RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

2009 Rx

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-07, 12:08 PM
SpicyMikey
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RXSF
I dont think they should be a 7 seater...most families dont need it.

as for using the camry platform, i think i read somewhere that it will NOT share the same platform, and it doesnt make sense either.

i expect to see:
HDD nav with xm navtraffic
smart access
PCS/radar cruise
heating and cooled front seats, rear seats as package

please dont let it be made in Canada
I hope you're right about the radar cruise. I won't buy a car anymore without it since I got exposed to it on my 04 Toyota Sienna. Have it on my 07 Acura RL (along with collision mitigation) now and want to replace my Sienna with an SUV that has similar features. There's really no good options out there for SUV's with keyless start and adaptive cruise, unless you go with the ridiculously overpriced MB GL450. Equiped with those features (and others that come along for the ride), you're talking about $75k. That should be illegal!

As far as seating for 7. I want that. I have three kids. They need to be seated without making bodily contact. It's a must have, otherwise you keep hearing the dreaded "will you stop touching me!!!" every 5 minutes during a trip.

Last edited by SpicyMikey; 07-30-07 at 12:15 PM.
Old 07-30-07, 12:13 PM
Sal Collaziano
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Booyah
They cost 50K now loaded--SO I would expect a little more
I think the price is getting a little out of hand, then. I know it's a premium luxury brand vehicle - but $55k for an RX is just ridiculous.

However, not nearly as over-priced as the new Mercedes S-Class. I'd actually feel stupid buying that car. Standard, it's boring and nothing special. For the price of one fully loaded, I could buy a house and rent it out for $1000.00 a month. Things are getting a little stupid.
Old 07-30-07, 12:13 PM
Sal Collaziano
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
That pic is a horribly done photoshop, so it won't look like that.
The untrained eye is a funny old fella.
Old 07-30-07, 12:33 PM
SpicyMikey
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Sal Collaziano
I think the price is getting a little out of hand, then. I know it's a premium luxury brand vehicle - but $55k for an RX is just ridiculous.

However, not nearly as over-priced as the new Mercedes S-Class. I'd actually feel stupid buying that car. Standard, it's boring and nothing special. For the price of one fully loaded, I could buy a house and rent it out for $1000.00 a month. Things are getting a little stupid.
Totally agree with your comment on mb's Sal. I usually like the styling on them, but I doubt there will ever be one in my driveway. Ridiculously overpriced, poor reliability, etc. My sister in law bought an S 2 years ago. She's had it in the shop 4 times already. I was in it last week and noticed the molding near the window was separating. What a piece of junk. How long can MB ride this reputation. They haven't built a good car in 20 years!
Old 07-30-07, 12:46 PM
Orzel
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmm, that photoshoped picture - someone's IS is missing a nose! Somehow I don't think that's the new and improved RX.
Old 07-30-07, 12:49 PM
Sal Collaziano
Lexus Test Driver

Well.. Mercedes is losing that red-headed step-child reputation. And for the most part, they're vehicles are very high in quality. I'm sure every car has it's own special characteristics. Even so, the price is just ridiculous.

I think the RX350 needs to top out at around $45k.. What next? $65k for a fully loaded RX? I've lost my appetite for Mercedes because of their blatantly arrogant over-pricing. If this is happening to me, than it's surely happening to others. And it can surely happen to Lexus too...

If people are going to continue to spend this much money on cars that REALLY aren't all that price-worthy, Ferrari and Lamborghini might as well start building big luxury sedans. Why not?
Old 07-30-07, 04:06 PM
xfirechief
Lexus Test Driver

If the price goes that high will have to check out a Mercedes SUV. Saw one in the showroom the other day with a sticker of about 56K.
Think its a great vehicle too. Will have to check it out if the RX goes for 50K.
Old 07-30-07, 11:12 PM
Booyah
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Personally, the RX needs to stay under 50K--or they will lose alot of sales
Old 07-31-07, 08:36 AM
RXSF

Received 72 Likes on 43 Posts

yeh...but keep in mind that the american dollar isnt worth the same as it did in the past. If youve read articles that just came out a few days ago about the 2008 model prices for the Lexus cars, notice most of them go through a 200-400 dollar increase. Part of that has to do with inflation and how the value of the dollar keeps dropping.

So add in a new design and new features, i really do expect to see 50K as being mid to high featured.

My RX said 48K on the sticker, and with tax etc, it was 51K or something. And that wasnt even for the top of the line. It was for an AWD RX330 with the performance package and navi. thats it!, no mark levinson, no dvd player (tho i went aftermarket).

so to sum up, expect to see 53K for a mid to high priced one.
Old 07-31-07, 08:48 AM
Sal Collaziano
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RXSF
yeh...but keep in mind that the american dollar isnt worth the same as it did in the past. If youve read articles that just came out a few days ago about the 2008 model prices for the Lexus cars, notice most of them go through a 200-400 dollar increase. Part of that has to do with inflation and how the value of the dollar keeps dropping.

So add in a new design and new features, i really do expect to see 50K as being mid to high featured.

My RX said 48K on the sticker, and with tax etc, it was 51K or something. And that wasnt even for the top of the line. It was for an AWD RX330 with the performance package and navi. thats it!, no mark levinson, no dvd player (tho i went aftermarket).

so to sum up, expect to see 53K for a mid to high priced one.
I have a feeling Lexus' goal is to be THE most expensive brand in the world. Then Lexus owners can be considered the most arrogant and more intelligent people will walk back into Mercedes dealerships again...

Lexus has really been amazing these first 19 years. I predict this to be the beginning of the end of that run. It will no longer be considered "the smarter buy" when a Lexus costs just as much as a Mercedes.
Old 07-31-07, 01:49 PM
xfirechief
Lexus Test Driver

So good-by Lexus , Hello MBenz I guess if the prices are were u guys are saying.
Old 07-31-07, 02:02 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I think we're still a ways off from Lexus pricing going into Mercedes territory. By average prices paid for luxury cars, Lexus ranks midpack.
Old 07-31-07, 02:05 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 124 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by mandyfig
Our company is bidding on the new Audio Faceplate for the 09 RX's. It it were not for confidentiality, I would show you what they look like....at least we can see how the Audio Center stack will look like....we also quoted the 08 Acura TL Audio Center stack for Panasonic. Interesting new designs...
so how does it look like? tell us more...
Old 07-31-07, 03:59 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 124 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by mandyfig
Our company is bidding on the new Audio Faceplate for the 09 RX's. It it were not for confidentiality, I would show you what they look like....at least we can see how the Audio Center stack will look like....we also quoted the 08 Acura TL Audio Center stack for Panasonic. Interesting new designs...
p.s. anyone knows for sure when is new RX coming out?
Old 07-31-07, 04:30 PM
cantsleepnk
Driver

http://www.worldcarfans.com/6070731....ule-spy-photos

Quick Reply: 2009 Rx