ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-3rd-gen-2010-2015-212/)
-   -   2010 Rx350 question re. navigation (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-3rd-gen-2010-2015/608372-2010-rx350-question-re-navigation.html)

IS250Vic 12-16-11 05:52 PM

2010 Rx350 question re. navigation

Hello,

I've been a regular browser of this site, and had a quick question for anyone who may know:

Is there a vendor who sells the OEM navigation screen for this car?

My dad definitely regrets not buying his RX350 with the navigation package, and was wondering if this was at all possible; if not, does anyone have any alternative suggestions re. aftermarket navigation systems and setup, positioning etc?

Pics would be a HUGE help.

I am normally pretty good with using the search function, but for this particular inquiry I couldn't find anything, so I apologize if a similar thread already exists!

LexuSLP 12-17-11 12:27 AM

Check out www.lexuspartsnow.com, they have just about everything for that model year, though kinda pricey

Cruiter 12-17-11 05:05 AM

Adding the OEM Nav system will probably have a prohibitive price tag. If I'm wrong please post the details and cost. But so many cars come with them now, the 'w/s' models have come down in price and more features like free upgrades are on most. Check your box stores like COSTCO, BJ's, and SAM's.

Or support the economy and buy your dad a new RX (with NAV) for Xmas :thumbup:

Seriously tho, your post is good for folks buying the RX and saying they don't want to pay the price for the NAV system. It's always one of the smarter options to have OEM. Buyers remorse can be more painful than the money cost.

Originally Posted by IS250Vic (Post 6887832)
Hello,

I've been a regular browser of this site, and had a quick question for anyone who may know:

Is there a vendor who sells the OEM navigation screen for this car?

My dad definitely regrets not buying his RX350 with the navigation package, and was wondering if this was at all possible; if not, does anyone have any alternative suggestions re. aftermarket navigation systems and setup, positioning etc?

Pics would be a HUGE help.

I am normally pretty good with using the search function, but for this particular inquiry I couldn't find anything, so I apologize if a similar thread already exists!

MX5NES350 12-17-11 06:12 AM

Anything is possible given enough money. The "Nav" isn't just navigation. It also is connected to your climate control, integrated with your bluetooth, controls the radio, and also sets your personal choices for your vehicle. It isn't a simple plug and play.

If he really wants navigation go out and buy him a nice Garmin.

TampaOwner 12-17-11 07:31 AM

im not that impressed with the joystick navigation... i liked the touch screen nav in The RX330 second generation... it was just easier to use...

MX5NES350 12-17-11 07:53 AM

I'm trying to get used to that myself. It can be a bit cumbersome compared to a touchscreen but after a while I think I am getting the hang of it. I just don't play around with it much while driving since I don't want to end up in a tree.

InRBigness 12-17-11 11:27 AM

I love the mouse button and really like the force feedback when you are over an icon. I wish that there was a way to make the map not show and have the radio stuff on the nav screen when not using the nav system. It seems to revert back to the map or the menu after a certain amount of time.

Cruiter 12-17-11 11:49 AM

Jairus, You have to be parked to get all the way into your settings, but once there, you can change enough that you'll feel lordly and empowered when your done ;). Including changing which screen stays up.

Glad you're liking your car.

Merry Christmas
ps; are you one of those that removed the manual and can't find it anymore :egads: ???
Sorry, I've already been in the egg nog

Originally Posted by InRBigness (Post 6888869)
I love the mouse button and really like the force feedback when you are over an icon. I wish that there was a way to make the map not show and have the radio stuff on the nav screen when not using the nav system. It seems to revert back to the map or the menu after a certain amount of time.

tapau 12-17-11 02:16 PM

Cruiter, can you tell us where in the settings to change which screen stays up plz.

Thanks

InRBigness 12-17-11 02:26 PM

Ah but Cruiter I do not have to be stopped as I have the override installed for exactly things like this. You dont have to be in park, just below 10K I think. That being said, I know where my manuals are, just easier to ask and educate everyone. :)

I will search around the menus and see what i can find.

Cruiter 12-17-11 06:37 PM

It was easy to find. Just go to settings/general/ and click 'auto screen change' to off. Then your screen will remain wherever you leave it until you change it again. Then it will remain there whether it's the radio, nav, consumption, or whatever. There are lots of things in there, you can't change anything you can't undo. It's the place for owners to customize what they want.

Originally Posted by InRBigness (Post 6889096)
Ah but Cruiter I do not have to be stopped as I have the override installed for exactly things like this. You dont have to be in park, just below 10K I think. That being said, I know where my manuals are, just easier to ask and educate everyone. :)

I will search around the menus and see what i can find.

IS250Vic 12-18-11 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by MX5NES350 (Post 6888519)
Anything is possible given enough money. The "Nav" isn't just navigation. It also is connected to your climate control, integrated with your bluetooth, controls the radio, and also sets your personal choices for your vehicle. It isn't a simple plug and play.

If he really wants navigation go out and buy him a nice Garmin.

Ahh I see, good to know!! I think he simply wants the GPS function to help him drive around the city or if he needs help with directions.

Rather than navigation, any suggestions on a quality GPS system but with a screen at least 5 inches?

Thank you for all the great input. I will probably get a navigation system for the Is250 as well