RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Full Detail to the RX

Old 07-16-13, 10:36 AM
CometVR4
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kitlz

I agree, Tungsten Pearl has a nice sparkle to it with the pearl. Adding a bit of shine on top just makes it pop more. For me the LED headlights combined with the superchrome rims, OE visors, OE license plate holders, black interior and Lloyd Rubbertite mats give my RXh a more sporty look. I don't have a wood steering wheel or shifter either. It's just the way I like it
Are you trying to one up me? lol

Did you special order your RX because I searched for months and finally gave up because I couldn't find an RX without wood steering wheel that had Nav. Our previous RX400h was perfect because it didn't have wood trim at all.
Old 07-16-13, 12:58 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by CometVR4
Are you trying to one up me? lol

Did you special order your RX because I searched for months and finally gave up because I couldn't find an RX without wood steering wheel that had Nav. Our previous RX400h was perfect because it didn't have wood trim at all.
LOL, not al all But you do have that cool gray two-tone interior. I wish I had that myself.

My 450h was a special order. It was the only way to get the sport package, LED headlights, ML, HUD, and pre-collision system/dynamic laser cruise control. Definitely well worth the four month wait. I actually haven't owned any RXs with the wood steering wheel or shifter. The less wood the better IMO. And if it wasn't so darn expensive, I'd change the rest of it to a different color or even material. Next time.
Old 07-16-13, 06:41 PM
CometVR4
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kitlz
LOL, not al all But you do have that cool gray two-tone interior. I wish I had that myself.

My 450h was a special order. It was the only way to get the sport package, LED headlights, ML, HUD, and pre-collision system/dynamic laser cruise control. Definitely well worth the four month wait. I actually haven't owned any RXs with the wood steering wheel or shifter. The less wood the better IMO. And if it wasn't so darn expensive, I'd change the rest of it to a different color or even material. Next time.
Lexus should definitely have a wood trim delete option. The closest thing right now is the F-Sport.

You're like me... have to have all the gadgets.
Old 08-13-13, 11:22 PM
my1strx350
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The way you cleaned your RX is pretty impressive. I usually clean my car once every 2 week. I owned my first Lexus past 11 months. I would like to know what precautions do I need to take before I remove the dust covers from the engine and what precautions should I take while cleaning the engine. Did you use any detergent or just water and towel ?
Old 08-14-13, 01:15 PM
CometVR4
Pole Position

Originally Posted by my1strx350
The way you cleaned your RX is pretty impressive. I usually clean my car once every 2 week. I owned my first Lexus past 11 months. I would like to know what precautions do I need to take before I remove the dust covers from the engine and what precautions should I take while cleaning the engine. Did you use any detergent or just water and towel ?

Just need something small like a ball point pin or something to push in the center portion of the clips to get them to release. Careful no to break or lose them.

I just sprayed some engine detailer in a microfiber cloth and wiped the dirt away.