Used RC F prices in 2021 and 2020

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-21, 12:14 PM
nigel821
Racer

Received 752 Likes on 468 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by MCB1970
My ex-wife is Persian I know what mean about the haggling. She told me in Iran, you never accept the advertised price for anything. Most salesmen didn't know what hit them after she got done negotiating LOL!
Too funny. Yea my wife is on another level and then her mom is even crazier than she is in terms of haggling. It gets to the point that my wife will have to walk away from her mom when she starts..rofl. Now it's rubbed off on me and I haggle as well. It's funny that it's not that common here in the states to really "haggle", we might ask for a lower price but they take it to a new level. Do you know any Farsi?

Originally Posted by x360box
I've talked to more than 3 dealers about used RC Fs, non was willing to budge a penny. Sure enough those cars disappeared within days if not hours after. Also, heard that the shortage of chips will last longer than anticipated, inflation on the rise, however, as you said life is short and will go for it. I have one in sight. Will updated you once I get it.
Yep I believe it now especially in what we are going through now. Now looking back I honestly think I got a really good deal on a new RCF and especially with the discount that I received. When I look for new RCF's they aren't anywhere near what I paid and at least 10k more for either less options or less than desirable spec. On the AMG group I am in, dealers are marking up G wagons by almost $100k. So now people who want a G wagon are spending upwards of $300k for the freaking thing, which is insane to me.

-Nigel
The following users liked this post:
NewLexGuy (11-03-21)
Old 10-19-21, 08:15 AM
MCB1970
Pit Crew

Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

[QUOTE=nigel821;11147336]Too funny. Yea my wife is on another level and then her mom is even crazier than she is in terms of haggling. It gets to the point that my wife will have to walk away from her mom when she starts..rofl. Now it's rubbed off on me and I haggle as well. It's funny that it's not that common here in the states to really "haggle", we might ask for a lower price but they take it to a new level. Do you know any Farsi?

I know a little Farsi, just basic words. My ex-mother-in-law did teach me how to make koobideh! It's one of my specialties.

Old 10-19-21, 12:20 PM
nigel821
Racer

Received 752 Likes on 468 Posts
Arrow

[QUOTE=MCB1970;11147842]
Originally Posted by nigel821
Too funny. Yea my wife is on another level and then her mom is even crazier than she is in terms of haggling. It gets to the point that my wife will have to walk away from her mom when she starts..rofl. Now it's rubbed off on me and I haggle as well. It's funny that it's not that common here in the states to really "haggle", we might ask for a lower price but they take it to a new level. Do you know any Farsi?

I know a little Farsi, just basic words. My ex-mother-in-law did teach me how to make koobideh! It's one of my specialties.
NOICE! loobideh is so good! I love dogh yogurt drink, the crunchy rice tag-dig, ghormeh sabzi..etc. When I first met my wife 10 years ago I wasn't really into their food so they got to eat most of the really good stuff with no issues.. now that I like most of it, there's a constant battle at dinner when certain dishes pop up, almost like you have to be the first one to start grabbing it, because if you are the last one or wait for everyone else you won't get certain foods...rofl.

Khoda Hafez/hab-be-kheyr!

-Nigel
MCB1970 (10-19-21)
Old 10-25-21, 07:43 PM
uclabrruin
Driver School Candidate

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

while the chip shortage is still driving the pricing train for RCF's and everything else, I think a shock is coming that I haven't seen mentioned. That's the IS500. If those are going to go in the 60's, the case for spending 50k on a used RCF is diminished.
Old 10-25-21, 08:01 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Originally Posted by uclabrruin
while the chip shortage is still driving the pricing train for RCF's and everything else, I think a shock is coming that I haven't seen mentioned. That's the IS500. If those are going to go in the 60's, the case for spending 50k on a used RCF is diminished.
The RCF MSRP is much higher because of the things that are specific to the RCF and not on the IS500 especially the track oriented stuff and the seats etc. The market for the two exactly does not intersect.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 10-25-21 at 08:44 PM.
Old 10-25-21, 09:00 PM
uclabrruin
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
The RCF MSRP is much higher because of the things that are specific to the RCF and not on the IS500 especially the track oriented stuff and the seats etc. The market for the two exactly does not intersect.
well a few things, i would guess that the percentage of RCF owners that track their cars is pretty low. with the same engine in the cars, i'm guessing that there will be a ton of cross shopping between the two. i know when i bought my last car, i took very long looks at the LC500, the RCF and the GSF. they're much more similar than they are different. finally, molten pearl RCF, nice choice.
Old 10-25-21, 10:01 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

well a few things, i would guess that the percentage of RCF owners that track their cars is pretty low. with the same engine in the cars, i'm guessing that there will be a ton of cross shopping between the two. i know when i bought my last car, i took very long looks at the LC500, the RCF and the GSF. they're much more similar than they are different. finally, molten pearl RCF, nice choice.
Thanks very much. Yes, love the Molten Pearl color. What did you end up getting?

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 10-25-21 at 10:05 PM.
Old 10-25-21, 10:07 PM
uclabrruin
Driver School Candidate

Thanks very much. Yes, love the Molten Pearl color. What did you end up getting?
i actually went in a different direction

konichiwa3 (10-25-21)
Old 10-25-21, 10:12 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Looks gorgeous. Congrats.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 10-25-21 at 10:21 PM.
Old 10-25-21, 10:15 PM
uclabrruin
Driver School Candidate

thanks
Old 10-25-21, 10:46 PM
konichiwa3
Intermediate

Received 312 Likes on 172 Posts

That brings back memories, I almost bought one of those in 2015 but instead ended up with my RCF. I needed back seats, haha. Great car though.

I agree, my dedicated tech who does my aftermarket installs made a similar comment, what will differentiate the F performance from the F is the lack of dedicated track features such as the cooling for transmission and brakes, aluminum components. I don't think the F performance will have the same chassis rigidity too.

uclabrruin (10-26-21)
Old 10-26-21, 06:46 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by konichiwa3
I agree, my dedicated tech who does my aftermarket installs made a similar comment, what will differentiate the F performance from the F is the lack of dedicated track features such as the cooling for transmission and brakes, aluminum components. I don't think the F performance will have the same chassis rigidity too.
Yeah, the chassis rigidity work on the RCF is one thing. Also, brakes, seats, leather, wheels, tires, suspension, cooling systems etc. like you mentioned are the features. Available TVD and carbon fiber package etc. The RCF suspension is considerably stiffer as well. They are all handy features for spirited driving.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 10-26-21 at 06:55 AM.
Old 10-26-21, 07:54 AM
CAHWY128
Advanced

Received 344 Likes on 226 Posts

One thing that makes the RCF more attractive to me, is it is a coupe. I want a 2 door. Although, I think the IS body is probably the best looking 4 door out there.
NewLexGuy (11-03-21)
Old 10-26-21, 12:51 PM
Louczar1
Pit Crew

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by nigel821
-Nigel
For many years I was able to plan propertly in buying new vehicles. waiting for end of month / quarter for negotiations. I special ordered 2 different toyotas (Sienna and Tacoma 4x4). talked to salesman mid month of last month of quarter and made my offer based on what i wanted to order. I was told no can do both times. I told him each time to call me when he was ready to do it. he always called back at the end of the month accepting my offer. Buying my new RC F was another story.

I wonder if those days will be back soon or if it still happens?
Old 10-27-21, 04:26 PM
x360box
Pit Crew

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

Congrats! Looking forward to the details. Ask any questions, if you have any. When you drive it, I would say skip other modes and just put it in SPORT+/MANUAL mode for the most aggressive settings

Here it is. Has 6,100 miles. Red is stunning under the sun, can't compete with the molten perl but I don't want the attention.
The following 6 users liked this post by x360box:
05RollaXRS (10-27-21), ba2sy (11-06-21), Drug350 (04-01-23), NewLexGuy (11-03-21), RandallNYC (10-27-21), yok3dIS (10-27-21) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)

Quick Reply: Used RC F prices in 2021 and 2020