RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Any "Guys" Driving the RX as their Primary Car ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-13, 06:15 AM
GrandSedanFan
Instructor

Received 184 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by vlad_a
Intresting, I didn't think Prosche made a manual Cayenne.
Only the GTS. No v6, no Turbo, no Turbo S.
Old 03-04-13, 08:03 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

On my third RX, latest one the "manliest" of them all (F Sport). My CT is my daily driver for fuel economy purposes so my wife takes the F-Sport on occasional errands and taking kids to school, but the RX was my choice and purchase and when the weekend is here, I love driving it over the CT. Unless it's pink, the RX is a gender neutral vehicle in my opinion and one can argue the F Sport was made to lure in the male demographics. I think Lexus got this right if that was their intent - take a look at the roll call thread to see a male predominance for this particular model. If you feel insecure but love the RX, the F Sport is your answer-no mistaking this model.

Last edited by corradoMR2; 03-04-13 at 08:11 PM.
Old 03-05-13, 05:54 AM
kryten
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Beski
* 2013 RX in Fire Agate Pearl with Saddle Interior - I really like the Brown and Black color combo.
I have this exact combo and am a male, 36 and this is my primary vehicle.
Old 03-05-13, 06:02 AM
eightblack
Driver School Candidate

I dont drive our F Sport as my daily car as this is my wifes car. I drive a new Golf GTI, which is perfect for my commute to the airport (as I travel 2 weeks a month). I love Lexus but not as my own car. Its a great family car and I always drive if we are all together ...

Am trying to convince my wife to let me buy a new Range Rover Supercharged, but am not winning the battle. But it is early days...
Old 03-05-13, 06:49 AM
kirkw33
Driver School Candidate

Good luck with that battle eightblack.

I'm a 36-year old guy, and I will be purchasing a 2010 RX 350 at the end of this week. For the past couple months, I firmly believed I would purchase an Audi Q5, then test drove them both - the Lexus is just more practical for me. I'm a huge gadget guy and the Lexus with NAV won hands-down there. I loved the ventilated seats, and as stupid as this sounds, the fact the iPod connector was accessible next to the driver's seat and not the glovebox was a factor. I loved the smooth ride, sure the Q5 was fun to drive, but the Lexus is more than enough fun and seemed the better package for me.

The LAST thing I thought of (until I saw this thread, admittedly) was "is this car manly?" Frankly I didn't care. Though I am glad this thread helped me ease any concerns that might have come up.

So I'll be picking up my Truffle Mica / Parchment RX on Friday. If people want to call me out for having a Soccer Mom car, bring it on.

Last edited by Cruiter; 03-05-13 at 12:23 PM.
Old 03-06-13, 05:41 PM
GoGiantsNJ
Pole Position

Default GoGiantsNJ

I'm a male 55 years young driving my 2012 RX-350 AWD silver with the 19" wheels. I work in a tough male majority occupation.Two of my male coworkers who drive (get this) blue Camry's said don't most Females drive Rx's. My reply was about as many as drive your Sky Blue Camry.

I couldn't care less about anyones opinion. This RX-350 of mine is my favorite vehicle of the many I have owned over the years.
Good Luck,and enjoy the RX.
Old 03-07-13, 06:38 PM
satnav
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

23 male I have 2010 Rx Silver. Dumped my A6 for it. I don't miss the Audi at all. Yeah it might be "a womens car," but I have never been told that to my face. Though people do ask if its my parents car. Though to be honest I don't really know what makes a car a women car. Personally I don't care what people think. Anyways I find the car to be very professional and fits well in almost any circumstance or environment. Practical, not to flashy, and just the right size.
Old 03-12-13, 12:19 PM
vlad_a
Lexus Champion

Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts

Gee, I wonder if Toyota views RX as a manly vehicle in its domestic market:
Open link, click on the right side
Old 03-12-13, 01:40 PM
GoGiantsNJ
Pole Position

Well thanks to this post I've become more observant with RX's on the road. Oh well,most of them are driven by Females.

I'm mortgaging the house and purchasing one of the 500 LFA's. Then I woke up.
Old 03-12-13, 03:24 PM
Yurka
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Well im 21 male, and im looking to get RX350 within the next few weeks, i can see what some people might say that the car is for older people or its women, i was one of those people until i drove 2010 RX at work, i loved it. It looks great, it is definitely roomy, im 6-02 and i can freely chill in the car which is pretty cool. One the road it is dope, even though i only had a chance to drive it for about an hour, i like it. Im lookin to get Black/ Grey outside, black inside and i doubt id change anythin about it, maybe just swap rims to make it look mean and tint it all around, other than that car is great and im a young generation in here . Yes its a family car, they say its not for teenagers (well young people), so what? The car is great, if you like it - go for it, who cares what others think, as long as youre comfortable and good, keep it.
Old 03-15-13, 02:06 PM
Hvarsov
Driver School Candidate

I bought black car with black interior.....younwill never question if it is a mans car again......
Old 03-16-13, 08:15 PM
gaylonw
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I completely agree.....

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
On my third RX, latest one the "manliest" of them all (F Sport). My CT is my daily driver for fuel economy purposes so my wife takes the F-Sport on occasional errands and taking kids to school, but the RX was my choice and purchase and when the weekend is here, I love driving it over the CT. Unless it's pink, the RX is a gender neutral vehicle in my opinion and one can argue the F Sport was made to lure in the male demographics. I think Lexus got this right if that was their intent - take a look at the roll call thread to see a male predominance for this particular model. If you feel insecure but love the RX, the F Sport is your answer-no mistaking this model.
I have a new 2013 F Sport and I bought it for my wife.
I have 2 Land Cruiser's, a '90 and a '96 and a new FJ Cruiser, that I rotate as my daily driver.
My FJ is a 2012 Trail Teams Edition and it is my favorite ride. It has all the TRD options, it's very capable and it's good looking and alot of fun to drive.
That said, I finally have a car for my wife that I like and would drive it everyday.
Great looks, the HD suspension gives it a great ride and it is very fast- lightning quick.
I really enjoy it- from looks, inside and out, to driving it down the highway.
I would gladly put into my rotation as a DD.................gm
Old 03-17-13, 05:07 AM
CanadianRX
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by eightblack
I dont drive our F Sport as my daily car as this is my wifes car. I drive a new Golf GTI, which is perfect for my commute to the airport (as I travel 2 weeks a month). I love Lexus but not as my own car. Its a great family car and I always drive if we are all together ...

Am trying to convince my wife to let me buy a new Range Rover Supercharged, but am not winning the battle. But it is early days...

Ditto, daily driver 2003 golf GTI, 2013 RX family hauler. Although a new 4 door GTI is hopefully in the cards in 2 years. Mine is over 10 years old. I think the RX is a great vehicle and drive it whenever I can because it's new

Last edited by CanadianRX; 03-17-13 at 05:10 AM.
Old 03-17-13, 08:02 AM
darkoozy
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I own a '95 Pontiac Trans Am convertible (5.7L LT1), a 2012 Lexus ISF, and picking up an RX F-Sport at the end of this month.

The RX will become the primary vehicle so I dont continue to tear up the high performance cars. Ya, I picked the f-sport for its more aggressive look, black/black (kinda like Darth Vader). The firebird is red and the ISF is black.

To be honest, I couldn't care less who the RX was intended for or who the primary gender is driving it, and have no issues having it as a daily driver. I don't feel any different...
Old 12-14-13, 07:28 PM
CapeDave
Pole Position

61, 2012 Cerulean Blue RX350, awesome car! Very practical as it is my only vehicle. I usually do white, and would love a darker blue. But most of the time I don't worry about nothin' and just enjoy the hell out of the car.

Quick Reply: Any "Guys" Driving the RX as their Primary Car ?