RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

How long did you wait for your new dashboard?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-17, 05:50 PM
chrisp
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had emailed my dealer and Lexus Customer Service back in August and got a canned response from both. "You're on the list"," we have noted it in your file" yada, yada, yada. So, I emailed them both again last night, haven't heard from my dealer yet but got this response from Lexus Customer Service.
"Thank you for contacting Lexus Customer Satisfaction. Your feedback is important to Lexus and we value the opportunity to address your concern.

We sincerely apologize for the delay with the replacement dashboard for your Lexus vehicle.
Since the announcement of the Customer Support Program, we have been diligently making preparations for the parts replacement phase of this program. Due to the size and complexity of dashboard manufacturing, as well as the volume of the vehicles subject to the program, we are launching the part replacement portion of this program in several phases. Despite our increased production levels of these parts, it is difficult to predict demand and where parts need to be shipped to support the program. Due to these factors there still may be a period of time customers will need to wait before part replacement can be performed.

Please make sure to have your vehicle inspected and added to the wait list for the dashboard replacement at your local Lexus dealership. As long as you are on the wait list at your local Lexus dealer by May 31, 2017, you will still receive a replacement dashboard.

Please know, your dissatisfaction has been documented at Lexus National Headquarters. We apologize for any inconvenience this information may cause you.

If you require further assistance, please respond to this email, or contact Lexus Customer Satisfaction at 1-800-255-3987, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., or Saturday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Eastern Standard Time."

I really believe that they are pushing this out as slow as possible in the hopes that we will all just go away by either giving up or getting rid of the vehicle. Granted, It's not a safety issue - I have 3 other cars waiting for new airbags. But, every time I drive it and have to look at the dash, it just drives me nuts.

Chris
Old 01-26-17, 06:03 AM
RedGemini
Pole Position

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

I'm on the fence as to weather I should even waste my time contacting my dealer. It's well over an hour away, and I do not have time to make a trip there just for the dash to be inspected. I sent an email. I'm not holding my breath.
Old 01-26-17, 09:05 AM
mandyfig

Received 408 Likes on 359 Posts

They (the dealer) have to see it and then they can file the claim and you will be assigned a number, unfortunately no 2 ways about it.
Old 01-26-17, 01:23 PM
gptgirl
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been waiting for 1 year and 7 months. I am now #15 on the list. There is no telling how long that can take. I bought an LX a year ago and have debated if I should go ahead and sell the RX or keep waiting it out. I never thought I'd be waiting this long.
Old 01-27-17, 04:58 AM
RedGemini
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mandyfig
They (the dealer) have to see it and then they can file the claim and you will be assigned a number, unfortunately no 2 ways about it.
I got a reply from the dealer. They said I can email pictures, and gave a list of what pictures are needed. She said the last replacement took 8-9 months, but it seems the supply is starting to get a little better. I'm going to try to get the pictures emailed in the next couple of days. I'll let everyone know how I make out.

This is the email I got:

"Good afternoon.

Normally the procedure for this replacement is to have you set up an appointment with us and we take photos to send to Lexus and order the parts.

I had asked the service manager if it were okay if you were to send us the photos to save time, he said that would be fine however he requests to take photos of the following: the VIN number, picture of the vehicle as well as the plate, a picture of the melting/sticking/cracked part of your dashboard, and a picture of your odometer. A photo with the odometer and dashboard together would be preferred.

Once we have the photos, we’ll order the parts and we’ll contact you when the parts come in. Keep in mind the last one we ordered and just arrived the other day with a 8-9month waiting period for the part. We anticipate the waiting time to be less, but it may be several months until the dashboard may come in.

Thanks!"
Old 01-27-17, 01:53 PM
sel1005
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

3 years now and counting. What a POS company Lexus has become!

I called registered the issue. Was told no problem, you are in line.

Called every 6 months or so over and over and over. The May 31 extension is coming up now, so I called the dealer and was told unless I brought the vehicle in so THEY could take pics of the dash, I was really NEVER in line!!

So I drove 300 miles today to get to the dealer and home, they took pics and told me I was in line. Yeah, right. Also said they have not had an RX dash in 11 months, so call the national number and complain if I wanted to.

My 4th, and FINAL Lexus. Once its fixed, its gone and we will never buy Lexus again.

Had the same thing on my 4Runner, took 3 years to get that changed out, but we are done with Lexus Toyota and their current generation of non-customer service management.
Old 01-27-17, 02:28 PM
smassey321
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

I emailed Lexus about this. Our RX will be 12 years old in May and the warranty will end. They told me, as long as I am on the waiting list, I will be covered. We moved in July 2015 and had to start a new waiting list in the new town. When Lexus announced this warranty, they were trying to rebuild the company reputation. My guess is they are done rebuilding and throttling out the parts slowly could save them a ton of money. What is odd, is all the Toyota people I know got this done already.
Old 01-27-17, 03:31 PM
jer
Instructor

Received 89 Likes on 67 Posts

Checked with my dealership today, I am now #364 out of over 1300. moving about 20-30 month. I had planned on getting another new Lexus as the '04 is going to a family member, but I am waiting for this issue to be taken care of. In the past year that I have been waiting the dash went from a few cracks to where the bottom of the dash is now nothing more than the yellow foam underneath.
Old 01-28-17, 04:46 AM
nwfsnake
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile

Almost 14 months! We contacted dealer around Xmas of 2015 about replacement, he put us on the list and told us it would be about Aug 2016. Just got the call last week, and have it scheduled for Feb 14!

Update: Took the RX in and they finally replaced the dash on Feb 14, 2017. It showed on the service ticket that we went on the list on Dec 29, 2015. Took a long while, but it looks good. Hope it lasts another 10 years!

Last edited by nwfsnake; 02-15-17 at 03:04 AM. Reason: Update!
Old 01-29-17, 10:43 AM
Dallasguy1
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts

Had mine replaced in 4 months by park place in Plano. Excellent customer service.
Old 01-29-17, 01:58 PM
chrisp
Driver School Candidate

Dallasguy1,
When did you have your dash replaced?
Who is your service advisor there? That is where I purchased the RX, and take both of my RX and GX for service. And, as you stated, have had nothing but excellent customer service from them. That is why I have bought into the repeated refrain of it is going to be awhile.
Now, I am wondering if it is just my service advisor not following through or if they are truly that backlogged.
Old 01-29-17, 03:03 PM
Dallasguy1
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisp
Dallasguy1,
When did you have your dash replaced?
Who is your service advisor there? That is where I purchased the RX, and take both of my RX and GX for service. And, as you stated, have had nothing but excellent customer service from them. That is why I have bought into the repeated refrain of it is going to be awhile.
Now, I am wondering if it is just my service advisor not following through or if they are truly that backlogged.
I emailed pictures to one the guys in service dept in Dec 2015 and got it installed in April 2016. You should give a call and talk to a different SA then your usual and ask them status of your dash this way ull know that ur even in the list or not at all. Cas I'm reading that people called after years to find out they were not on the list.
Old 01-29-17, 10:10 PM
Alpinam3
Rookie

2 weeks with a loaner . 1 day install.
Old 02-05-17, 01:48 PM
jer
Instructor

Received 89 Likes on 67 Posts

Just curious, has anyone attempted to trade in their Lexus prior to getting the dash replaced? IF so, did they deduct value for the trade-in? My dealership is part of Autonation, and if we go a different route than Lexus- a possibility- I figured if we went to an Autonation dealership they could consider the fact that the vehicle is on the list for a new dash. also a possibility of selling to a family member, just want to make sure the dash issue is solved....
Old 02-06-17, 04:42 AM
RedGemini
Pole Position

You'd have to talk to the dealer. Depending on the miles and condition, the dealer may just wholesale it anyway.

Quick Reply: How long did you wait for your new dashboard?