RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

What do you get with a Lexus?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-11, 08:08 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

flystone, I think you are on to something. Sounds like buyer decided he didn't get enough stuff and is now unhappy and wants to complain. There really is no reason for a Lexus dealer to deliberately short the customer something as essential as the 2nd key fob. Sounds fishy.

And these crises always seem to be from brand new posters with no history on this site.
Old 01-12-11, 07:19 AM
DunWkg
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Free stuff? I didn't know I was supposed to ask for free stuff. If given a key chain, I wouldn't have used it anyway. I wanna keep FEWER objects in my pocket and a smooth Lexus key fob is just fine.

I did receive TWO key fobs. Now if my wife hadn't received one, that would have created problems!!

Having a third fob for the "designated driver" would have been nice! Isn't that what the third driver memory position is for?
Old 01-12-11, 09:12 AM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

as far as I know, the car supports up to 6 or 7 key fobs...they just come at 300 a piece.
Old 01-12-11, 09:51 AM
caha14
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by flystone
I just don't believe there is a sales, any sales that will be DUMB enough to say the new car only comes with one key and to not know what options/accessories comes w/ the car from factory
FWIW... For a sales person to not know there are two key fobs would be pretty egregious, I would agree with that. However, in terms of options and accessories, when we were taking delivery of our new 2007 GS350 AWD, and I asked our sales guy how to activate Lexus Link, he did not know our car had Lexus Link! All-weather mats, which were part of the deal that had been signed 7 weeks before? "Sorry, we need to order them because they are not in stock. Are you able to pick them up next week?"

So, nothing surprises me any more. To boot, it was snowing out, and our new car was parked outside while an old used POS E-Class Benz was in the indoor delivery area. First and last purchase at Ira Lexus.

Last edited by caha14; 01-12-11 at 10:05 AM.
Old 01-12-11, 10:02 AM
2008ES
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

None of you guys got a tin of chocolate covered mint Oreo's? Your dealers are slackin'

(2 key fobs, 2 key rings, tote bag, washed while I signed the papers, tank of gas, 5K and 10K service, and the cookies. And mine was a CPO.)
Old 01-12-11, 07:28 PM
Dong99
Driver School Candidate

Every RX should come with 2 key fobs. We did receive 2 key chains with shiny and heavy dealer tags (I have to say they are very nice looking, but useless IMHO, I took them off immediately). That's all.

One full tank of gas and car wash / interior prep / function demo are included with every new car purchase (not just Lexus), they are part of the "destination charge", so we actually paid for them.

I believe 5K and 10K free services are provided by Lexus, not specific dealer's freebie.

Almost forgot, everyone should also get a tiny little metal key code tag, in case you lost your key.
Old 01-13-11, 05:24 AM
MC5Wes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Lexus

I just got the first service for my new RX. The only thing I would have wanted was a Valet key. I had to buy one later.
Old 01-13-11, 02:35 PM
offroad200
Instructor

Received 160 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Dong99
I believe 5K and 10K free services are provided by Lexus, not specific dealer's freebie.
That is correct. Also the LPS is provided by Lexus. I think within the first 1000 miles. Technically, carpet floor mats are an accessory. But, they all come with them. And you get 2 keys. Anything else is between you and the salesman/dealership. We give out 2 keychains with our dealership name on them. They are actually pretty nice. Also, a lot of our salesmen give out tshirts/hats/mugs, that sort of thing. But again, that's not Lexus corp.
Old 01-14-11, 09:27 AM
LongoLexs1
Driver School Candidate

Default Longo Lexus Replies

Originally Posted by Baller5x
I just bought a 2011 RX 350 and my sales person just started working there. I have a feeling he forgot to give me all the extras I get with buying a brand new car. I want to know what Lexus provides with the car: like how many keys? and what you usually get with buying a car from a Lexus dealership such as mats, key chains, etc. I would especially like to hear from people who bought from Longo. I would appreciate your help. Thank you.

This is Chris McCarty of Longo Lexus. It is important to me that you are satisfied with your buying experience at our dealership and that you enjoy your new RX 350. Please contact me directly at 626-580-6272 and let me address your concerns and make things right. I look forward to hearing from you.
Old 01-14-11, 10:15 PM
EMSLEXUSRX
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

On my second Lexus RX purchased from Lexus of Tampa Bay and have been a very satisfied customer for the last four-and-a-half years. I received two key fobs inside the leather casing plus two Lexus key chains attached to each key, plus free tire rotation for the first 5k, and will be receiving my first free oil change when the 10k comes up soon.
Old 01-15-11, 01:34 AM
billy44bo
Lexus Test Driver

Emslexusrx you got the same thing that most of us got and that is nothing . Now my salesman sent a candy coated apple to the house the next week but we are both diabetic so that went over well we just put it in the trash.
Old 01-15-11, 09:24 PM
Baller5x
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by flystone
I really doubt the story OP told is the 100% truth..there are some inconsistencies in his story..

He first said he get one KEY CHAIN and ask for second one and was denied by the sales..
He then said he wants to complain to Lexus Corporate for not receive FREE ALL-WEATHER-MATS..

He then said on his next post that he only receive one key and mention the fight over floor mats w/ the sales..

If he only get one key, whey did he ask for TWO KEY CHAINS??

I have a feeling that he was mad that the sales didn't give him enough freebies such as 2nd key chain or give him free all-weahter mats or he was shoot down when he ask to swap out the stock carpet mats for all weather mats..

I just don't believe there is a sales, any sales that will be DUMB enough to say the new car only comes with one key and to not know what options/accessories comes w/ the car from factory
Well if you had my salesman you would not be saying this. I appreciate your post though.
Old 01-15-11, 09:25 PM
Baller5x
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Evitzee
flystone, I think you are on to something. Sounds like buyer decided he didn't get enough stuff and is now unhappy and wants to complain. There really is no reason for a Lexus dealer to deliberately short the customer something as essential as the 2nd key fob. Sounds fishy.

And these crises always seem to be from brand new posters with no history on this site.
Sorry I seem to upset you by being a new poster, this is my first Lexus.
Old 01-15-11, 10:00 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Baller5x
Sorry I seem to upset you by being a new poster, this is my first Lexus.
Fair enough. Did you call Chris McCarty at Longo as he requested earlier in this thread? Did he make it right? You have to admit there would be a lot of scepticism in only receiving one key fob, as far back as the 50's I know the policy was to get at least two keys for a vehicle. It seems odd that the sales organization at Longo seems to have agreed that you were only entitled to one fob. Odd. Not that it isn't true, but I don't see what is in it for the dealer to deliberately short change the customer, that is NOT good business practice especially on a Lexus owners site like this. Now potential owners are wondering if they will get screwed at this dealer as well. And perhaps the Longo rep can let us know what happened here, at the minimum the sales rep should have been further 'counseled' in the sales area. Not knowing what material comes with a vehicle is inexcusable, imo.
Old 01-15-11, 10:19 PM
EMSLEXUSRX
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by billy44bo
Emslexusrx you got the same thing that most of us got and that is nothing . Now my salesman sent a candy coated apple to the house the next week but we are both diabetic so that went over well we just put it in the trash.
LFMAO!! Darn it! I want a candy-coated apple sent to my house, pronto!!