RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

are GS and RX sunvisors the same?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-02, 02:42 AM
DJ SprinklesNJO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default are GS and RX sunvisors the same?

are GS sunvisors the same size and mounts as the rx? thanks
Old 10-14-02, 05:58 PM
CK1_RX3
Lead Lap

I don't know, but on a similar note regarding sunvisors, anybody find a way to remove those UGLY airbag and roll warning decals from the visor? Man, those things SUCK! Anybody help me out on that?
Maybe that's where you were going with that DJ SprinklesNJO? Maybe you wanted to replace w/ GS visors to get rid of those decals?
Old 10-14-02, 06:44 PM
DJ SprinklesNJO
Lexus Test Driver

well not exactly but that is a good idea. i hate thise stickers. i found a guy thats gonna sell me the sunvisors and rear view mirror from a gs, and im gonna put tvs in them for my rx.
Old 10-14-02, 11:09 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Originally posted by CK1_RX3
Maybe you wanted to replace w/ GS visors to get rid of those decals?
Unfortunately, GS visors also come with the ugly decals .

I've sent off a request to see if replacement visors from Lexus come automatically with the sticker or if they are clean. Look for a group buy if they come without the sticker.
Old 10-15-02, 12:39 AM
DJ SprinklesNJO
Lexus Test Driver

can u send a question to lexus asking if the two suinvisors (GS and RX) are the same, or can fit on both cars etc. maybe they are the same serial number.
Old 10-15-02, 01:44 AM
salimshah

Received 996 Likes on 900 Posts

Call Lexus dealership parts dept to see if the part number are the same. 99 RX has Homelink buttons on the driver side sun-visor and the 98 GS has the link buttons above the rear view mirror (where the sun glasses go in the RX). So they are not identical for RX & GS with homelink.

The yellow decals (as required by law .. in order to sell cars) can be peeled off. Pick a warm day or use hair dryer to gently warm the decal. Start at a corner and while supporting the fuzzy sun visor peel off the decal. Keep moving the support position (pinch action) close to the point that is being peeled and instead of pulling up, pull back (try to stay flat/parallel to the decal).

Use a cleaner like Spot Shot to remove the gummy residue. Since all of the glue is hard to remove, that portion attracts dirt. I clean it more often with spot shot soaked towel.

Salim.
Old 10-15-02, 12:15 PM
CK1_RX3
Lead Lap

Originally posted by salimshah
Call Lexus dealership parts dept to see if the part number are the same. 99 RX has Homelink buttons on the driver side sun-visor and the 98 GS has the link buttons above the rear view mirror (where the sun glasses go in the RX). So they are not identical for RX & GS with homelink.

The yellow decals (as required by law .. in order to sell cars) can be peeled off. Pick a warm day or use hair dryer to gently warm the decal. Start at a corner and while supporting the fuzzy sun visor peel off the decal. Keep moving the support position (pinch action) close to the point that is being peeled and instead of pulling up, pull back (try to stay flat/parallel to the decal).

Use a cleaner like Spot Shot to remove the gummy residue. Since all of the glue is hard to remove, that portion attracts dirt. I clean it more often with spot shot soaked towel.

Salim.
Thanks Salim - that's a valuable tip and one that I have not seen here on the forum before... I'm gonna do that tonight - I hate those d@mn stickers!