RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Best price for a loaded new RX350?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-08, 02:57 PM
rukna
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best price for a loaded new RX350?

First time poster here, so take it easy I'm thinking of surprising my wife with a RX350 on her birthday this month. I've been doing my due diligence for the past couple of weeks, and the more I read about it, the more I'm sure that this is the car I would like to get for her (the other option is a MB C300, for what it's worth). I'd *really* like to get your opinion on how much to pay for a brand new 09 model RX? Basically, I need an AWD because of where I live. Navigation+Mark Lev would be *real* nice to have but not a must-have.

That being said, would you guys mind sharing how much you paid for your brand new RX and where best (dealership, state) to buy one from? Money is kind of a constraint here. I think I could get a stripped down RX with AWD brand new for 38K where I live. Is that a decent price? I know I could do a lot better than that!

I'm hoping your reply would help others who are in the same situation as me. Any advise/pointers would be greatly appreciated!
Old 04-14-08, 03:29 PM
sstalwar
Driver School Candidate

Default Fully loaded 09 rx350

I bought from dealer in Sarasota, FL.
It is going to be special order. Pebble beach Truffle/Ivory AWD,VN,EY,PT,FT,DH,TO,Heated front seats with RS,Mat,Wheel lock. Total priced at $43163 +TTL. Total Out of pocket after $1500 tradein of my used car came out $44863.98 (OTD). I think I got a decent deal and happy with my choices.
Old 04-14-08, 04:29 PM
ZIN
Driver

Talking

Originally Posted by rukna
First time poster here, so take it easy I'm thinking of surprising my wife with a RX350 on her birthday this month. I've been doing my due diligence for the past couple of weeks, and the more I read about it, the more I'm sure that this is the car I would like to get for her (the other option is a MB C300, for what it's worth). I'd *really* like to get your opinion on how much to pay for a brand new 09 model RX? Basically, I need an AWD because of where I live. Navigation+Mark Lev would be *real* nice to have but not a must-have.

That being said, would you guys mind sharing how much you paid for your brand new RX and where best (dealership, state) to buy one from? Money is kind of a constraint here. I think I could get a stripped down RX with AWD brand new for 38K where I live. Is that a decent price? I know I could do a lot better than that!

I'm hoping your reply would help others who are in the same situation as me. Any advise/pointers would be greatly appreciated!
Do a search myself and others have put all this information down already.
Old 04-15-08, 06:37 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Are you going to put a big bow on it like the Lexus commerical?

Seriously, just go to the Edmunds site and find the invoice price and add about $600 for the Lexus advertising fee and thats the price you should shoot for for a 09. Good Luck
Old 04-15-08, 12:58 PM
rukna
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the reply, you guys! I'm trying to see if I could find me a 08 model so I could get the car at a better bargain. I understand that the value of the 08 model would go down a couple of Gs by the time the car leaves the lot, but my thought is that my wife will run the car until it dies, so resale value is not much of an importance here.

The problem is that it's hard to find these 08 models around. You guys know any place that has them in stock?

Thanks again!
Old 04-15-08, 05:13 PM
AM1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

id go under invoice. car is up for remodel next year. and the design is already 6 years old.
Old 04-16-08, 10:05 AM
rukna
Driver School Candidate

Found a dealer in the west coast with 3 new 08s (!). 2 are loaded with extra after-factory upgrades. 1 is base + premium pkg, but no navi and bluetooth.

I might just go with the third option and get a 3rd party navi from Garmin. As far as bluetooth, I'm not sure what options are there to have it *integrated* into the car audio system, but my guess is that the total cost of both wont be more than a grand.
Old 04-16-08, 10:43 AM
lfteeglfr
Driver School Candidate

Go through costco auto buying program. I got mine $1000 below invoice.
Old 04-16-08, 01:02 PM
cornelia
Driver School Candidate

yes because the 08's had 2500 dealer cash on them.
Old 04-16-08, 01:03 PM
cornelia
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rukna
Thanks for the reply, you guys! I'm trying to see if I could find me a 08 model so I could get the car at a better bargain. I understand that the value of the 08 model would go down a couple of Gs by the time the car leaves the lot, but my thought is that my wife will run the car until it dies, so resale value is not much of an importance here.

The problem is that it's hard to find these 08 models around. You guys know any place that has them in stock?

Thanks again!
get a front wheel and save 1200.0
Old 04-16-08, 01:37 PM
xfirechief
Lexus Test Driver

Default Costco

Has anyone used the Costco buyers service? Was wondering if you can really save $$$ using it.
Also, when will the 09's be out? Was going to wait for the new model.
I understand that the new design for the RX won't be out till then fall of 09??
Old 04-17-08, 07:02 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

My experience is that Costco buyer service give get you a good price, but you can almost always do better with a lot of leg work. The point of the Costco buyer service is that you get a good price without any work.
Old 04-17-08, 11:50 AM
AM1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do your own work or better yet have the dealer show you the printout, with the true cost of the car shown. then go from there. i dont see why you can get 2-3K under invoice at this point and time.
Old 04-17-08, 05:25 PM
ecount00
Lexus Test Driver

stir all this together, come up with a price you feel ok about without feeling like to have to get it to the lowest possible dollar and let your wife enjoy the car. and if you are a buy and hold guy, be sure to get the color and addons you want. you won't do it again any time soon. you should be able to at least get invoice + ad fee and anything material under that is gravy. up for remodel or not, it's early in the 09 season and those are popular cars. if you hold out for $2k+ below invoice, you may need to think of something else to get your honey. my 2 cents. and happy to be proven wrong. hope it works out for you.