RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

NYC: Where did you get your Lexus from?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-03, 12:23 PM
JAS300
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NYC: Where did you get your Lexus from?

Hi all,

I am thinking to trade my BMW 328 to a RX330. I am living in Queens, NY. The closet Lexus dealer is Rallye. Did anybody buy his/her Lexus from Rallye? How are they? How much discount can you get? Any Lexus dealers recommend? Prefer Long Island area and after looking at the bad business report I won’t get my Lexus from Manhattan Lexus.

Please advice?
Old 06-06-03, 03:49 PM
Bendra
Driver School Candidate

Good to search for dealers. Manhattan Lexus is not wonderful.
Old 06-09-03, 07:20 AM
cmstahl
Rookie

I don't know if you'd be willing to go to Westchester County to look, but I bought my RX330 at Ray Catena Lexus in Larchmont, NY, and we were quite happy with the sales experience.

I actually live in lower Fairfield County, CT, and went to both Lexus of Greenwich and Lexus of Westport first, and we weren't very happy with either of them as far as trade-in/price negotiations. Ray Catena gave us the best trade-in/$-off-sticker combination. Since we'd already done our homework on exactly the vehicle that we wanted, and had already test-driven the car twice during the time we spent dealing with Greenwich and Westport, it was a relatively straightforward experience (i.e., "we know exactly what we want, what can you do for us in terms of price and trade-in?"). It could be that this was just a "line", but they met our trade-in request, after initially saying no, stating that they would meet it because we'd come from out of state. You wouldn't be from out of state, but if you made an issue of the fact that you have other dealers closer to you, but heard good things about them, it might work in your favor.

I can't speak to their service dept, as I haven't yet reached the 1K mileage mark for my first service, however, as I said, the sales experience was quite good.

I'm also aware that there's a Ray Catena Lexus in NJ, but I don't know where in Jersey.

BTW, just a quick note on trade-in: we went through a lot of frustration because we had gone on the web and had gotten several trade-in values on our old car from sites like Edmund's and Kelley Blue Book. I don't know if NYC area dealers are different, but all three dealers that we went to used the Galves book, which gives MUCH lower values than Kelley, Edmunds, etc. (trade-in values I got from Edmunds', Kelley, etc. ranged from $20K at the low end and $24K at the very high end, choosing appropriate options and condition, while Galves was showing $17.6K). I would recommend you go to galves.com and purchase a 24-hour membership for about $5 so you're working off the same "trade-in page" that the dealers are. In my case, the Galves website added $450 for leather interior, while the salesman was arguing that the extra $450 was not applicable for my model, and even showed us the page in the Galves book showing this. I was able to show him the printout of the Galves.com trade-in calculation and say, "Your book may say that the leather option doesn't apply to my model, but the Galves.com website calculated it in. If you have a PC, I'd be glad to login to Galves.com right now and re-run the report while you watch." I'm not sure how this discrepancy between the book and the website came about, but the $5 we spent on the 24-hour membership worked out to $450 in our favor.

Hope this was helpful.

--Claire Stahl
Old 06-09-03, 08:07 AM
JAS300
Driver School Candidate

Thanks Claire, but Ray Catena a bit far from me. It is about 70 miles.
Old 06-09-03, 10:05 AM
HowieNJ
Rookie

Ray Catena Lexus, Oakhurst NJ. Exit 105 off Garden State Pkwy.

Great deal when I leased my 2002 in august of 2002.
No service issues yet but pleased with their service facility. Actually blown away by the size and cleanliness.

10k service coming up next tuesday 6/17. Will be first ime using them other than the 1,000 milecheckup and the 5,000 mile oil change. Have a few issues that need to be looked at on the vehicle. Will see how its handled.
Old 06-09-03, 12:35 PM
dprosa
Driver School Candidate

Default I second Ray Catena in Oakhurst

Jas300, I also recommend Ray Catena in Oakhurst, I have been dealing with them for 3 yrs since I bought my RX and sent a few people over who have been happy also. It is really not too far from the OuterBridge Crossing (Staten Island). The only thing is that if your going to go to another Lexus closer for Service then you might get dissed on a loaner. I take my RX to Toyota for service (Cheaper and still the same company). So if you have a Toyota nearby then the Service is not a big deal. Let me know and I will drop you the name of the sales guy. How about BayRidge Lexus ?
Old 06-09-03, 01:11 PM
JAS300
Driver School Candidate

Thanks

I'll go to Rallye this weekend to see what kind of deal it is. I'll also conside Bay Ridge. BTW, how much discount can we get for RX330?
Old 06-09-03, 02:01 PM
JAS300
Driver School Candidate

Oh.... cmstahl,Ray Catena Lexus in Larchmont, NY. I was think the one in NJ. Could you email or PM the name of the salesman? Thanks a lot
Old 06-09-03, 02:31 PM
JAS300
Driver School Candidate

Oh.... cmstahl,Ray Catena Lexus in Larchmont, NY. I was think the one in NJ. Could you email or PM the name of the salesman? Thanks a lot
Old 06-09-03, 05:11 PM
NYU02
Driver School Candidate

JAS300,
I got 2 rx300's from rallye motors on LI. I got a 2000 rx and a 2002rx. I must say there dealership is par excellent. The people there are wonderful and the deals are pretty good. I just got an sc430 but i got it from Lexus of Masseppequa only because I went to rallye and trust me I wish I bought it there and I was trading an older car I had and Messeppequa gave me a better deal on my trade in but as far as the price of my sc430 went they matched each other deals.so..............

If your just going to get a car I highly reccomend rallye. When I got my sc430 last week from Masseqequa They did a horrible! horrible! horrible! job prepping the car not to mention there were a couple scratches in the leather. They are fixing it but when both my Rx300's from Rallye were perfect and I love them. THey are redoing the dealership now I was just there yesterday. You build a good relationship with the people there.

I had the pleasure of driving the new rx330 and I was blown away. Test drive it if u didn't already you are sure to love it. But if your going from a car like the 328 get the sc430 haha I love it I drive all the time for no reason. Its the best...Anyway enjoy your car search!
Old 06-10-03, 08:33 PM
TheLexMan
Driver School Candidate

I put a deposit on the RX330 with NAV with Rallye, and that was Feb 14th. Since then, they never gave me a definite delivery date. Up until 2 weeks (around end of May) when I couldn't wait on them any longer. So I took my deposit back and I'm now dealing with Bob Ciasulli, NJ. Not sure how good they are but they promised me with 2nd week of July. I guess if you're not looking for NAV you wouldn't have my problem. Rallye is not bad, they actually give you one time free maintenance per year. But their prices are not the best deals out there.

Hope that was helpful
Old 06-11-03, 10:55 AM
leolexus
Driver School Candidate

My girlfriend purchased her pre-owned 97 ES 300 from Rallye Lexus last year. We worked with Hy (sorry, I remember his last name). Great guy. Great dealership. They gave us a great deal, gave us many extras and certified the car (to certify a car that is four years old was pretty nice). We liked dealing with Hy so much, we recommended our landlords to him. Hy sold them a 2002 RX. They too had a very good experience and were well taken care of. Good luck.
Old 06-11-03, 05:31 PM
NYU02
Driver School Candidate

Leolex,
I also know Hy and I delt with him aswell. He is a great guy and I also recommend him to everyone. He gave a great deal and is an all around great guy. I enjoyed rallye for my two RX300 and I wish I got my sc430 from them. The way rallye takes care of your car can't be beat.
Old 06-15-03, 11:33 AM
CAmsRX3
Driver

Talking

RAY CATENA - OakHurst.. NJ
Awsome Dealership and they have lots of free food and some cool Virtual Golf game to play while you wait for your service..
Old 06-18-03, 09:15 PM
KK95
Driver School Candidate

Lexus of Smithtown is another great dealer. A little further from Rallye though.

Warning: Do not go near Rallye BMW or Mercedes-Benz... you'll be sorry!