RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

FYI: Lexus Battery warranty

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-12, 04:39 PM
1koolfella
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by loradora
(1koolfella - The one on 46 in Little Falls.)
lol. Tri County Lexus. That's where I had my battery replaced at. ( '09 Rx 350) I don't think I'll be going back to them, I like the Englewood dealership better Bridgewater is nice also but far.

So far I've been to Tri County, Bridgewater, Englewood. Haven't made it to Edison or Whippany on Route 10 yet.
Old 10-03-12, 04:54 PM
DreamCarRX
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Few months back I purchased a 08 RX 350. I noticed the battery doesn't hold charge and itz time to replace the battery. It is around 5 years old, so I am out of basic warranty.

I found Exide battery at BJ's Wholesale store, which costs $80 and around 30 bucks for installation.

* Is this battery good/reliable?
* Is the price resonable (roughly $110+ tax)?
* Any other suggestion for batteries?
Old 10-03-12, 05:22 PM
Rainbird

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by DreamCarRX
Few months back I purchased a 08 RX 350. I noticed the battery doesn't hold charge and itz time to replace the battery. It is around 5 years old, so I am out of basic warranty.

I found Exide battery at BJ's Wholesale store, which costs $80 and around 30 bucks for installation.

Welcome to Club Lexus.

Almost all car batteries are made by 3 manufacturers. Delphi, Exide and Johnson Controls. They are sold under various brand names (i.e. Diehard, Everstart, Kirkland, Motorcraft, Napa, etc). I don't think you need to worry about the battery you had installed. The price of the battery is reasonable. The installation cost is not reasonable. How long to replace a battery 5 minutes tops.

You should register at the Lexus Owner's website. The complete Lexus service history of your vehicle will be there as well as any warranty work or recalls. You will need the VIN to complete the registration.

https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrivers/home

Be sure to avail yourself of the "Search" function on this website. Almost any question you have will most likely been previously answered.
Old 10-03-12, 06:30 PM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

See if you have any Firestone Complete Auto Care in your area and get a quote on an Interstate:

http://www.interstatebatteries.com/c...ance+++800+CCA

Last edited by RX330inFL; 10-03-12 at 07:44 PM.
Old 10-04-12, 03:29 PM
mandyfig

Received 412 Likes on 363 Posts

Costco installs battery for free, everybody does it for free. BJ $30? No way. Got to Autozone or your local BM auto store, they install for free.
Old 10-06-12, 12:50 PM
1koolfella
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you can change a 9 volt battery from a smoke detector, then you can change a 12 volt batter from an Rx. Only real difference is size.

I don't mean to over simplify how easy it is, but it's not difficult at all. You have to match the size of the battery that you're removing from your current vehicle and if you live in a cold climate, the CCA (cold cranking amps) maybe of some concern to you. Also not to reverse the positive and negative wires, but it's color coded.

Like the other poster mentioned, shop around. Sam's Club, BJ's, Pep Boys, Advanced Auto Parts even Walmart carry car batteries.

Keep in mind you will have to reset your settings once you change your battery. Also there are some items in your navigation system that will be lost and you may have to reset your location.
Old 10-06-12, 09:14 PM
DreamCarRX
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RX330inFL
See if you have any Firestone Complete Auto Care in your area and get a quote on an Interstate:
Yes, I have Firestone close by and they charge $110 for 800 CCA Mega-Tron Plus battery plus tax and $15 for installation. (72-Month Performance Warranty and 30-Month Free Replacement)

Originally Posted by mandyfig
Costco installs battery for free, everybody does it for free. BJ $30? No way. Got to Autozone or your local BM auto store, they install for free.
BJ's doesn't install batteries... instead it is done by Monro Muffler. It seems all tire, battery etc are sold by BJs but installation by Monro and they gave a quote of 30 bucks for installation.
Old 10-07-12, 09:06 AM
DreamCarRX
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Rainbird
Welcome to Club Lexus.

Almost all car batteries are made by 3 manufacturers. Delphi, Exide and Johnson Controls. They are sold under various brand names (i.e. Diehard, Everstart, Kirkland, Motorcraft, Napa, etc). I don't think you need to worry about the battery you had installed. The price of the battery is reasonable. The installation cost is not reasonable. How long to replace a battery 5 minutes tops.

You should register at the Lexus Owner's website. The complete Lexus service history of your vehicle will be there as well as any warranty work or recalls. You will need the VIN to complete the registration.

https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrivers/home

Be sure to avail yourself of the "Search" function on this website. Almost any question you have will most likely been previously answered.
Thank You!

I did register and I was able to see the service records. Unfortunately the battery has not been replaced and it is still running with the original battery.
Old 04-12-17, 10:45 PM
LexusJay1
Driver School Candidate

is the 84 month lexus battery warranty transferable if the car is sold? Thanks!
Old 04-13-17, 03:21 AM
05RX330AWD
Advanced

Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusJay1
is the 84 month lexus battery warranty transferable if the car is sold? Thanks!
You would have a stronger case if you have the original invoice for the battery, if nothing is written as "non transferable" Lexus should honor the warranty.
Old 04-13-17, 01:14 PM
mandyfig

Received 412 Likes on 363 Posts

A friend of mine's battery died, he took it to Lexus and they honored the warranty. The Lexus battery had a date stamp and it was still under warranty. Nice.
Old 04-14-17, 09:18 PM
DennisMik
Racer

Received 286 Likes on 248 Posts

According to the service history on mylexus.com, the battery in my 07 RX has been replaced 4 times, in 2009, 2012, 2014 and 2015. This doesn't speak well for the quality of the batteries used. It also tells my that I am about due for a new battery.
Old 04-14-17, 10:04 PM
BlackLexRX
Lead Lap

Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by DennisMik
According to the service history on mylexus.com, the battery in my 07 RX has been replaced 4 times, in 2009, 2012, 2014 and 2015. This doesn't speak well for the quality of the batteries used. It also tells my that I am about due for a new battery.
Mine too, an 07, 75k, 4th battery. These RXs eat batteries. My wife drives ours mostly getting our son to and from school and I just cringe sometimes when she pulls into the garage. She'll turn the ignition off then start closing windows, grabs things from the back and always uses auto door, on and on, lol.
Old 04-15-17, 09:32 AM
edwardh11
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackLexRX
Mine too, an 07, 75k, 4th battery. These RXs eat batteries. My wife drives ours mostly getting our son to and from school and I just cringe sometimes when she pulls into the garage. She'll turn the ignition off then start closing windows, grabs things from the back and always uses auto door, on and on, lol.
odd, are the cables or grounds too small? and do the Toyota models have the same problem? my 04 toy highlander v6 is on 2nd battery at 140,000 miles
Old 04-15-17, 09:43 AM
BlackLexRX
Lead Lap

Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by edwardh11
odd, are the cables or grounds too small? and do the Toyota models have the same problem? my 04 toy highlander v6 is on 2nd battery at 140,000 miles
Not sure, but you may be onto something. Battery performance (OE one) since I've bought it is good and strong though. When I first opened the hood during purchase, I noticed tons of corrosion on the terminals and across the upper support brace that holds battery. That was my first DIY on this vehicle. I unhooked battery, cleaned terminals, supports, and surrounding area (just covered in effervescence); then repainted all the metal there with black appliance epoxy. Since then, no visible corrosion or problems but I will continue to keep a close eye on it.

Quick Reply: FYI: Lexus Battery warranty