sport corrado, goes well with the dark color of the car and the carbon textured look allows it to blend nicely with the front end! I've got to quit looking at the pictures of the Ausy F sport, makes me want to break out the "Plasti dip"! lol!
Old 02-13-14, 12:54 PM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 498 Likes on 378 Posts

My F-Sport is black so it is all blacked out anyway. I do like that carbon fiber wrap!
Old 02-13-14, 01:19 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Wish it didn't have the license plate, but not bad
Old 02-13-14, 01:49 PM
viperdoc
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
I agree. I HATE that colorado makes you have a front license plate. And want to move mine somewhere other than right in the middle of the grill, but even if I was able to find a spot, the morons at the dealership made four huge holes in the front bumper.

Corrado, I really like that look. You did it yourself? I would contemplate doing it myself but I have the parking sensors and I don't trust myself to do a good enough job of cutting around those. Plus, they are red, so unless I replace them with black ones, it may not look very good.
Old 02-13-14, 02:04 PM
wallykeys
Rookie

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
I agree about the front plate, I've never cared for the license plate location on the RX! IMOP It takes away the clean front bumper line. But because you used the carbon fiber wrap, you could fill and cover the holes made from the plate mount and relocate the plate if you wanted too!
Old 02-13-14, 02:06 PM
viperdoc
Pole Position

Originally Posted by wallykeys
I agree about the front plate, I've never cared for the license plate location on the RX! IMOP It takes away the clean front bumper line. But because you used the carbon fiber wrap, you could fill and cover the holes made from the plate mount and relocate the plate if you wanted too!
How did you secure it? I like that look better and may move mind there. Now, I just have to figure out how to cover up the holes.....
Old 02-13-14, 02:14 PM
wallykeys
Rookie

Originally Posted by viperdoc
How did you secure it? I like that look better and may move mind there. Now, I just have to figure out how to cover up the holes.....
I was lucky that my RX had just come in to their inventory, but I was told by the sales associate that their dealership won't mount the plate mount until their cars are sold, so I was able to keep them from screwing in the plate mount. There are body shops that can fill the holes I'm told! Would require a respray of the bumper though! Might not be cost effective!
Old 02-13-14, 02:22 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by viperdoc
I agree. I HATE that colorado makes you have a front license plate. And want to move mine somewhere other than right in the middle of the grill, but even if I was able to find a spot, the morons at the dealership made four huge holes in the front bumper.
Yeah same here in Cali

Originally Posted by wallykeys
Good point
Old 02-13-14, 07:12 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

wallykeys, I like your plate in the lower half. If I decide to keep the RX, I may do that. (I am keeping a close eye on the upcoming NX...)
Old 02-14-14, 08:39 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Nearly threw up. Not a fan of that job. Looks cheap and overdone!

Quick Reply: Blacked out RX F sport hybrid