RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Pricing for the RX350

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-06, 10:54 PM
Nostics_RX
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations!! The RX350 was just an update to the RX330 particularly the engine size not a full redesign. RX is not due for redesign for another couple of years if I recall correctly.
Old 06-12-06, 05:14 PM
SilverLady
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by neverest
I did not get the vehicle below cost based on the KBB invoice. The invoice of my vehicle, described below, is $40,770.00 according to KBB:

RX350 AWD with following options:
PT Premium Plus Pkg
TO Towing Prep Pkg
C1 Cargo Mat (PIO)
NV Navigation System, DVD-Based Voice Activated
HS Seats, Heated Front
WL Wheel Locks (PIO)

MSRP is $46,583.00, Edmunds TMV (which seems VERY off) for MA is $46,440.

Based on Edmunds forums and other assorted data I gathered, people were picking up this same car for as low as $41,200 out on the west coast, but most are going between $41,500 to $42,500 out in the northeast. $41,700 isn't an exceptional deal, and people can certainly do better, but I wasn't willing to drive down to NJ to do a deal to save a couple hundred bucks.

What made me jump on the deal was how aggressive the lease money factor and residual is right now. A comparable deal on the MDX would have a lower MF, but also a much lower residual (51% vs 57%). Overall I think I did well enough.
It sounds like you made out well! May I ask where in NJ you were able to get a better deal?
Old 06-12-06, 08:12 PM
neverest
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SilverLady
It sounds like you made out well! May I ask where in NJ you were able to get a better deal?
Prestige Lexus. I believe Warnock (which is closer to where my parents live) could have matched the deal if I pushed them to. Both dealerships were excellent to deal with and had I lived there now, I would have been happy to do a deal with either of them.

Also, I've read reports of people getting equivalent deals at Ray Catena as well.
Old 06-13-06, 07:24 AM
Battousai
Driver School Candidate

ray catena gave me a quote for 41,240 fully loaded with nav, ask for the internet manager for this price. don't associate with the sales people.
Old 06-13-06, 02:49 PM
USLEX
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

When I negotiate, I don't talk about MSRP at all. All I want to know is what they are asking for above invoice. This leads me to a question for any of you guys.

Have any of you been charged TDA (Toyota Dealer Advertising)? KBB does not account for this in their pricing so I get a lower invoice than what they are showing me. I had them fax over their invoice on the vehicle I was negotiating on.

Crystal White RX350 FWD
PT Premium Plus
TO Towing Prep
NV Nav
C1 Cargo Mat
WL Wheel Locks
FT 18" Wheels
HH Heated Front Seats with headlamp washers and Rain-sensing wipers
Old 06-14-06, 02:27 PM
peter5999
Driver School Candidate

Default price of MY RX 350

Originally Posted by joedaddy1
I am close to pulling the trigger on this car...

Can you guys tell me what you've been paying for them? (how much over invoice)

thanks..
Unfortunately I lived in Vancouver BC, I have tried my best to get a little bit promotion for my RX 350 with Prieum Package, only $1800 below the MRSP.
Anybody have the pricing experience in Canada OR BC.
Old 06-14-06, 02:31 PM
peter5999
Driver School Candidate

Default Price

Originally Posted by Edison_Chen
I paid full MSRP on the RX350 here in Vancouver, BC - no discounts

Only got a good trade in deal + free hood deflector
I lived in Vancouver, just got 1800 below the MSRP, delived in July , a fully japanese product. But still thinking I can get more.
Old 06-14-06, 02:45 PM
peter5999
Driver School Candidate

Default The Price Of Rx350

Anybody here know the budget price in Vancouver BC, I just bought the RX350 WITH PP, but only get the $1800 below the MSRP.
THANKS
Old 06-15-06, 08:00 PM
neverest
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 2003LS430
When I negotiate, I don't talk about MSRP at all. All I want to know is what they are asking for above invoice. This leads me to a question for any of you guys.

Have any of you been charged TDA (Toyota Dealer Advertising)? KBB does not account for this in their pricing so I get a lower invoice than what they are showing me. I had them fax over their invoice on the vehicle I was negotiating on.

Crystal White RX350 FWD
PT Premium Plus
TO Towing Prep
NV Nav
C1 Cargo Mat
WL Wheel Locks
FT 18" Wheels
HH Heated Front Seats with headlamp washers and Rain-sensing wipers
See, my opinion on TDA or anything similar and comparable with other manufacturer is that since it is a charge often billed to the dealership, it is fair game to call it part of the invoice. I have never asked to see the dealer invoice at the dealership mostly because I do the research myself and go by the numbers I got on the internet. I'm not interested in getting the deal that is X dollars over/under invoice, but what I am able to do relative to what others are getting. Edmunds' TMV is often a decent gauge of that, although that's way off here in this case. So that leads me to going through some message boards, asking around, and doing general research.

If I have an understanding of a figure that I would need to hit, and generally I'll put an offer out there that's lower than that price. It will then be up to the dealer to match it or counter - I'll put the number around a few different dealers and see what each of them come up with. Then I'll go to the nearest dealer (preferably a large one) and counter with my lowest offer for them to beat. Oftentimes that'll get me a deal that beats the street price of the car in my area. In this case, I got the deal that was only slightly better than what most people got, but in return I established a relationship with this dealer, so I saw it as reasonable tradeoff.

Is the invoice price important? Absolutely. But TDA or not, 99% of the times, you can only do about as well as what others are getting the car for, so in that sense, it's not critical to have this figure down to the exact dollar. If you're not comfortable with that, obviously you have the option to walk away as a consumer. But I think it's important to know the relative cost of the vehicle in the area, and working from that figure. That may be at invoice, $2,000 over, or even at MSRP, depending on how popular the car is. But I've always played my game that way, and came out on the good side almost all the time.

edit: the invoice figure that I got from Prestige, through the Costco program, included TDA.
Old 06-15-06, 08:06 PM
b1gredek
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the way i see it,, no matter what invoice is,, as long as i am getting the vehicle at the best price possible is,, than i am happy,,, if i cross shop five dealers,,, and none of them can touch the price than one offered me,, i consider that a good deal,, especially when you get the colors,, options exactly how you want it,,, i paid full msrp for my m3 back in 03,, never complained about it,, cause everybody else was too,, or even higher....
Old 06-16-06, 01:40 PM
ivanpetrov
Driver School Candidate

Why is Lexus already offering special lease rates on the 350? Not only that, they actually print the lease terms on the website, which I've never seen before.
Old 06-16-06, 02:40 PM
barry_s
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ivanpetrov
Why is Lexus already offering special lease rates on the 350? Not only that, they actually print the lease terms on the website, which I've never seen before.
My guess is that they have a few more RX350's than they want but don't want to offer cash rebates. I actually got an even better lease rate by negotiating.
Old 06-24-06, 08:31 PM
crapz1
Driver School Candidate

Just picked up my RX. Straight from the port with a whole 6 miles on it.

07 RX 350 FWD
Millennium Silver Metallic with Black Leather
Navigation
Premium Plus Package
Heated Front Seats and Rain Sensing Wipers
18 in. Alloy Wheels

MSRP $45023.
Invoice $39878
Paid $38878 + tax, title, and license.

Did plenty of research. Compared Carsdirect, Costco Auto Program, and finally got 2 dealers working with me. Glad to join the RX family! I'm loving this car so far.

Last edited by crapz1; 06-25-06 at 12:10 AM.
Old 06-25-06, 08:32 AM
bextreme1
Driver School Candidate

Leased mine for $492 with Premium plus and NAV. 3 years, nothing down 12,000 miles per year.
Old 06-25-06, 12:26 PM
barry_s
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bextreme1
Leased mine for $492 with Premium plus and NAV. 3 years, nothing down 12,000 miles per year.
Good deal. I got the same option pkgs and the lease is $497/mth

Quick Reply: Pricing for the RX350