RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Mouse in my glove box!

Old 07-29-11, 05:44 AM
MerlinT
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by redrocks
Where's a cat when you need one!
Yeah: what a pus*y!
Old 07-29-11, 05:56 AM
kwbuggy
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe you should consider starting a class action lawsuit against Lexus for making the cars too comfortable so that mice want to live in them! This would make about as much sense as those people on the Edmunds site who want to start a class action suit against Lexus because the transmissions are wearing out on some ten to thirteen year old first generation RXs.
Old 07-29-11, 06:26 AM
rxbunny13
Driver School Candidate

Smile

UPDATE:
My mouse friend, the one who lived in my car, the car I paid for; ate the sunflower seeds carefully out of the peanut butter, which was placed on the traditional Victor Mouse Trap. The three traps did not go off. How sly he was, and what a mess he had made; but how sly am I to set two sticky mouse traps in the glove box, one at each end of the toilet paper roll, the roll he couldn't resist.... And I got him.

Of course the downside of the sticky trap is that you find your pest very much alive. I'm sure he suffered through the night stuck in peanut butter scented muck. I carefully pulled him out from my glove box and shot him dead with my single shot 22 rifle.
Old 07-29-11, 06:27 AM
rxbunny13
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kwbuggy
Maybe you should consider starting a class action lawsuit against Lexus for making the cars too comfortable so that mice want to live in them! This would make about as much sense as those people on the Edmunds site who want to start a class action suit against Lexus because the transmissions are wearing out on some ten to thirteen year old first generation RXs.
LMAO! No kidding...
Old 07-29-11, 06:35 AM
redrocks
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rxbunny13
UPDATE:
My mouse friend, the one who lived in my car, the car I paid for; ate the sunflower seeds carefully out of the peanut butter, which was placed on the traditional Victor Mouse Trap. The three traps did not go off. How sly he was, and what a mess he had made; but how sly am I to set two sticky mouse traps in the glove box, one at each end of the toilet paper roll, the roll he couldn't resist.... And I got him.

Of course the downside of the sticky trap is that you find your pest very much alive. I'm sure he suffered through the night stuck in peanut butter scented muck. I carefully pulled him out from my glove box and shot him dead with my single shot 22 rifle.
Hooray! The mouse is dead!
Old 07-29-11, 06:41 AM
rxbunny13
Driver School Candidate

I'm quite relieved myself. Everything still seems to work electronically, so I don't think he got into the wires. I think my husband was quite impressed when I pulled out the rifle and shot him dead. LOL.
Old 07-29-11, 07:18 AM
redrocks
Lexus Test Driver

I'm quite relieved myself. Everything still seems to work electronically, so I don't think he got into the wires. I think my husband was quite impressed when I pulled out the rifle and shot him dead. LOL.
Now you have a great RX story/history!
Old 07-29-11, 07:21 AM
Carver
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

How horrible, you should have driven him deep into the Canadian woods and released him to fulfill his true purpose which is to become owl poop.
Old 07-29-11, 07:35 AM
rxbunny13
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Carver
How horrible, you should have driven him deep into the Canadian woods and released him to fulfill his true purpose which is to become owl poop.
OMG! LMAO. Geez, I didn't think of that. I guess I should think more about owls and less about myself. LOL!
Old 07-29-11, 07:48 AM
redrocks
Lexus Test Driver

LOL! Owl poop! Circle of Life
Old 07-29-11, 07:53 AM
Carver
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Indeed, there are hungry owl babies somewhere in Canada tonight!

Old 07-29-11, 07:54 AM
1koolfella
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad to have read that you got it. How big was the mouse/rat?
I'm so glad that you didn't post pictures up I HATE mice.

At first thought shooting it, I thought was a bit extreme but the mice in NYC will chew their own leg off to get out of a glue trap. These critters will eat anything.
Old 07-29-11, 07:56 AM
rxbunny13
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 1koolfella
Glad to have read that you got it. How big was the mouse/rat?
I'm so glad that you didn't post pictures up I HATE mice.

At first thought shooting it, I thought was a bit extreme but the mice in NYC will chew their own leg off to get out of a glue trap. These critters will eat anything.
I couldn't let the mouse just sit on the sticky trap and starve to death, however long that would have taken. So I just decided to shoot it. At least he didn't suffer long.
Old 07-29-11, 07:57 AM
rxbunny13
Driver School Candidate

I couldn't let the mouse just sit on the sticky trap and starve to death, however long that would have taken. So I just decided to shoot it. At least he didn't suffer long.
And the mouse was huge. I decided not to post a pic. He was gross. At least his last days were spent living in luxury. LOL!
Old 07-29-11, 08:04 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Careful, PETA might catch wind of this.

Glad it worked out for you.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mouse in my glove box!