RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models
Old 12-16-14, 12:48 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Tires and Wheels Guide
Print Wikipost

Lexus RX models - Best All-season tire choices

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-11, 07:19 PM
JimH2
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gladiator9
Just came across this tire review for the good year assurance triple tread all weather tire
which is winter rated and an all season tire. I have had these on my Ford Sport trac truck and found them very good.
http://www.autos.ca/auto-articles/ti...-season-tire/2
Hope you can access the link.
Jim
Rated great on Tirerack also.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....nce+TripleTred

See the survey section.
Old 08-24-11, 07:17 PM
afpj
Instructor

Received 72 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by The X Men
I am not sure if anyone here have tried the Yoko parada spec-X yet, but they got pretty good reviews on the Rav4 and Audi Q5 forums. They are suppose to be better in the snow than the Geonaldar which I had on my old RAV4.
Yes, see post #17 of this thread, unless I've been banned or blocked and didn't know it.
Old 09-29-11, 10:28 AM
1dianamite
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Tires for RX 400h

My Goodyear Eagle RS-A 235/55/18s have lasted almost 31K miles. The ride was smooth, traction good. What is my best bet for the great, smooth, comfort ride I've had since new? We always prefer Michelin, but is it really any better?
Old 09-29-11, 01:14 PM
KingStyles
Driver School Candidate

I just put some continental extreme contact dws on mine and the ride and noise is nearly the same as the stock tires. They have a 50k warranty and they are supposedly really good in the snow and rain. Normally I wouldnt think twice about it but my new tires are basically rubber bands (255/30/24) and they are almost performing to the level of the stock tires.
Old 10-01-11, 12:35 PM
data2009
Pole Position

Found these tires and really like the looks, specs, and reviews. http://toyotires.com/tire/pattern/versado-cuv I think Open Country would be a bit rough for RX. Other tires I'm considering are Yokohama Parada Spec, as Tire Rack reviews on them are excellent and price is lower than OEM.
Old 10-02-11, 10:04 AM
gladiator9
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a question for Zig @TR.
I know that Good Year doesn't offer the Assurance triple tread tires in the 19" size yet, but I have read that Nokian tires does offer an all weather tire that is winter rated in a 19" size. Are you aware of any other tire manufacturers that may offer a similar all season all weather tire?
If not, I may just order the Yokohama Parada Spec x sometime late next year when my Michelins are ready to toss. I am up here in Canada but spend winters in Mesa, but sometimes need a winter rated tire when commuting back from the US.
Thanks,
Jim
Old 10-02-11, 06:46 PM
happy1977
Instructor

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts

As much as I wanted to have the Michelin, the Bridgestone performed well on the interstate with heavy rain @ +80mph without hydroplaning.
Old 10-03-11, 01:04 PM
zig@tr
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by gladiator9
I have a question for Zig @TR.
I know that Good Year doesn't offer the Assurance triple tread tires in the 19" size yet, but I have read that Nokian tires does offer an all weather tire that is winter rated in a 19" size. Are you aware of any other tire manufacturers that may offer a similar all season all weather tire?
If not, I may just order the Yokohama Parada Spec x sometime late next year when my Michelins are ready to toss. I am up here in Canada but spend winters in Mesa, but sometimes need a winter rated tire when commuting back from the US.
Thanks,
Jim
I'm making the assumption you are referring to the 235/55R19 size? Unfortunately, there are just not many tires in this size to begin with and of the tires offered the Yokohama Parada Spec-X will still be my first choice for an all-season. Also, I would look at the Continental CrossContact LX Sport. If snow and ice are your biggest concern the Yokohama's are still a good choice although not serve snow rated as you may need in Canada, but they still have good winter traction. Nokian, I can't really speak for as this is one of the few brands The Tire Rack does not carry.

Yokohama Parada Spec-X

Continental CrossContact LX20

Last edited by zig@tr; 10-03-11 at 01:49 PM.
Old 11-02-11, 08:22 PM
data2009
Pole Position

Originally Posted by data2009
Found these tires and really like the looks, specs, and reviews. http://toyotires.com/tire/pattern/versado-cuv I think Open Country would be a bit rough for RX. Other tires I'm considering are Yokohama Parada Spec, as Tire Rack reviews on them are excellent and price is lower than OEM.
Well, here an update. After 10/28 snow storm in NYC, decided its time to upgrade the Bridgestones before the neck of the winter.

I decided to go with Toyo Versado CUV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivJ0bDDlA-w

They are seating in my garage. Will have them installed in a few days, followed by a 90-mile round trip, so will have some road testing done.
Old 11-10-11, 09:04 AM
alanbussey
Driver School Candidate

On our '99 RX350 we got 26k and replaced them with Mich MX. Got 60k on that set - replaced the with same brand and traded it in with 144k on the clock. Great wear but a hard ride - especially in cold weather. We now have 2010 RX with Dunlop 19 in - looks like we will need tires at 30k. Not doing as much driving since lung cancer and chemo so not sure what we will buy.
Old 11-10-11, 11:34 AM
UCSB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by data2009
Well, here an update. After 10/28 snow storm in NYC, decided its time to upgrade the Bridgestones before the neck of the winter.

I decided to go with Toyo Versado CUV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivJ0bDDlA-w

They are seating in my garage. Will have them installed in a few days, followed by a 90-mile round trip, so will have some road testing done.
Please give us some feedback on comfort, ride and noise levels.
Old 11-10-11, 09:11 PM
data2009
Pole Position

Originally Posted by UCSB
Please give us some feedback on comfort, ride and noise levels.
It has been about a week. I think the biggest compliment these tires get from my wife who is driving RX daily to/from work -- "I do not notice ANY difference".

Translation from me -- this means the tires have 'at least' the same comfort, ride and noise as the stock tires, which I will admit were pretty good in a straight line, highway cruising. Cornering, braking, and handling over wet/snow -- that's a completely different story. Bridgestones pretty much sucked in all of them.

TOYOs get top scores from me in all of the above. They feel like they were designed specifically with RX in mind. They have a deep thread, yet they ride much smoother than Michelins I had experience with for one day in Lexus loaner. Cornering is precise, never feel the tires sleep, even on sandy/gravel roads -- something I always dreaded with HL 400s.

No bounce. Again, if the ride quality would degrade as it happens sometimes with new tires, my wife would notice it first (who needs Tire Rack reviews, heh? )

The winter is near. I hope the first impressions will last through the best of it, and then some.

One last thing. These tires are Made in Japan, so my Lexus gained back about 10% (2.5% per tire) of it's origin.

So far, these tires are 10 out of 10 for me. Very happy. Hope this helps.

Last edited by data2009; 11-13-11 at 05:37 PM.
Old 12-11-13, 04:09 PM
rezapci
Driver School Candidate

Arrow

I am looking for a good and reasonable price tires in two month I can't find any

any idea?
Old 12-11-13, 04:30 PM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by rezapci
I am looking for a good and reasonable price tires in two month I can't find any

any idea?
What do you consider reasonable? Tires for the RX are expensive. Your profile says you have a 2004 RX330, so perhaps you should have a look over in the 2nd Generation RX forum. Start at the end and work your way forward.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...e-choices.html

The best thing to do is to go over to TireRack, one of CL's sponsors, and have a look at the available tires and their prices to replace what is on your RX. After you pick out a few which are of interest you can read the reviews and surveys to see which ones would best fit your needs. There are also a number of rebates available at various times of the year, so once you have your picks you can keep an eye open for something which better fits your finances.

http://www.tirerack.com/?affiliate=DZ1

Keep in mind that quality tires are important to the braking and handling characteristics of your vehicle. This is one area where you want to spend money and not cheap out.