RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

2013 Lexus RX - Color?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-13, 04:49 AM
Poisson
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rayaans
To me it looks like an old grandad colour
Well I am a granddad, but not that old...

Various shades of red seem to be the coming thing in cars - Mercedes, Lexus, even Mazda are using red cars in their advertising here.
Old 07-08-13, 06:42 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Dont get me wrong. The red colour is nice, its just not "my" kind of colour. I prefer the much brighter riviera red on the GS and im actually considering getting a riviera red on cabernet GS450h F Sport
Old 07-08-13, 12:54 PM
sc400
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It's a decision that you're going to live with for many years down the road and you're asking others for their opinion? I'd say go to several dealers and check out the colors themselves as web/catalog pictures don't show the "true" colors especially when combined with interior color, time of day, etc. If one dealer doesn't have the colors you're looking for go to the next one until you're satisfied.

Last edited by sc400; 07-08-13 at 01:02 PM.
Old 07-08-13, 05:23 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by sc400
It's a decision that you're going to live with for many years down the road and you're asking others for their opinion? I'd say go to several dealers and check out the colors themselves as web/catalog pictures don't show the "true" colors especially when combined with interior color, time of day, etc. If one dealer doesn't have the colors you're looking for go to the next one until you're satisfied.
Agree. You have to see it in person if you are unsure and check them out at different conditions. Most Lexus colors have different shades/colors within the same car depending on the angle and lighting conditions. For example, I remember Bamboo Pearl on my Gen2 RX had the most colors in one paint job I've ever experienced - silver, light green, and beige!

I chose Nebula Gray on my F-Sport as it blended well with the dark gray wheels. I find this color really looks sharp on cloudy days, but no so much in bright light. On the flip side, I really like the Claret Mica in bright sunny days thanks to the red-wine tones that pop, but on cloudy days, I find it looks brownish which I'm not too fond of.
Old 07-09-13, 06:38 PM
gaylonw
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Deep Sea Mica in an F Sport = a beautiful thing!

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Agree. You have to see it in person if you are unsure and check them out at different conditions. Most Lexus colors have different shades/colors within the same car depending on the angle and lighting conditions. For example, I remember Bamboo Pearl on my Gen2 RX had the most colors in one paint job I've ever experienced - silver, light green, and beige!

I chose Nebula Gray on my F-Sport as it blended well with the dark gray wheels. I find this color really looks sharp on cloudy days, but no so much in bright light. On the flip side, I really like the Claret Mica in bright sunny days thanks to the red-wine tones that pop, but on cloudy days, I find it looks brownish which I'm not too fond of.
I agree color is a personal thing, but the F Sport is an awesome thing, no matter the color.
Mine is Deep Sea Mica, the black and white perforated leather, black headliner and A pillars combined with the F Sport grey sport wheels, very nice!.....gm
Attached Thumbnails 2013 Lexus RX - Color?-image.jpg  
Old 07-11-13, 06:43 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

Don't buy a car based on what the future re-sale value of that color will be. Unless you are buying some obscure color (orange, green, yellow), it's not going to make that big of a difference.

Black Sapphire, that they no longer make....absolutely beautiful color.
Deep Sea Mica, to replace the BSP....nice color, but more purple than I wanted
Riviera Red, very nice color....love it.

That Claret Mica on the RX, looks very nice. I actually saw one on the road yesterday and was very impressed with it.

I will never buy a "white" car. Just no depth to the paint. It's great if you don't like washing your car, but I like my paint to look like mirrors.
Old 07-11-13, 07:34 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jtrue28
Don't buy a car based on what the future re-sale value of that color will be. Unless you are buying some obscure color (orange, green, yellow), it's not going to make that big of a difference.

Black Sapphire, that they no longer make....absolutely beautiful color.
Deep Sea Mica, to replace the BSP....nice color, but more purple than I wanted
Riviera Red, very nice color....love it.

That Claret Mica on the RX, looks very nice. I actually saw one on the road yesterday and was very impressed with it.

I will never buy a "white" car. Just no depth to the paint. It's great if you don't like washing your car, but I like my paint to look like mirrors.
That is where you're wrong my friend. Im sure mine shines more than yours does! Thats the trick with pearl white. Obviously flat white is a no go
Old 07-11-13, 07:19 PM
UCSB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

^^ Yeah ... Starfire Pearl really glows in the right light ... probably the most depth of any of the colors because of the tri-coat nature of the application ... not so much at night. Not pushing white, but no depth is not an accurate assessment.
Old 07-12-13, 12:28 PM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

Lets see your white cars look like this.

I don't think we have the same definition of "depth" Walking by two white cars on my way into work...there's nothing there...it's white. No reflection whatsoever...and they're new cars...so the clear coat is still "shiny". This black car is what I'm referring to with depth. You can't re-create that with any other color....ESPECIALLY white.
Old 07-12-13, 01:59 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

One of the things I like about pearl paint is the subtle and sometimes not so subtle way it sparkles. That's not quite the same as flat colors like obsidian. They have more of a shiny look IMO, when clean and properly detailed of course, LOL! I'll stick with my slightly sparkly tungsten pearl RXh which looks more like a mirror here
Attached Thumbnails 2013 Lexus RX - Color?-img_0491.jpg