RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Weathertech Side Window Deflectors

Old 06-06-13, 07:19 AM
CodeRed
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gklatv
Got a few pictures. Couldn't take a picture at even closer distance because the deflector is in a way, and everything getting very blurry (just like or even worse than the 3rd shot). I'm a lousy photographer - sorry.
Thanks a lot gklatv !
The pictures are good, they show that the clips are properly installed in place to hold the deflectors.

The weather strip to pull with the metal installation tool (for the channel clip to sit on top of) is "inside" the channel?
(I did not want to break anything so I didn't try hard to stick the metal piece inside the top side of the windows channel looking for proper things to pull)

Instruction (even you tube video) showed somewhat exposed weather strips that you can clearly tell what to pull down.
Old 06-06-13, 03:33 PM
gklatv
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by CodeRed
The weather strip to pull with the metal installation tool (for the channel clip to sit on top of) is "inside" the channel?
I recall that the black rubber strip needs to be pulled lightly from the window channel (using weathertech provided tool or any small hooked tool really) and the clip is inserted in there. The rubber strip should be then tucked back by gently pushing it in. It is really easy, and does not require any measurable force at all.
The clips are now sitting inside the weather strips in the channel. They are loose at this point, so you can move them a little along the channel for a proper location.
Now the deflector can be installed in between the metal window frame and the rubber, pushing down on the clips and keeping them, obviously, underside of the deflector.

That's how I installed rear deflector as I remember. Takes just a few minutes, The deflectors seem to stay tight enough for me not to worry of loosing them any time soon.
Old 06-11-13, 08:52 AM
CodeRed
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by gklatv
I recall that the black rubber strip needs to be pulled lightly from the window channel (using weathertech provided tool or any small hooked tool really) and the clip is inserted in there. The rubber strip should be then tucked back by gently pushing it in. It is really easy, and does not require any measurable force at all.
The clips are now sitting inside the weather strips in the channel. They are loose at this point, so you can move them a little along the channel for a proper location.
Now the deflector can be installed in between the metal window frame and the rubber, pushing down on the clips and keeping them, obviously, underside of the deflector.

That's how I installed rear deflector as I remember. Takes just a few minutes, The deflectors seem to stay tight enough for me not to worry of loosing them any time soon.
Thanks for the information!!
The re-ordered clips has just arrived yesterday, I will attempt again using the clips; before I go for the 3M foam tape option.
Old 06-14-13, 07:18 PM
CodeRed
Driver School Candidate

Default Got the rear Deflector up !

Thank you gklatv for the pictures and tips.

Thanks all for the comments & suggestions.
Old 04-03-17, 04:46 PM
Leddy
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile Vent Visors

Does anyone have the vent visors on their vehicle? If so, do they cause excessive wind noise in the vehicle? I'd really like to get some because I'd like to be able to crack the windows when it's rainy out without getting the door/my arm wet.
Old 02-19-18, 09:47 AM
GhostMeat
Driver School Candidate

New RX350 owner here. Got a sick, sick "little old lady selling her basically unused car" deal (2011 with less than 5K miles for ~$8K under blue book).

So, I ordered some WeatherTech visors and have installed the front ones. Didn't do the back because I'm having a little trouble. Can't get them to sit in the channel without interfering with the window raising and lowering, even after leaving them in with the windows closed for 2 days. I've had to reset the windows (The whole raising and lowering a few times procedure) a number of times.

So...understandably the build tolerances on a Lexus are pretty tight. Even if I do get them to work ok, what are the long term effects of a little bit of stress on the window mechanics inside the door? I've owned a VW before and the part that keeps the window raised was plastic and basically broke on me. So I'm a little sensitive to the topic.
Old 06-16-19, 07:55 AM
Notgrownup
Driver School Candidate

Default WeatherTech window visors installed

Just added in channel WeatherTech side Window Deflectors in dark tint. Windows closed perfectly the first try, now binding or problems. Love them, now to try them on the road.

Old 06-16-19, 10:28 AM
RX in NC
Racer

Received 385 Likes on 305 Posts

Why does anyone feel the need to do this? Strictly for cosmetic purposes?
Old 06-16-19, 11:05 AM
Notgrownup
Driver School Candidate

I like them because you can leave the windows cracked in the rain. Plus, it’s the wife’s car and she asked for them nicely....Happy wife.
Old 06-16-19, 04:12 PM
ronmaiden
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd rather not have them so cosmetically no but to be able to keep the windows cracked when parked at times is kind of nice. I hate a muggy hot car.
The following users liked this post:
Felix (07-11-22)
Old 07-08-22, 11:11 PM
sdchenchen
9th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Anyone have Window. / Rain Visor ?

Hi! Thinking about putting some in channel visors, but pics are hard to come by! Does anyone have low profile or just any rain visors on their F-Sport?
Old 07-11-22, 08:01 PM
Felix
Pole Position

Received 460 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by ronmaiden
I'd rather not have them so cosmetically no but to be able to keep the windows cracked when parked at times is kind of nice. I hate a muggy hot car.
Really do make a difference w/ a couple windows cracked in hot weather at work.