RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

Driver window stuck down

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-18, 07:20 AM
wing0
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by alex2324
I had the same problem, got this one on ebay, nice price, fit so nice and fast shipping!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NAIS-CR2-12...ZZeWxx&vxp=mtr
So this is only for the relay itself and not the entire board right?
Old 02-18-18, 02:01 AM
alex2324
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wing0
Yeah just the relay. Beware if you try and buy the cheap boards on eBay they're going to need new relays anyway. Might as well just get the relays and swap them out. This guy also offers money back guarantee and installation service as well. Ships from Washington.
Here's the link again;

https://www.ebay.com/itm/18271334054...84.m1555.l2649
Old 06-06-18, 11:54 AM
skohan
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can purchase this relay (CR2-12V) from Amazon for $28.00

Amazon Amazon
Old 07-05-18, 06:56 AM
lxus2001
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did an oil and ATF change on the car
I usually drop driver window down as I drive the car onto the ramp to gauge how far I have to gas.

After the work was done, I proceeded to reverse off the ramp and put up the window. Nothing...
Tried again, it started coming up in normal speed, I thought, ok let's do a reset on it. Maybe it's acting up on the anti-pinch thing again.

Put it half way down, and tried to put it up, it went straight down and would not come back up.

I've pulled the battery to completely reset the car already and my dad(primary driver of this car) told me the window has been acting up and sometimes just wouldn't go back up after being down. I wish he told me a bit in advance...

Here are the symptoms which I hope I can get some feedback on what to do next.

When I try to put the window up or down, I hear a click from the window control module. All the other windows don't give this click noise since it is operating as it should.

I thought maybe the module is not working so I pulled it off, cleaned it a bit and tried again.
I found that the clicking is from the black box that's outlined in red.
When I press the down operation on the driver window, the courtesy light dims, but when i press up, light doesn't dim.
If i trigger the "auto" up function and release, I can hear two clicks along with a quick dim on the courtesy light.
I cannot hear or feel the click in my hand when I tried all other windows.
Does this prove I don't have a motor problem and it's switch related?

It's Sunday tomorrow, all Toyota parts stores are closed and I am still not sure if it's a motor, regulator or the module that's bad. Am I looking at pulling the door panel off and try to unscrew a few things to push the window back up?
I think this may be a common occurance, my 2001 RX has started doing something similar. The drivers side window will sometimes not roll up and sometimes while pulling up on the window controls, the window will roll down instead! However, usually I can get it to work properly after some trial and error. I am not exactly sure what you are experiencing but I hope it gets resolved soon. Fingers crossed!