RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

2016 RC F beeping at me!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-20, 11:30 AM
Soarer2
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 RC F beeping at me!

My 2016 RC F has been beeping at me. It does it about once per minute and sounds like a digital watch marking the hour with a quick "beep beep". I'm not getting any warning lights and am puzzled as to what this is. It does it while I'm driving or parked. Any ideas what this is about?
Old 08-13-20, 11:53 AM
tuscani66
Pit Crew

Received 78 Likes on 55 Posts

I assume there's no flashing lights on the dash during beeping, otherwise I'm sure you would have mentioned it.

1 thing that comes to mind at first is the sensitive emergency brake pedal; sometimes getting in I bump it but then again, it shouldn't do it while parked, but it does occasionally beep if even depressed 1 'click'.

But maybe try to scan it with a OBD2 scanner to see what 'hidden non-dealer codes' are there (I'm sure you know you can have codes but no CEL on) otherwise take it to dealer for a thorough scan.

This isn't too helpful but this is the first I'm hearing of it. If a door/hood/etc was alarmed you would get a signal, does anything show up on the right on the 'info' menu?
Old 06-20-23, 04:42 AM
Azul1998
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Soarer2
My 2016 RC F has been beeping at me. It does it about once per minute and sounds like a digital watch marking the hour with a quick "beep beep". I'm not getting any warning lights and am puzzled as to what this is. It does it while I'm driving or parked. Any ideas what this is about?
Hello, I am having a similar issue now with my RC, did you ever find out what was wrong and why it was beeping?
Old 06-20-23, 07:19 AM
LoSt180
Advanced

Received 581 Likes on 315 Posts

I skimmed the owner's manual and there's only a handful of items listed that "beep". You can press the menu button, then scroll to Setup, then General. In there is an option to toggle beeps on/off.

Most everything has a corresponding function, like parking assist or voice menu, that should also have some kind of display item at the same time.

One beep sound that sticks out to me is changing the temperature or HVAC controls. Do you have a phone mounted where your fingers, or even the USB cord will bump the temp up/down sliders?

Searching for buzzer turned up over 100 mentions in the manual. Most are related to warning you about your driving. Manual also specifically says the buzzer will sound twice if downshifting is restricted for some reason. I'd recommend downloading the Owner's Manual, searching for "buzzer" then see if any of the settings or warnings might apply to your car or how you're driving the thing. Or start digging around to see if there's a rouge Apple airtag stuffed in your car.