RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

2006 RX330 aftermarket stereo question

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-11, 10:46 AM
bidani
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@Carver
With Axxess Universal product are you able to use the DISPLAY switch on the steering?
Old 06-29-11, 12:08 PM
Carver
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by bidani
@Carver
With Axxess Universal product are you able to use the DISPLAY switch on the steering?
Not sure what you mean by "Display". The Axxess cycles through the various functions of the Kenwood using the Mode button and then you can use the up/down, etc to control that mode.

Unfortunately, it cycles through all the available functions to get to the one you want. It would be great if you could program it to only cycle through the ones you use.
Old 06-29-11, 12:13 PM
bidani
Driver School Candidate

@Carver
On my 2006 RX 400H, there is a DISPLAY switch which controls the display in the speedometer, It cycles through display like odometer, outside temperature etc...
Old 06-30-11, 11:15 AM
BeatSonic
Sponsor

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Carver
Eric, thanks for making the effort to resolve the issues with the adapters. My car was plain jane base stereo and the only thing I lost was the steering wheel control as indicated by your product description and the Axxess Universal returned all SW functions.

The people at Car Toys were impressed with the fit, finish and functioning of your kit.

Thank you for your positive feedback on our adapter kit! I am happy that it worked out well for you!
Old 06-30-11, 11:28 AM
BeatSonic
Sponsor

Originally Posted by bidani
@Carver
On my 2006 RX 400H, there is a DISPLAY switch which controls the display in the speedometer, It cycles through display like odometer, outside temperature etc...
Actually, all our RX adapter kits comes with the harness that retains the DISPLAY button function on the steering wheel. It is the connector with the ground at the other end.

You can check it out on our website.
Old 08-05-11, 03:41 PM
ER77
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmm, Very Interesting...
I've been trying to add a sub as well as an AUX and XM radio, and after checking out the VAIS products, i'd be looking at like $500, so if i pull my head unit 06' ML and Drop in the Beatsonic with a new head unit (looking like Pioneer P3300bt) I can use existing ML amp for highs and mids and use pioneers extra rca outs for the extra amp to power the sub, then put the ML HU on ebay for a few bucks and will be spending less then the VAIS AND have DVD/BT/AUX/2 extra RCA/XM/HD Radio and better EQ if you can call ML's an EQ!
This is defenately the solution for me.

If anyone has any drawbacks, please advise. I don't have rear entertainment, just ML with Nav.

Thanks!
Old 08-17-11, 02:58 PM
ER77
Driver School Candidate

So can anyone direct me to an installer with experience with the Beat-sonic unit?
I sent Beat-sonic a message through their website a week ago and no reply.
I'm in the Los Angeles, CA area. Thanks.
Old 08-22-11, 08:22 AM
BeatSonic
Sponsor

Dear ER77,

Please check the following dealer list under California for a local stereo shop near you: http://www.beatsonicusa.com/dealers/

Please let us know if you have additional questions!

http://www.beatsonicusa.com/
Old 08-29-11, 09:08 AM
ER77
Driver School Candidate

BeatSonic,
Thanks. I did receive your PM message as well.
Really appriciate it!
Old 09-07-11, 11:36 AM
cherishzm
Pit Crew

Hello Guys,

I've just bought a 05 RX330, No Navi or upgraded stereo. I'd like to consider a BeatSonic installation kit later, but for now what'd be the best option to have iPod/iPhone and Aux port both hooked up to the factory stereo?
Old 09-09-11, 06:08 AM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BeatSonic
Dear ER77,

Please check the following dealer list under California for a local stereo shop near you: http://www.beatsonicusa.com/dealers/

Please let us know if you have additional questions!
I do have a question. I just purchased a new DD Navi Kenwood system. SO I need your product. I have the Navi w/handsfree BT etc. etc. but no ML system. I see two versions of your kit with Navi at very different prices.

Only difference seems to be one comes with a Use 12pin stereo connector and the other with Both a 12pin and 20 pin stereo connector and of course the price. What one should I get??
Old 09-09-11, 09:13 AM
BeatSonic
Sponsor

Originally Posted by infinirx
I do have a question. I just purchased a new DD Navi Kenwood system. SO I need your product. I have the Navi w/handsfree BT etc. etc. but no ML system. I see two versions of your kit with Navi at very different prices.

Only difference seems to be one comes with a Use 12pin stereo connector and the other with Both a 12pin and 20 pin stereo connector and of course the price. What one should I get??
Dear Infinirx, thank you for your inquiry.

Please specify for me the year model of your Lexus RX. Once I know the year model, I will be able to recommend the correct beat-sonic kit for your vehicle.

Thanks!

http://www.beatsonicusa.com/
Old 09-09-11, 11:40 AM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Please specify for me the year model of your Lexus RX. Once I know the year model, I will be able to recommend the correct beat-sonic kit for your vehicle.

Thanks!
2005 Lexus RX 330 w/Navi w/handsfree BT and voice command. etc. but no ML system.

Kenwood DNX-9980HD

PM me: Is this Erick or Sam. I am friends with Rodney from Clazzio. I met one of you I beleive at the Nisei show not too long ago.

PS: Thanks! Glad to have that ordered!! See you guys Saturday at the show!

Last edited by infinirx; 09-09-11 at 02:06 PM.
Old 11-12-12, 09:58 PM
initiald15
Driver School Candidate

Default navi control???

Originally Posted by MC5Wes
This is what mine looked like for one day.
To whom it may concern,

Hello! My name is Andy and I hope you will be able to help me rather if you may or may not still own the Lexus. I currently own a 2004 Lexus RX330 with Mark Levinson stereo and factory OEM navi just like yours in the picture. (DVD player for the navi system had been broken a long time so no use) Long story short! I recently had been force to put in an aftermarket stereo because I lose the ability to change the volume from both the stereo **** and the steering wheel. There is no sound at all coming from the speaker. The volume number goes not go up or go down from the screen. So I went an install an aftermarket stereo and purchase the harness that was meant to be use for connecting with the amp. Still no sound. Then come to realized the amp had also been burned. So I was planning on bypassing the amp and just connect the speakers to the stereo system. But was going to do it on another day so I just put the factory stereo back inside the vehicle for now without plugging it in. Then I notice all the buttons below the navi system such as clock, climate, display, info... etc. The respond each time when I press them are slow. And I completely lost the climate control on the side and on the screen. Once I connect the factory stereo back to the car and up and running. with no sound still, everything else work back to normal. Is there something that enabling me to run the stuff up top when I unplugged my stereoe system? Or is there another type of harness that I should purchase in order for me be able to use an aftermarket stereo and not effect the stuff up top?

thank you
Old 11-12-12, 09:58 PM
initiald15
Driver School Candidate

Thanks!
To whom it may concern,

Hello! My name is Andy and I hope you will be able to help me rather if you may or may not still own the Lexus. I currently own a 2004 Lexus RX330 with Mark Levinson stereo and factory OEM navi just like yours in the picture. (DVD player for the navi system had been broken a long time so no use) Long story short! I recently had been force to put in an aftermarket stereo because I lose the ability to change the volume from both the stereo **** and the steering wheel. There is no sound at all coming from the speaker. The volume number goes not go up or go down from the screen. So I went an install an aftermarket stereo and purchase the harness that was meant to be use for connecting with the amp. Still no sound. Then come to realized the amp had also been burned. So I was planning on bypassing the amp and just connect the speakers to the stereo system. But was going to do it on another day so I just put the factory stereo back inside the vehicle for now without plugging it in. Then I notice all the buttons below the navi system such as clock, climate, display, info... etc. The respond each time when I press them are slow. And I completely lost the climate control on the side and on the screen. Once I connect the factory stereo back to the car and up and running. with no sound still, everything else work back to normal. Is there something that enabling me to run the stuff up top when I unplugged my stereoe system? Or is there another type of harness that I should purchase in order for me be able to use an aftermarket stereo and not effect the stuff up top?

thank you

Quick Reply: 2006 RX330 aftermarket stereo question