RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Opinions on BBS LM LM-R wheels

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-22, 01:10 AM
bahrcf
Pit Crew

Received 75 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Opinions on BBS LM LM-R wheels

I have a 2022 fuji edition, while i belive lexus have done a fantastic job with the oem styling im looking into some after market wheels. One option is the timeless BBS LM, i see it very popular with the BMW crowd. one objection i may have is the tons of replicas out there. Wanted to know your opinions on this wheel. and what size and bolt pattern are good for our cars, im looking at 19 inch dont want to go bigger size and mess with the dynamics if the car.
Old 11-09-22, 03:20 AM
JT2MA71

Received 1,514 Likes on 656 Posts

Originally Posted by bahrcf
I have a 2022 fuji edition, while i belive lexus have done a fantastic job with the oem styling im looking into some after market wheels. One option is the timeless BBS LM, i see it very popular with the BMW crowd. one objection i may have is the tons of replicas out there. Wanted to know your opinions on this wheel. and what size and bolt pattern are good for our cars, im looking at 19 inch dont want to go bigger size and mess with the dynamics if the car.
Post number 270 in the RC F Aftermarket Wheel Thread shows some BBS LM. They are 20" but the offsets will give you an idea of how they'd look. There's only one bolt pattern for our cars and it is 5x114.3. HTH
Old 11-09-22, 08:25 AM
MCB1970
Pit Crew

Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by bahrcf
There is a set for sale in the market place.
Old 11-09-22, 08:48 AM
bahrcf
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by MCB1970
will they fit the rcf comfortably and will it clear carbon ceramic breaks breakers fuji
Old 11-09-22, 09:13 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,421 Likes on 1,743 Posts

I believe those OEM RC TE wheels are lightweight compared to the other 3 variants on the RCF. They shave off a considerable amount of rotational inertia so why would you want to get rid of them? I personally am not a fan of black wheels, but the unsprung mass reduction benefits those wheels come with, makes the driving dynamics better for the RCF TE.
Old 11-09-22, 09:21 AM
bahrcf
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
I believe those OEM RC TE wheels are lightweight compared to the other 3 variants on the RCF. They shave off a considerable amount of rotational inertia so why would you want to get rid of them? I personally am not a fan of black wheels, but the unsprung mass reduction benefits those wheels come with, makes the driving dynamics better for the RCF TE.
yes I absolutely agree, for track days I'll swap out for the oem wheels but I think the LM are also light weight in their own regards not sure if it's lighter than the oem if someone can chime in
The following users liked this post:
05RollaXRS (11-09-22)
Old 11-09-22, 09:56 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 669 Likes on 591 Posts

We did the BBS LM for a Lexus RCF track edition in Hawaii. 20" only though.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 11-09-22, 12:07 PM
bahrcf
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by MCB1970
yes I saw them, will these offsets work on the RCF

19x9 +38/19x10 +40

Old 12-13-22, 09:57 AM
dbutchermd
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Bbs Lm

If you can find the rare specs of bbs 19s that I had and sold then that’s good 19x9 +18 19x10 +22
Old 12-17-22, 09:56 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 212 Likes on 162 Posts

FWIW. Going w 20s was the worst mistake of my Lexus life. After a brutal pothole incident I immediately went looking for some Forged wheels in a staggered 19" setup. Spoke w BBS and a few others but eventually ended up with these BC Forged Two Piece. I couldn't be happier w them too!

The following 2 users liked this post by GunnyFitz:
Daniels927 (12-17-22), konichiwa3 (12-17-22)
Old 12-17-22, 10:49 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Welcome back man! Great pictures. You have not posted in years and vanished. Good to see you back man!

Originally Posted by GunnyFitz
FWIW. Going w 20s was the worst mistake of my Lexus life. After a brutal pothole incident I immediately went looking for some Forged wheels in a staggered 19" setup. Spoke w BBS and a few others but eventually ended up with these BC Forged Two Piece. I couldn't be happier w them too!

GunnyFitz (12-19-22)
Old 12-18-22, 04:53 PM
cvt
Racer

Received 544 Likes on 360 Posts

whoa gunny is back!…looking good! 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
GunnyFitz (12-19-22)
Old 12-19-22, 09:32 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Cool WOW - What a Honor!

Welcome back man! Great pictures. You have not posted in years and vanished. Good to see you back man!
What an absolutely awesome thing to see after so much time! You guys are truly the best, and I missed the hell outta yoo's all! Where do I even begin my friends?

Our 2020 Lease on wife's ES350 FSport is nearing its end and I was surfing around looking for advice on what new 2023 models are worth a look. Geez, it's not even in my signature line - its been that long? COVID I guess. Then took a stroll back thru the RCF section and thought I'd chime in on a few posts - probably even duplicated one or two. LOL. I'll look around more and see who I can remember. Wonder if "NJ Steve" is still lurking around with his SC. Fill me in on what Ive been missing gents!

You may recall my Black Lab PTSD Service Dog "Russell" from many F pics. He passed in March which tore my heart more than losing Marines in Iraq. In August I went thru the 2 week Team Training and received an 18 month old Yellow Lab named "Bobby" who's a trip. They're all named at birth after 9/11 victims. Dont know who Bob was but this dog is great for me.

Still have my 2017 with all the same Mods. Havent done much except change to Amsoil since I run it in all my engines. Only have 16k on odometer - is that good? Friggin dealer offered me 52k for it too!.

Thanks again guys!

Semper Fi,

Gunny
DaveGS4 (01-07-23)
Old 12-19-22, 06:16 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

What an absolutely awesome thing to see after so much time! You guys are truly the best, and I missed the hell outta yoo's all! Where do I even begin my friends?

Our 2020 Lease on wife's ES350 FSport is nearing its end and I was surfing around looking for advice on what new 2023 models are worth a look. Geez, it's not even in my signature line - its been that long? COVID I guess. Then took a stroll back thru the RCF section and thought I'd chime in on a few posts - probably even duplicated one or two. LOL. I'll look around more and see who I can remember. Wonder if "NJ Steve" is still lurking around with his SC. Fill me in on what Ive been missing gents!

You may recall my Black Lab PTSD Service Dog "Russell" from many F pics. He passed in March which tore my heart more than losing Marines in Iraq. In August I went thru the 2 week Team Training and received an 18 month old Yellow Lab named "Bobby" who's a trip. They're all named at birth after 9/11 victims. Dont know who Bob was but this dog is great for me.

Still have my 2017 with all the same Mods. Havent done much except change to Amsoil since I run it in all my engines. Only have 16k on odometer - is that good? Friggin dealer offered me 52k for it too!.

Thanks again guys!

Semper Fi,

Gunny
Sorry to hear about the passing of your service dog. Hope you are feeling much better, but I know it must be tough. I had wondered over the last while where you have been? Great to see you back. Regarding the mileage on the car, that is perfectly fine to have 16K miles. My RCF model year wise is older than yours and it has less than 11K miles and it is all good as long as you keep up with maintenance.
GunnyFitz (12-20-22)
Old 01-07-23, 06:40 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Default Sincere Thanks

Sorry to hear about the passing of your service dog. Hope you are feeling much better, but I know it must be tough. I had wondered over the last while where you have been? Great to see you back. Regarding the mileage on the car, that is perfectly fine to have 16K miles. My RCF model year wise is older than yours and it has less than 11K miles and it is all good as long as you keep up with maintenance.
Really appreciate your condolences Rolla! Means alot since I'm presently being flamed alive on another forum I'm on - members there literally spew hate and spread lies about you when they literally have no clue of someone's background and the things they've done! (Sorry. Went off topic)

If I recall you have either a 2015 or 2016 RCF TVD package in Molten Orange (is that the color?) but how the hell can you only have 11k on it? Guessing it never comes out in wet weather? I used to be like that too which is another reason why I was so happy switching from those high priced Michelin Pilot Sport tires to the Bridgestone Pole Positions! It felt like I was literally using rain tires in a complete downpour since they stuck to the pavement like glue! I know many love the MPS4S rubber and if I was tracking the car I couldn't agree more. However, I've gotten the best of both worlds with these Bridgestones and have nothing negative to say about them at all. (If anyone wants to know more PM me and I'll share pics/links) Forget the policy on dropping product links here.

Last wknd we drove from the DC area to Beaufort, SC to spend the wknd w family - got chills driving by Parris Island after 38 yrs since I stood on the yellow footprints! It was like a 10 hr ride which we initially agreed we'd stop halfway. The car was so comfortable and it was such a pleasure to drive it banging thru gears in Sport+ with a Beemer trying to keep up! I couldn't get over how huge the difference was driving it that way, then switching to Eco! Night & Day man! Of course I had to let my wife drive for an hours rest and kept it in Eco for her since she has no clue how to use paddles and gets spooked when the Armytrix screams - especially with the fake piped in sound thru Sport+ mode! Why is it Lexus chose to do that again?

The new Service Dog was the best passenger ever! I made him a perfect Tempurpedic cutout in the back seat area to lie on with pillows and bones to chew. He only got up to yawn or to stare at me - which means he has to take a ****. It was a fantastic trip doing up to 90mph on I95 thru NC where speed limits are 70mph and people pass you like your parked or the world is on fire! Not sure about you guys but it sure feels there are over 200k people out driving these days and half of them are *******s crossing all 3 lanes, cutting people off with inches of room and driving as of they alone own the pavement and disregard safety to every level. Cant help but smile or honk when I see those idiots pulled over by a State Trooper 5 miles down the highway!

Don't ya miss my long *** novels here Rolla! LOL.

Happy New Year!!

Gunny

The following 4 users liked this post by GunnyFitz:
05RollaXRS (01-07-23), DaveGS4 (01-07-23), MCB1970 (01-09-23), UFOHunter (09-25-23)

Quick Reply: Opinions on BBS LM LM-R wheels