RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Audio System Problem - No Sound

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-11, 09:33 PM
x10civ
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

For the Mark Levinson, Harman manufactures for Lexus the amplifier and speakers for this vehicle. The head unit is another manufacturer ( pioneer )

Last edited by x10civ; 09-09-11 at 11:26 PM.
Old 09-12-11, 01:54 PM
rmbhagwa
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DunWkg
I may be mistaken, but I believe the original equipment is Pioneer. I'm unsure if there is a relationship between Pioneer and Harman (ML), although I would guess no connection.
Thanks David. So the name Mark Levinson (Harman) is Pioneer based?
Old 09-12-11, 05:07 PM
marco5570
Driver School Candidate

Default No Sound without earthquake

Today, I started to get a screech in the left drivers side tweeter. Took it to dealer and he order new tweeter and mid range for drivers side door. Tonight no sound from any source. Dealer will order new amp, etc
Is there a problem with 2011 350's based on the posts above????
Old 09-12-11, 11:02 PM
MC5Wes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Radios

From all of the posts I have seen. The 3rd Generation RX radios may be a little more prone to problems. Besides amps and speakers going out. The head unit has also shown to be haunted. It will just change modes and speaker levels by itself.
Old 09-13-11, 07:58 PM
rmbhagwa
Driver School Candidate

My AMP issue still not resolve at this moment. Been close to two weeks now. I am a bit curious now that other folks did encounter Audio problems with their RX350's, and other Lexus models. Is LEXUS hiding something from us here. If this problem existed in earlier models or generations, how come there was not a manufacturer recall on this system, etc, etc. It bothers me to some extent that LEXUS is ( or has been) cutting corners in their quality control and the consumer pays the price. Look at the clock in the RX, It looks looks like a $2 clock installed in these luxury cars. Shame on you LEXUS. Not a way to keep your customers. I will let you know the outcome of this fix with my audio system. As for now, I am actually using a weather radio receiver in my car for entertainment when I am on the road.

Bob
Old 01-01-13, 08:33 AM
sg6700
Driver School Candidate

I had the same issue for the audio.

Mine is a mod of after market Eclipse NAV system AVN726E. It was working perfectly fine yesterday until I did not close the rear door all the way shut so the battery ran out this morning that I had to jump start. My car started fine after jump start but there is no sound coming out from my Lexus speakers. I am not sure at this point what the cause of this. Everything is working fine except for the sound (radio, nav, phone all online and working). i read somewhere that I could take out the battery cables (- and +) and leave the car dead for 2 hours for memory to drain out completely then re-attached the wires and see if it resolves the issue.

Anybody has done this before? If so, could you please reply to the thread. I'm so confused right now.

TIA
Old 01-02-13, 08:03 AM
Clutchless

Received 1,092 Likes on 932 Posts

sg6700 - Just unhook the positive battery cable, then hold the brake pedal down for 30 seconds to drain any residual stored electricity. Wait a couple minutes then hook it back up. However, you may have damaged your system when jump starting the car. Your amplifier may be damaged, or you may have blown a fuse, if it is separate from the head unit, check the fuses first. You did not say if your head unit and amp were Lexus or aftermarket. If Lexus, what year are you? Is it still under warranty?

Also, when you do this, you erase the engine and transmission computers memories and they have to re-learn your driving style etc. So driveability, shifting and mileage may suffer for a few days unti it re-learns.
Old 02-16-13, 09:55 AM
steenboat
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Where's Amp

Where is the amp located on 2007 Lexus RX 350 ?
Old 01-10-14, 03:04 PM
drterrc
Driver School Candidate

Default Doc

I have a 2004, 330 and the radio doesn't give audio all the time and when it does the sound is fuzzy to start and gets better when it stays on. However, it never sounds good. I also get a cracking static sound from the speakers at times even when the radio is off. The Nav screen is also not right but is on.
Old 01-04-18, 01:49 AM
Sammorax
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by drterrc
I have a 2004, 330 and the radio doesn't give audio all the time and when it does the sound is fuzzy to start and gets better when it stays on. However, it never sounds good. I also get a cracking static sound from the speakers at times even when the radio is off. The Nav screen is also not right but is on.
am currently experiencing this similar problem... Could you please advise what you did to get this resolved?
Old 01-08-18, 08:41 AM
steenboat
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default No Sound RX350

I had the same problem...took it to dealer to find out that I had a bad amp, which I could only get from Lexus.
The following users liked this post:
shobhs (04-10-22)
Old 01-31-18, 05:27 AM
Sammorax
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by steenboat
I had the same problem...took it to dealer to find out that I had a bad amp, which I could only get from Lexus.
Thanks you. I was wondering if it could be one of my speakers as the abnormal sound kept coming from one only.
Old 05-13-19, 08:20 PM
spraek
Driver School Candidate

my solution to this problem was to disconnect the battery from the positive terminal then simply connect the positive terminal back and then start up the car as usual .. and thats all i did and it worked like a charm. also check the radio fuses might be blown just replace and your good to go !
Old 10-28-19, 10:02 AM
abdul2ray
Driver School Candidate

My 2012 Lexus RX 350 Audio system went silent. No sound, mouse cursor not responding despite several troubleshooting with car Audio system. I've checked the all fuses and amplifier but still no sound. Any help. Thanks
Old 01-07-20, 05:14 PM
Ouellette
Driver School Candidate

I also lost all my audio.
Cause: I had used SOS to call Lexus for service help. After call, the (green) light was still blinking = active.
Solution: HOLD SOS button for ~5 sec to CANCEL call. Green blinking light goes out. Audio returns.

Quick Reply: Audio System Problem - No Sound