RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Not So Great News

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-08, 03:58 PM
Lil4X
Out of Warranty

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Junkxus, you seem to have more issues than answers. If you spent 2% of the time you spend on this forum with your constant complaints, talking with your dealer to work out your real or imagined problems, you would either be satisfied or be driving that Bimmer and complaining on their forums. Either way we all win.

If you are going to make scurrilous accusations about Lexus quality issues and dealer service, we expect to see documentation. "My service writer told me . . ." just doesn't cut it. If you are having difficulties with your dealer, consult either Lexus Corp or your attorney. While you are there, ask him to explain libel law to you.
Old 06-12-08, 04:55 PM
Junkxus
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well short of scanning the Quality graphs he showed me, how would you like me to prove it. Two new RX350 in less than a year. I spend more time at the dealer than most of their employees, and probably more time at the dealer than the Junkxus employees that built the car. If the car was great I would post it. My car is not as advertised, so I posted it. Why do you have a problem with that. I was happy when they gave me the second RX, but now that car is failing as well. I do belong to both the BMW and Benz forums and they are not overly sensitive to problems that are posted by members. We view those posts as helpful to members. Members should have as much info as possible. One more thing, What about Toyota oil sludge issues, truck bed recalls, etc. (all quality problems). My attorney has been involved from the start of major issues with the first Lexus and is still involved. I spoke with Lexus HQ at 3:21 PM today and my case file is still open. I have requested that a chassis engineer meet with me and review all my db and defect data on both my RX cars and compare that with the Lexus Spec. If Lexus works to a 3 standard deviation statistical scale, then 1 out of 1000 cars could have this level of issues! But two would dictate many more will fail. We also discussed trying a different dealer for a full exam. No answer as of yet. The info must be correct if you are so upset with my post. Do you work for Lexus? If you do or do not what about posting some helpful ideas vs slamming me for a poorly built $46K auto. If the issues can not be sorted out soon, I will trade it for a real luxury car not a relabeled economy brand. I am not looking to insult anyone, just looking for ideas or some moral support with the major issues I have been faced with.
Old 06-12-08, 06:51 PM
catdaddylo
Intermediate

Received 106 Likes on 72 Posts

Junk, sounds like it is inevitable that you are going to dump your Lexus with all the issues you have had with it. Keep us posted on the beating you are going to take in the trade for a "real luxury" car. I wish you well but with todays gas prices and the end is not in sight according to the economist for another year, I am afraid you are going to loose a lot of money in the trade. I think I would have cut my loses on the first RX and not wasted any time or money in hiring a lawyer. Good luck.

PS Although you do not want to insult the Lexus owners on this forum you are not doing your self any favors by stating that your RX is just a relabled economy brand. If you thought that why did you even consider the Lexus brand?

Last edited by catdaddylo; 06-12-08 at 07:01 PM.
Old 06-12-08, 07:17 PM
Lil4X
Out of Warranty

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Junkxus
Well short of scanning the Quality graphs he showed me, how would you like me to prove it. . . . I am not looking to insult anyone, just looking for ideas or some moral support with the major issues I have been faced with.
Yes, if you are going to make these kinds of accusations, you need to furnish PROOF. I don't believe anyone has been insulted here, otherwise you would not still be posting. The fact that you are speaks volumes about the leeway the moderator team has been giving you for the last several months.

Your very choice of SN indicates you came to these forums with a chip on your shoulder. We are a community of Lexus owners and enthusiasts - but even we have questions and problems with our individual cars. I'm afraid that you've carried "problems" to a whole new level by making constant accusations against the entire brand. OK, you're frustrated, we understand. If you had an issue, you certainly could have couched it in better terms.

If you will search your posts, you will discover at least 80% of them center on your opinion of Lexus' alleged miserable quality. That's OK, we encourage people who have problems to work them out. The problem is that you stopped working the problem and BECAME the problem several months ago. At this point, you've destroyed your credibility with catty remarks rather than supported your case with clear evidence. Nobody's listening anymore.

That's all.
Old 06-13-08, 05:49 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

I will trade it for a real luxury car not a relabeled economy brand.
Thats a real good idea Junkxus, you should trade in your RX for a BMW X3, same price range, and experience what a real luxury car is
Old 06-13-08, 06:17 AM
harleydjce
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will trade it for a real luxury car not a relabeled economy brand. I am not looking to insult anyone, just looking for ideas or some moral support with the major issues I have been faced with.
Everyone, if Junkxus is having issues with his vehicle as he describes, he is entitled to his opinion. Having re-read all his posts in this thread, it is clear to me that, regardless of what anyone says, he will only be happy with a "real luxury car". What is a "real luxury car"? No one ever answers this question but in Junxus case, based on his existing vehicles and comments, if it's not European (German in particular), deep down he doesn't believe it's a "real luxury car" and will never be satisfied with Lexus no matter what occurs or doesn't occur.

This is a real medical condition called "EuroBadgeSnobItis" and affects numerous people and makes them become prepared to pay huge sums of money for vehicles that have German badges on them notwithstanding that those vehicles are sold as Taxi's in their own countries.

Seriously though, Junkxus, if you are not happy with the vehicle (and it sounds like you never will be), you are clearly better off trading it in on something you will be happy with.

I am happy to confess that I suffer from a similar medical condition called "NoBMWItis". I contracted this by owning a POS BMW 3 Series that continually "failed to proceed". I may as well have simply purchased a taxi I spent so much time in one because my 3 series was always at the Dealer after it continually left me stranded on the side of the road. I will never have another BMW product again.

If anyone thinks that German vehicles are actually made in Germany with German parts, think again. Most are made elsewhere (South Africa for example) and use a number of Japanese parts such as Aisin gearboxes. Ask Porsche where they source their gearboxes from.
Old 06-13-08, 07:37 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Just to be fair, I think right now BMW quality is on the raise and Lexus quality is on the decline. I too had a 3 series 15 years ago and have never gone back to a BMW after many issues that went un-resolved by the dealer. BMW is making some pretty nice cars now, but still ugly design . Their SUV line on the other hand is low quality for the price.
Old 06-13-08, 08:16 AM
SCRXOwner
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile

I think the good news and the bad news is always good to hear. I was excited to hear that JunkxUs got a brand new 2008 RX350 after repairable issues with his first 2008. Of course I understand that the frustration is with spending too much time at the dealership and not enough time enjoying your Lexus. I just purchased a left over new 2008 RX350 for two reasons. 1) My wife's 2004 SC430 has been rock solid. 2) My Jeep stayed in the shop all the time.

So if I was on a Jeep forum I would be JunkJeep I am sure. For me the SC430 has been rock solid and the RX350 has been super so far.

I think JunkxUs has every right to post as long as it does not get personal towards him or towards anyone else.

Again when JunkxUs got a new 2008 RX350 - I thought that was exceptional Lexus service. I am sure it took a lot to get that replacement RX but would BMW, MB offered that replacement car?

If I run into issues with the RX or SC I am sure I will post the bad along with the good I have experienced so far.

Let's keep it non-personal.

Last edited by SCRXOwner; 06-13-08 at 08:20 AM.
Old 06-13-08, 10:01 AM
ecount00
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by harleydjce

Seriously though, Junkxus, if you are not happy with the vehicle (and it sounds like you never will be), you are clearly better off trading it in on something you will be happy with.
agreed. you'll be happy, Lexus dealers within 1000 miles of you will be happy, we'll be happy. give it up. and you have our vote for unluckiest Lexus buyer ever.
Old 06-13-08, 10:53 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Sounds like a win win situation for everyone
Old 06-13-08, 10:55 AM
xfirechief
Lexus Test Driver

Some people will complain all the time but still love the car.
Like the guy that complained he didn't get a free desert with his free dinner. Just never happy.
Old 06-13-08, 11:15 AM
harleydjce
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by The G Man
Just to be fair, I think right now BMW quality is on the raise and Lexus quality is on the decline.
Have seen no evidence of that whatsoever and this isn't borne out by JD Power Quality Surveys etc as well. I have had 1 issue with 3 Lexii in 9 years. Having said that, all Aussie Lexus are Japanese built.

BMW is making some pretty nice cars now, but still ugly design
Agree. Chris Bangle has a lot to answer for. BMW's are nice to drive, look better if you are inside them looking out but you just can't trust them.........

Their SUV line on the other hand is low quality for the price.
The latest generation South Carolina X5 is hideous as well (previous model was OK looks wise) and quality has never been high.

Originally Posted by SCRXOwner
I think JunkxUs has every right to post as long as it does not get personal towards him or towards anyone else.
Agree. Lexus owners need to be prepared to hear criticism of the Marque based on individual experiences however if there is a clear bias towards other Marques this should be declared by the Poster.

In this instance, Junkxus has a clear preference for Euro brands (consciously or subconsciously) and will never be happy with a non Euro brand. Both he (and we) need to accept this and move on.

Originally Posted by SCRXOwner
Again when JunkxUs got a new 2008 RX350 - I thought that was exceptional Lexus service. I am sure it took a lot to get that replacement RX but would BMW, MB offered that replacement car?
It was exceptional service. There would be a snowball's chance of anything similar from BMW or MB
Old 06-13-08, 12:51 PM
SCRXOwner
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks harleydjce for the comments. You helped clarify my thoughts. I know on the Corvette Forum when someone raved about Porshe and trashed Corvettes we would call that poster a mole.

Last edited by SCRXOwner; 06-13-08 at 04:29 PM.
Old 06-13-08, 03:12 PM
Crexus
Driver School Candidate

Just a troll, not much to look at, keep moving...
Old 06-13-08, 05:59 PM
LexFather

Lexus never said they were perfect. They have never scored 9 with defects. They do have problems. There are some Lexus that for whatever reason, can be/maybe a lemon. It happens, it is a machine.

Lexus does have by FAR the highest reputation for quality (even with some recent declines in some cars) and dealership service. They are always in the top 3.

Will every customer be happy? No!!!

There are some dealerships I refuse to go to. There are some I live by. I've never had a PERFECT Lexus. Even with a creak here or something needs replacing early there, OVERALL I am 100% satisfied.

Quick Reply: Not So Great News