RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Dealer service

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-08, 05:43 AM
bluebeauty
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer service

What kind of service do you get at your Lexus dealership? Does anyone read the comments you put on the emailed questionnaire Lexus sends after you have had your car serviced at a Lexus dealership?
Old 08-08-08, 05:59 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Lexus takes the customer survey pretty seriously. Many owners have complained about Lexus dealer service in OK, I think there is only 1 dealer there right?
Old 08-08-08, 06:27 AM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

While not inexpensive, I have nothing bad to say about my Lexus dealership's service. They always ask me if I want a free loaner, even when I just bring it in for routine maintenance. They always provide me with a new model year of the same vehicle I am driving. The service is always done correctly and promptly. The service advisor is courteous and professional. Their lounge area serves gourmet coffee and snacks, along with a well stocked fridge with soda, and juices. They also have a wide screen HDTV, all the current newspapers WIFI, plus a few computer cubicles for when you want to be productive.

I've never had service of any kind performed where the dealership failed to call me and to ask if the process was performed well and asked for any suggestions on how it could be improved. They want my response to the Lexus survey to say that I am completely satisfied. It's clear that they get an incentive based on that survey so yes, I'm sure that any comments are read and taken to heart.
Old 08-08-08, 06:47 AM
RolxuSC400
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was the Customer Relations Manager at a highline dealer (Mercedes, Audi, Porsche etc etc) and trust me the results are VERY important. The service advisors and therefore the service managers bonuses and performance rating is based on these. The sales peoples commisions are based on these too for the sales side on the delivery report. Also, the dealers place in the region is also important alot of incentives and perks. I ran all these reports and if a negative response is received we are to call them for the rationale for the report and how to resolve it. We also called all the service WO's that were warranty work for the day to nip any issues in the bud so a negative survey wouldnt be reported.
Old 08-08-08, 08:53 AM
bluebeauty
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by The G Man
Lexus takes the customer survey pretty seriously. Many owners have complained about Lexus dealer service in OK, I think there is only 1 dealer there right?
Eskridge Lexus in Oklahoma City is the only one within 100+ miles. There is another dealership in Tulsa and several in the Dallas area, which is aabout 200miles away. So Eskridge Lexus isn't the only dealer in the state; they just act like it.
Old 08-08-08, 09:03 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

All I can say is to keep complaining to Lexus HQ and give your dealer bad reviews, sooner or later, Lexus will take notice.
Old 08-08-08, 10:23 AM
bluebeauty
Driver School Candidate

How do I complain to the Lexus HQ? All I get as a follow-up, other than the online questionnaire, is a letter from the dealer saying I am to consider that my follow-up. And you're right; there are many others who are unhappy with the dealer. Even the Hibdon tire man, where I got my new tires, said he hears more complaints about the Lexus dealership than all the others.

It didn't used to be like that. So I wondered just what other dealers do to or for customers who briing their cars in for service. I did get a loaner, but they made me pay $10 for gas in advance. I probably used less than $2.50 of it and would have preferred to refill the car myself.

There was also a question about "pick up service." What is that? Is that where, as the customer from CA told me in the waiting area, they bring you a loaner and pick up your car for service and then return your car all fixed and clean?

My complaints were't about little stuff like that (more like keeping my car 3 days until the warranty ran out to fix a tail light, for one), but I just wondered. I don't really care about WiFi or tv's or snacks and coffee.
Old 08-08-08, 10:53 AM
RolxuSC400
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Theres a tab on their homepage to contact them. You have at least 3 choices I have seen there; 1) call them 2)email them or 3) chat. All these are on that page I am sure the use of one of them or all of them should yield some result.
Old 08-08-08, 06:16 PM
catdaddylo
Intermediate

Received 106 Likes on 72 Posts

I have owned many brands of automobiles and I will have to say that Lexus is the best as for as how they they treat their customers. Expensive, yes but no more than Ford who's customer waiting room is pitiful compared to the Lexus dealer.
Old 08-10-08, 12:23 AM
AM1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my local dealer has a nice waiting area now, gives you free sodas,water,coffee, etc. they usually also give me whatever loaner i want including the gs or is, which they hold for me. the only thing i care about is getting a free loaner, since they also dont care if i bring it back full or not.