RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Welcome to Club Lexus! 3RX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-19, 08:15 AM
Lawmom
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband just surprised me with a 2012 RX 350 FWD (belated birthday present). It only has 52,000 miles with a clean Carfax history and good maintenance records. He paid $18,500.
  • Matador Red Mica
  • Parchment interior
  • No Navigation
  • Premium Pkg
This is our second Lexus. We also have a 2002 ES 300 that just hit 200,000 miles. We tend to drive our cars until they die. We also have a a piece of crap 2005 BMW 530i, which has been a nightmare since purchase.
Old 03-29-19, 08:13 AM
jby25
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hello-

Just purchased a 2014 Lexus RX350 in February 2019. It has 68,000 miles with a great Carfax history that has been always serviced at Wilkie Lexus in Pennsylvania.
  • Starfire Pearl
  • Parchment Interior
  • Upgraded 19" wheels
  • Navigation
I am actually a college student, which doesn't fit the usual demographic of a RX owner, but I love a silky smooth car. My previous car was a 2008 Toyota Highlander Sport and I fell in love with the 2GR-FE V6, so I wanted to stay in the family. The RX was a perfect option. Linked below is a video of my car. Please like and subscribe!

Last edited by jby25; 03-29-19 at 09:28 AM.
Old 05-20-19, 08:08 PM
86CRex
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello,
I bought a 2013 Lexus RX 450H in February. It is equipped with the Ultra Premium Package 1 with Blind Spot Monitoring and is in Fire Agate Pearl (brown) with the cream interior (parchment?).
Pretty sure it was traded in because the drivers footwell was awash. Thank you to this forum for pointing me to the plugged sunroof drain as the culprit, which was fixed by snaking with weedeater string.
Cheers!
The following users liked this post:
RadiantX45 (04-22-21)
Old 05-28-19, 01:12 PM
cwatx
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Glad to be back!

I bought a 2015 RX350 (Nebula Gray/Parchment) 6 months ago.
Previously, I had a 2000 RX300 that I had for 15 years. I really loved that car, but it was time to set her free last year. I couldn't justify the $$ required for needed repairs.

It's nice to have some newer technology, like hands-free phone, etc :-) I'm liking the power from this engine as well but my gas mileage sucks.
Most of my driving is in the city, and I'm only getting about 18 mpg
Old 05-29-19, 04:13 PM
Notgrownup
Driver School Candidate

Just joined, 2015 RX350 with 50k miles...love it...getting the front windows and sunroof tinted right now...local trade and very well cared for.
Old 06-05-19, 02:36 PM
tom93r1
10th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Picking up a 16k miles 2015 rx450h in a couple weeks for the wife, flying to Seattle to pick it up and road tripping back home to Tempe AZ.
Coming from a 2011 KIA Sportage SX fwd we purchased new which was actually a really nice for the money. The Lexus is more plush and refined but the KIA is faster
This is our first Lexus product, looking forward to it.
Old 06-24-19, 08:46 AM
awol63
Rookie

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Picked up a 2010 350 Cerulean for the wife this weekend.

Next up - Weathertech floormats and upgraded tint for the AZ sun.

Welcome to Club Lexus! 3RX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-bbxbqar.jpg

Welcome to Club Lexus! 3RX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-svevhyx.jpg
Old 06-27-19, 07:38 PM
Hagar
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Talking Got this really NICE 2013 RX350 this week!

After much searching (about a month) I came across this 2013 RX350 with just over 68,000. For $20,900.
Came with a complete carfax and Lexus of Bellvue maintenance records where apparently, the previous owner would take it in just to have the wheels touched up. Had chip protection applied and came with the following options'

Cross Bars Port
Comfort Pkg: Xenon HID Headlamps, Rain-sensing and Driver/Passenger Heated
& Ventilated Seats
Courtesy Delivery Sticker (whatever that is)
12-spkr Premium Audio Pkg: Single DVD/CD Player, HD Radio w/iTunes tagging &
12-spkr Audio Sys
19" Aluminum Alloy Wheels with All-Season Tires Factory
Navigation System w/Voice Command, Backup Camera Lexus Enform screen
multimedia display & Lexus Enform with Destination Assist and eDestination, App
Suite, SiriusXM NavTrafc, NavWeather, Stocks Sports & Fuel prices (1-year trial
subscription included)
Intuitive Parking Assist
Premium Package w/Blind Spot Monitor System: Leather Trim Interior, Blind Spot
Monitor System, One-Touch Open/Close Moonroof, Power-folding
Electrochromic Heated Outside Mirrors, Driver's Seat/Steering/Mirror
Memory-3 settings, Roof Rails

So no adaptive cruise, no lighted door sills (might add) and no Mark Levensin and no HUD.

Love the color combo and look. Wanted a 2016 but willing to take this beauty in the meantime. Drives a like a new car. Really!

Got a free 6 month subscription to XM. (might take um on it)
lexuspleus (06-27-19)
Old 07-05-19, 01:13 PM
SLHohen828
Driver School Candidate

Smile New RX Owner - Hello!

Hi everyone! New forum member and Lexus owner. Both my husband and I have owned Toyotas our whole lives (him: 1990 and 2002 Toyota Tacoma (he's still driving this one); me: 1992 Corolla and 2005 Echo - finally got rid of the Echo once we got the RX, it still drovethough!). My parents both upgraded to Lexus 10 years ago so I've had opportunities to drive them throughout the years (mother: 2008 ES 350; father: 2008 RX 350 and now drives 2011 RX, after 2008 RX 350 was totaled in a bad car accident - accident wasn't his fault, and car 100% saved his life). I was originally in the market for a wagon, but after test driving a handful of Volvos and BMWs and even reading BMW owners say "if you want a reliable car, buy a Lexus", getting a RX 350 became our focus.

Back in March of this year, we bought our car:

CPO 2015 RX 350, black exterior with parchment leather inside. It had just rolled off a lease; it had a little over 27,000 miles and minimal rust/salt damage.
I don't really know what package it has, but it has a navigation system, blind spot detection, it beeps like crazy whenever we're approaching something, has cruise control, and the previous owner also installed cross bars (which my cyclist hubby really loved) and a remote starter (which was REALLY nice for the remaining weeks of winter).

As you can tell by the cars we've owned previously, this is by far the nicest car we've ever had, haha, so my time on this forum will be spent researching how to maintain it. First task: how to clean parchment leather and wash those stupid little bugs off the front of a car after roadtrips.

Old 07-07-19, 12:11 PM
jozik
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile Starfire Pearl/Black - loaded

Hi guys! This post is a bit overdue as I got my 2013 RX450H AWD in April of this year, I freaking LOVE the car. Fully loaded Starfire pearl with a black leather interior and the factory superchrome 19 inch wheels. Fun fact the car used to belong to Frank Sinatra Jr. and has all the bells and whistles I figure he wanted plus the tow package. ML audio which has surprisingly sort of let me down on every audio input except for USB so far, at least via Bluetooth bass issues and some SAT bass quality also. Blind spot has worked wonders for me but I wish it also made an audible beep if it detected a car in my BSM area and I had my turn signal on, also I would appreciate if the tailgate could simply power open after pressing the unlock button above the license plate frame. The power in this car is amazing, just enough for what I need around town and perfect for the highway. I have averaged around 26.7mpg in a half and half highway/city usage with a decently lead foot lol, and on my best trips I've seen 36mpg + in mostly city traffic. I tend to drive in Eco mode and try to hypermile as best as I can however, in Southern California that can end up being quite dangerous. If I slowly crawl up to speed while staying in the blue meter, I anger everybody behind me and I'm not trying to make enemies on the road. I think this car is wonderful and coming from my BMW X3, it feel's similar in size but much better in power and gas mileage. The HUD is incredibly useful and allows for me to focus more on the road rather than having to consistently monitor my dashboard and spedometer when it's all laid out right in front of me!

The only modifications I have made so far have been installing Lexus LED projector lights on all four doors' footwells when they open and getting the car tinted all around.

Let me know what ya think or if you know of any suggestions to anything else I could do to make this car look/feel/ride better!

Anybody know if I can code the vehicle to run the DVD system while out of Park/w the parking brake on? I'm also interested in swapping out all of the warm interior lights to cool white LED's to match the color of the other LED's in the car. RIP my eyes. Also would love to swap out the front bumper/grille for an OEM 'appearance package' or 2013 F-sport bumper and grille!

Last edited by jozik; 07-07-19 at 12:32 PM. Reason: forgot some information, AWD, tow package, ultra premium, luxury, HUD, BSM, Ventilated/Heated seats,
RadiantX45 (04-22-21)
Old 07-12-19, 05:10 PM
tom93r1
10th Gear

Yesterday we sold the KIA Sportage, first vehicle I ever purchased new. Cleaned it up and watched it drive away with the new owner.

But last week we returned home from a great family vacation to get the new to us Lexus. With our 7 month old son we flew to Seattle and picked up the 2015 RX450h with around 16.5K miles. We drove about 5 hours a day and visited friends and family every stop of the way back to Phoenix. The RX was a very comfortable and competent highway cruiser and did amazingly well in the mountains. Yesterday was spa day for the RX and she sure came out pretty! Looking forward to being active in the forum.
Old 07-12-19, 09:34 PM
Hagar
Pit Crew

Wait, you picked up a 2015 with only 16.5 miles on it in Seattle? I live out by Puyallup and didn't see this come up in any search. Looks great and may I ask, did they take it to you for the ultra low mileage?

My 2013 up above with 68,500 cost me $20,900 and I just couldn't find one with Adaptive cruise and the ML system. But it sure is a nice car still.

Dave
Old 07-12-19, 09:38 PM
Hagar
Pit Crew

WOW, Frank Sinatra Jr. And with all the bells and whistles. Adaptive cruise, ML system? And I'd like to know more about the Lexus LED projector lights. I was thinking about doing the door jam lights that say LEXUS, is that what you were talking about? Though yours would of already had that?

Nice car....

Dave
Old 07-12-19, 09:44 PM
tom93r1
10th Gear

Originally Posted by Hagar
Wait, you picked up a 2015 with only 16.5 miles on it in Seattle? I live out by Puyallup and didn't see this come up in any search. Looks great and may I ask, did they take it to you for the ultra low mileage?

My 2013 up above with 68,500 cost me $20,900 and I just couldn't find one with Adaptive cruise and the ML system. But it sure is a nice car still.

Dave
16.5k miles so barely 4k per year... I ride my bicycle almost that much. Most of the miles were trips were to Costco. It belonged to the in-laws of some friends here in Phoenix, they were in Allyn Washington and the picked us up at the SeaTac airport in it. We put on almost 2k miles driving home, so after one week we can say that 10% of the miles are ours.
Old 07-13-19, 02:32 PM
Faculty
Driver School Candidate

Hello everyone!

1. RX350
2. Navigation
3. White exterior, Beige interior
4. TBA
5. Sport model? N/A

Will be updating soon!

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 3RX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE