RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Please help with first Lexus

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-12, 04:07 AM
sammcc
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help with first Lexus

Hi

My mom has just brought a '04 RX330 Used (in Australia) and is still getting used to it...

I was wondering if this model has Lexus Personalized Settings, such as, when she holds unlock, the windows open, but not the moonroof.

Is there a way to turn off 2 stage unlock without going to the dealer again?

And, is it possible to have to tailgate open with power when she presses the button on the gate it self instead of having to lift it..

- Also, the moonroof was being really weird, so I 'normalised' it, and it seems to work ok now, it auto opens, but not auto closes. Is that normal?

Thanks a heap.
Sam
Old 01-25-12, 05:24 AM
jfelbab

Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Welcome to the forum Sam.

Most of your questions have been asked a dozen times here and you can usually find answers more quickly by using the search function rather than wait for a forum response but here you go.

If you have the manual the initializations are in it. Typically if the battery is removed, or replaced, these initializations will need to be reapplied.

For the moonroof, push and hold the tilt button. The roof will tilt open, closed, the roof will slide open and slide closed. Now release the button and the initialization is done. The moonroof might now open with the keyfob.

For the rear gate. manually open and close it and it should be initialized. If the gate doesn't open and close by itself after that something may be broken.

Your windows may also need reinitialization. At each window push and hold the open button and let the glass open and close and release the button to initialize.

The personalized settings need to be done by the dealer I believe. At least I've found no way to change them by myself. You could try introducing yourself to the service manager at your dealership and ask him if he would make the change as new-owner goodwill.

I believe you can sign on as an owner at the Lexus website and you can get access to vehicle service records and an owners manual if yours is missing.

Again, welcome to the forum.

Last edited by jfelbab; 01-25-12 at 05:27 AM.
Old 01-25-12, 06:54 AM
lexus114
Lexus Champion

Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

Another one here that doesnt like the two click for unlock! Best move I made was having that changed to one click for unlock. And dissabeling the steering wheel going up/down when entering/exiting the vehicle. I did have to take it to my dealer for those settings to be changed.

Last edited by lexus114; 01-25-12 at 06:59 AM.
Old 01-25-12, 08:14 AM
draco
Lexus Test Driver

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by lexus114
And dissabeling the steering wheel going up/down when entering/exiting the vehicle.
Urgh! Why would you? It is such a handy feature. I love it. One of many reasons why enjoy Lexus vehicles. It is just so..........convenient.............. would never turn it off.

SAMCC - What month is your mum's 04? If it is early 04 then there is not a lot of options that can be changed at all (the Perth dealers showed me what could be done, but not a lot). If it's a late 04 then it will most likely have the updated NAV unit with bluetooth integrated and a lot more options that the dealer can configure. Wish I had the updated NAV screen in my car (the original screen is so ............. bland).
Old 01-25-12, 08:21 AM
lexus114
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by draco
Urgh! Why would you? It is such a handy feature. I love it. One of many reasons why enjoy Lexus vehicles. It is just so..........convenient.............. would never turn it off.

SAMCC - What month is your mum's 04? If it is early 04 then there is not a lot of options that can be changed at all (the Perth dealers showed me what could be done, but not a lot). If it's a late 04 then it will most likely have the updated NAV unit with bluetooth integrated and a lot more options that the dealer can configure. Wish I had the updated NAV screen in my car (the original screen is so ............. bland).

draco, It`s a feature I`m just not comfortable with. I like it much better stationary. Now if I was 300lbs. that might be different.
Old 01-25-12, 08:33 AM
Carver
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Moving steering wheel, after the first five times I don't believe I've ever noticed it again!
Old 01-25-12, 08:40 AM
lexus114
Lexus Champion

Jeez guy`s....its just my opinion! I dont like the damn thing moving around! And I dont have to worry about it starting to make noise/function properly later on down the years.

Last edited by lexus114; 01-25-12 at 08:46 AM.
Old 01-25-12, 10:21 AM
Carver
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Did not mean to give offense, just one of my inconsequential, add nothing to the subject, posts!
Old 01-25-12, 10:40 AM
lexus114
Lexus Champion

none taken carver. Your a good fellor! (sorry I came off that way) my bad on that one. I should have not used the good ole..... "!" I guess.

Last edited by lexus114; 01-25-12 at 10:58 AM.
Old 01-25-12, 12:46 PM
MC5Wes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Steering Wheel

If you dont want the steering wheel to move. Place your settings while the steering wheel is in the all the way forward and up position.

That way when you enter the car. It wont move.
Old 01-25-12, 03:29 PM
sammcc
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by draco

It was made in '03, what features can be changed then?
Old 01-25-12, 04:42 PM
draco
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sammcc
Not sure if your Mum's is a sports luxury or just sports. The sports luxury has the Nav and Mark Levinson stereo in it.

This url is for the RX350 personalised settings http://www.lexus.com/pdf/service/RX350_LPS.pdf

From this list, the 03 built RX330's (released in the US in 04) have the following features that can be programmed (couple not sure of)

* Unlocking the driver’s door/all passenger doors
* Flashing of signal light
* Unlocking of doors when placing vehicle into park (I think)
* Locking of doors when shifting from park into another range (I think)
* Using the remote key to open all windows
* Using the remote key to open moonroof
* Using the remote key to slide/tilt moonroof (not sure about this one)
* Illumination of the cabin light (standard is set not sure if it can be changed further)
* Sensitivity of automatic headlight (no where near as much adjustment as the RX350. Very minor)
* Auto tilt away of the steering wheel (apparently)
* Automatic recirculation of air when using A/C (this just looks to be standard)
* One motion power back door (not sure if any options can be changed as per that PDF).

Hope that helps. However it is best to talk with someone who can access these personalised settings for the car. Lexus is of course the first port of call and hopefully they won't charge you for a one off (I think it's about $80).

Surely someone must have a way to access these settings without needing to go to Lexus with a specific tool to adjust them.
Old 01-25-12, 04:51 PM
draco
Lexus Test Driver

Also check out this thread that I posted a while back on reducing the volume of the rear door beeping when opened. I am glad that I did this as it is so much quieter than the standard volume. At least that allows you to modify the volume without having to go through the personalised settings

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...e-in-half.html
Old 01-25-12, 04:55 PM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by sammcc
There are no Lexus Personalized Settings for the 2004. That did not start until 2005 model for the RX.

Much of the rest of your questions were answered above or can be answered by reading the "Keys and Doors" section of your Owner's Manual -- section 1 titled INSTRUMENTS AND CONTROLS.

Those items mentioned in the Owner's Manual for the 2004 that indicate they can be changed were pretty much limited to needing the dealership to make that happen. One of the downsides of Lexus ownership. Even if you have a newer model you only get one crack at making the changes you want and only within a limited amount of time. You cannot make many of the changes yourself and after the first set of changes it is a charge item.
Old 01-25-12, 06:41 PM
draco
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RX330inFL
There are no Lexus Personalized Settings for the 2004. That did not start until 2005 model for the RX.
That statement is wrong. There are some personalised settings for the 03/04 RX330 model. There are not a lot of settings, but there are some that can be done.

Quick Reply: Please help with first Lexus