RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Low Tire pressure warning light still on after reset

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-16, 03:26 AM
mandyfig

Received 408 Likes on 359 Posts

Old post.

However always try to unplug the battery for a hard re-set. I might do the job.
Old 06-14-16, 11:25 AM
Jeri
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Tire pressure light

well, the very next day my light came back on. I did learn a few new things. If you reset the button under the glove box (should be in "out" position) you have to then reset the other ones under the steering wheel again. Sometimes you have to do a few times. My light finally went out again after I reset both a few times then shut the car car off resetting one more time. My light is out for now. Good luck. The difference between us though is that all of my sensors detected to be good. The other thing I read is that if you replace the caps on your tire valve stems you have to replace them with correct ones for your car or it can cause your pressure light to go on. Hope this helps.
The following users liked this post:
skihawaii6 (08-01-18)
Old 11-15-16, 03:19 PM
jslex10
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have 2007 rx 350
the pressure warning indicator is not going out after resetting.
all four tire is even 30 pound and push reset button blink three times.
not going out that light yet.
any one could help me. .
Old 11-16-16, 03:03 AM
RedGemini
Pole Position

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

You may want to look for a tire shop with a TPMS tester. You could have a sensor with a weak or dead battery, as they're nearing 10 years old. If you're told you need a sensor, or more than one, try to get a second opinion with pricing as well. Some shops can really try to gouge you on prices for the sensors. Install pricing usually isn't too bad.
Old 11-16-16, 12:10 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by jslex10
I have 2007 rx 350
the pressure warning indicator is not going out after resetting.
all four tire is even 30 pound and push reset button blink three times.
not going out that light yet.
any one could help me. .
Check your spare tire pressure...
Old 11-20-16, 10:43 AM
Nelli
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MC5Wes
My RX is a 2007. And ive driven a few second generation RXs. And all of them have the buttons.

Depending on the options you have installed. It is way up underneath the steering wheel. If you are sitting in the drivers seat. You cant see them. And might not be able to feel them.

When I reset mine. I have the door open and my elbow on the floor mat. Just to make sure I am pressing the right one.
I have rx 350 2010 and I don't have those bottons
Old 11-20-16, 01:38 PM
DennisMik
Racer

Received 286 Likes on 248 Posts

According to the 2010 RX350 owners manual, page 483, you do. and just like on our 2nd gens, they are on the bottom of the dash, just to the right of the steering column

Here is the link with photo - http://drivers.lexus.com/t3Portal/do...f/OM48B58U.pdf
Old 11-20-16, 02:08 PM
Nelli
Driver School Candidate

Thabk u very much Dennis
Old 11-21-16, 03:13 PM
SG0045918
Driver School Candidate

Just trying to source the root cause of my Tire pressure sensor light problem as well....and thanks to a great sense of 'helping a friend'.....this site is awesome....thanks to everyone who contributes to it's success...happy holidays everyone....cheers!!
Old 12-08-16, 09:15 PM
fisherman5
Driver School Candidate

Default fisherman5

I installed 5 TP sensors for our RX 350, went to Lexus, they said i needed the SR # of the sensors. DARN. So i went to Les Swab, they used their sensor trainer tool and trained all 5 sensors for $22 plus tax. So if you replace your sensors go to Les Swab and save a bunch of money. Lexus wanted $220 and needed the serial #.
Old 12-24-16, 07:02 AM
illa
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kickin8
Check your spare tire pressure...
Thank you, kickin8
Wouldn't even think that spare one could cause a problem.
Old 01-22-17, 09:50 AM
RemiUSA
Driver School Candidate

Smile Thanks

Originally Posted by MC5Wes
Here is the button under the dash.
Thanks a Lot. This button cleared low tire pressure warning at Lexus RX400h 2007
Old 11-16-18, 03:02 PM
1921A
Driver School Candidate

Hi Everyone,
A big thank you to everyone on this Forum. My tire pressure warning light came on a couple of days ago after a cold snap. I checked the air pressure in my tires and everything was fine. I added a couple of pounds of air to each tire and tried to reset the sensors. The light would not reset. A quick trip to this Forum told me to check the spare tire. Sure enough, the original spare tire was 23psi. I filled it to 35psi and the warning light went off. Success!!!

I have a 2008 RX350 with only 116,000 miles. I am the second owner. It is in excellent condition with a lot of options. This is the first time I had to lower the spare. It is an easy job once you know how. However, since it was very cold today, not a pleasant job. I bet there are a lot of Lexus owners that have never lowered their spare tire. This may be something you want to do in the summer months when it is not an emergency. I have the upgraded wheels. That beautiful Lexus wheel and 10 year old Michelin tire were very dirty. I look forward to cleaning it up sometime next summer.

I do wonder how safe that 10 year Michelin tire would be to drive on?

Thanks again!
Old 11-16-18, 10:39 PM
DennisMik
Racer

Received 286 Likes on 248 Posts

It is probably OK to use. Inspect the sidewall for cracking, an indication that the rubber is hardening. If you can see cracking, don't use it.

An additional tidbit of information: tires that are 10 years old are not supposed to be repaired, balanced or whatever. I found this out last month while I was on vacation and had a flat tire. I put the spare on and it shook the car, so when I had the original tire repaired, I asked to get the spare balanced. My spare is 9 years old and I was told about the 10 year thing.
Old 11-17-18, 07:07 PM
1921A
Driver School Candidate

DennisMik,
Thank you for the tire information. I will examine my 10 year old spare when the weather turns warm.

Today, I had a 75 mile trip and on the way the low pressure warning light came on again. There was no indication I had a low pressure tire(s) by driving and since I was almost at my destination, I continued on - but paying very close attention to how the RX 350 acted. Upon arrival, I checked the tires and all appeared good. I restarted the Lexus and the warning light did not come on. Interesting. Later that afternoon I drove home. Again, no warning light when I started the RX 350. However, the warning light did flash briefly on the way home but went out. Again, I checked the tires at home and everything was fine. Now I wonder what tomorrow will bring

Quick Reply: Low Tire pressure warning light still on after reset