RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Trying to decide if we should purchase... Few questions...

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-13, 12:12 PM
Lexusbuzz
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kitlz
LexusBuzz, at $45K you are at 10% off MSRP. Granted the RX is used, not brand new. Still it's not bad. Today is the last day of the month too. Maybe try for a little more off. As far as perks by buying from a non-Lexus dealer, I wouldn't worry about it. Find a Lexus dealer you like for service. Before you know it, you'll establish a good relationship with them and get those perks.

But I have to ask you something and please don't get offended. It's about your statement about having to buy a bypass, not being happy with the AC button and lack of guidance lines. Are you sure the RX is for you? These things obviously bother you enough to mention them. And they can't be taken into consideration because, other than the bypass module, there's no way we can put a dollar value on it.
Thanks ... Not offended at all ... I only mentioned it , not for them to lower the pricing for any of those features ... , it is just more of a mental notation that there are a few features that really make me not want to overpay for the car because of those things that are on the "con" list ...don't get me wrong , the car does have a lot of pros... Maybe the car isn't the right car... Maybe she will love it to overlook those features that are lacking ....
Old 05-31-13, 12:16 PM
Lexusbuzz
10th Gear

Originally Posted by RX350ON
With 3 kids wouldn't the RX be a little tight as well.
This is mainly for my wife to drive because we have a family vehicle as well. But with this car getting better MPG , wanted it to be doable if we all drove . The middle rear is tight though for sure
Old 05-31-13, 03:52 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexusbuzz
This is mainly for my wife to drive because we have a family vehicle as well. But with this car getting better MPG , wanted it to be doable if we all drove . The middle rear is tight though for sure
I can fit my mom, my grandma and two teenage sisters in the back seat and no one complains, so i guess if your only going to have 3 kids sitting in the back seat then you should be fine.
Old 05-31-13, 05:44 PM
vlad_a
Lexus Champion

Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts

I am sporting 3 baby seats in the back. No space issues so far.
We also have a German Shepherd that rides in the trunk at times.
Old 05-31-13, 08:39 PM
viperdoc
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I moved from Texas to Colorado and wanted something big enough for my three kids, the dog, skis, etc that had four wheel drive for snowy trips. My wife marveled at how much room there is in the back with all the kids in there (with three car seats as well). I would still take our honda odyssey on really long trips but the rx is more than adequate for the whole family. I also have a medium sized Labrador retriever who loves the back.
Old 06-01-13, 03:02 AM
GoGiantsNJ
Pole Position

I would definitely buy the RX new. I bought my '12 RX for 6 K off MSRP. If you're a Costco member you can get a great discount at North Jersey Dealers. I have the front and rear sensors on my '12 RX and Nav with the Camera. My non improved sensors work great.
Old 06-02-13, 05:05 AM
jclem
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Read through the pricing thread. People are getting 10-15% off msrp on new '13's plus low financing which you won't get at a non-Lexus dealer. I'd get a new one and go with the Prestigeous Society Nav override.
Old 06-02-13, 11:07 AM
Lexusbuzz
10th Gear

Default Deal is done

Ok...I know that I probably could have done better based on your posts (thank you btw) but our local dealership is an hour away and I think we would have had a heck of a search on our hands to find the color/options that we wanted.

We settled on 44K even. All the colors she wanted and not a whole lot of options she didn't. So, I think we did ok..

We will buy the Prestigious society bypass...we will keep our fingers crossed on the reference guideline issue and that someone will think of a bypass for that in the future. In the end we decided it wasn't worth not buying the car for that issue alone. In looking at the Audi/BMW and Acura, there were things on those cars that were bothersome as well so I think finding the exact perfect car in everything would be a difficult task.

Thanks for all the help and looking forward to reading the previous and future postings on finding out all the ins and outs of this car that is sitting in our garage. Thanks again!
Old 06-02-13, 02:05 PM
dctex99
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GoGiantsNJ
I would definitely buy the RX new. I bought my '12 RX for 6 K off MSRP. If you're a Costco member you can get a great discount at North Jersey Dealers. I have the front and rear sensors on my '12 RX and Nav with the Camera. My non improved sensors work great.
Forget the COSTCO price; they demand too big of a kickback;you can always beat their price...even on Caskets, which ours sells...lol.
Old 06-02-13, 06:11 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Congrats Lexusbuzz. Make sure you post pictures and all the features in your RX350 here. It's mandatory I'm glad you got more of a discount. That'll help pay for the override. Don't forget to check out the manuals. There's a plethora of information in there. And it's a great way to cure insomnia too, LOL!
Old 06-03-13, 12:33 PM
Wassa786
Driver

Default Best dealer in texas to purchase RX?

Trying to look around to see what is the best deal I can get on a 2013 RX350.

North Park lexus of San Antonio is giving me a 2013 RX with a Premium package for $43.7k + TTL

MSRP is ~$46.9k or so. The thing is, I am in Houston and they will deliver it here.

Anyone else know where in texas I may be able to get good pricing?

Thanks in advanced!