RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Black Line Editions Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-20, 08:40 PM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 212 Likes on 162 Posts
Default Black Line Editions Anyone?

Hello Folks. Its been a long, long time. My F is stocked to gills w all I ever need so far.
My wifes 2017 RX350 is ready to turn in within next few weeks. My question is this:

Has anyone here in this special group truly seen either the GS or IS Black Edition Models that are supposedly in a very limited allocation. I know this sure may be the final launch of the GS line, but maybe some have seen the actual IS Black Line Edition ?

Are EITHER of these vehicles worth a deliberation at any Dealership? Any chance they could become a limited series and be avoiding my inquiries on purpose? lol.

The RX350 Lease ends in 3 weeks and my killer RCF project car will never depreciate due to the Mods and work. Only ONE dealer.told me he has the Black Line i.n Stock.. what say you Members?

http://,https://pressroom.lexus.com/...ands-for-2020/
Old 05-19-20, 10:07 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,422 Likes on 1,743 Posts

Hey man, long time no see. Glad you and your RCF are doing well. I have not seen it, but if you are really into limited edition models then IS350 F-Sport with black line would be very nice.
Old 05-20-20, 04:14 PM
adreano17
Advanced

Received 107 Likes on 58 Posts

I ran across a Black Line GS at Carmax last year. I didn't see too much novelty in it. Given it looked nice, but don't think any excessive markup from base would be worth what the car is.
Old 05-21-20, 12:33 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,836 Likes on 1,297 Posts

^^^^That model was announced on 4/23/20. You sure you saw one last year

https://pressroom.lexus.com/lexus-cr...edition-model/

Lou
Old 05-23-20, 07:16 PM
adreano17
Advanced

Received 107 Likes on 58 Posts

Confused with the "Crafted Line".

Curious to see the difference as it looks very similar.
Old 05-26-20, 04:37 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Default Black Line Not Happening

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Hey man, long time no see. Glad you and your RCF are doing well. I have not seen it, but if you are really into limited edition models then IS350 F-Sport with black line would be very nice.
Great to see you my man Rolla! Yes, I've done what I acheived to do w my RCF now that I have the Custom BC Forged 19s! Huge error going w 20s in my area! So yeah I got pricing on an 2020 IS Blackline and though the wheels sure look cool I just can't sell my wife on its size. Coming off the RX she IMMEDIATELY said NO to the NX which I believe is on same platform as IS. Therefore, it may be taking a step back, the new ES F Sport are actually pretty nice, especially their interior! Despite the 20 RX coming w a Touch Screen she wants to return to a sedan. Also got pricing on a GS FSport too since that was our first Lexus in 2007 which we kept for 11 yrs. I still may opt for that since we have just 3 weeks left on this RX Lease and I'm not falling for the "Payment Waiver" thing to rush into a new Lease on something we don't know 100%.

Actually, I'm Not too impressed w the demeanor from my local Dealership just 4 miles away! Rolla or Flow you guys might recall my RCF story and how far I had to travel to get it because the Dealer here in Northern Virginia wouldn't do it for me? THAT dealer in NYC literally took a loss on my RCF (I know, I know you think I'm jaded) lol. Truth be told, I even had to sign a NDA on it which is why I've never plastered my cost here - or better not have!!
Obviously, I'm not keen traveling into the Eye of Hurricane Pandemic in NYC but I'll close w this question for you guys since its been so long we chatted. 🍷

How much money would you travel 275 miles for to get a new Lexus?

For instance, a lower price than local.
$500 ?
$1000 ?
$2000 ?

Our Amtrak Train ride from DC to NYC

Old 05-26-20, 09:52 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,836 Likes on 1,297 Posts

Originally Posted by GunnyFitz
How much money would you travel 275 miles for to get a new Lexus?
I'm in Arizona. Bought my new LC the end of last June - in Nebraska A friend and I flew out, I picked it up from Lexus of Lincoln, and we drove it home in 20 hours and 30 mins BTW the dealer was GREAT to do business with

Lou
The following users liked this post:
BossMoss (05-30-20)
Old 05-26-20, 12:41 PM
OldManRCF
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

275 miles isn't too terrible, i'd do that for $1,000. (roughly 6-10 hours out of my day) 20.5 hour drive = no reasonable amount of money
Old 05-26-20, 01:41 PM
Lend0
Intermediate

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

I had a similar encounter with the Lexus dealership in LV, they were downright impossible to deal with and refused to reduce the price on an RCF I was looking at. They are literally the only game in town and sure liked to act like it so I walked.

I then worked out a deal on one in Scottsdale, AZ about 4.5 hours away and couldn't be happier. They were upfront on their pricing and we made a verbal agreement which they honored! My 311 mile drive saved me several thousand dollars and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
Old 05-26-20, 03:00 PM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Default Outstanding!!

Thanks much guys! Makes me feel like giving these titheads an ultimatum then. Appreciate ya!
Old 05-26-20, 03:41 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Hope your purchase experience all works out well. Luckily, I purchased my RCF directly from a private seller (member on this board) so I was able to bypass the dealership sales process altogether (and saved on the 5% sales tax).
Old 05-27-20, 06:57 PM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Default Question

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Hope your purchase experience all works out well. Luckily, I purchased my RCF directly from a private seller (member on this board) so I was able to bypass the dealership sales process altogether (and saved on the 5% sales tax).
Rolla -

Met a newbie RC-F Owner on the Facebook Group. Was asking me about my Armytrix and said what he really wants is the Invidia. He isn't on here and Ill have to look tru my PMs if we exchanged email. Sorry. Im forgetful. Told him I only know one guy worthy enough to ask feedback.. You didnt do Headers too did ya? If you could, PM me your Thread on it when you started. It was a good one I recall but not where. Thanks for kind words brother. Means alot.

Semper Fidelis
Old 05-27-20, 08:50 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Rolla -

Met a newbie RC-F Owner on the Facebook Group. Was asking me about my Armytrix and said what he really wants is the Invidia. He isn't on here and Ill have to look tru my PMs if we exchanged email. Sorry. Im forgetful. Told him I only know one guy worthy enough to ask feedback.. You didnt do Headers too did ya? If you could, PM me your Thread on it when you started. It was a good one I recall but not where. Thanks for kind words brother. Means alot.

Semper Fidelis
Hey man, I only have Invidia full catback exhaust for now. No headers and doubt I will ever do headers since it requires dropping the subframe etc and I don't really need much more power than what I have. I am still keeping resonator delete on Invidia exhaust in the future, but for now it is perfect. I just did tires and now I am planning on getting a full cold air intake next (without removing the stock airbox) mostly to get more induction noise. I might do small mods here and there, but nothing major. Not sure which thread you have in mind. Maybe, if you can give me a hint about what the topic of discussion was then I can try to recall which thread that might be. Cheers!
Old 05-30-20, 08:16 PM
BossMoss
Pole Position

Received 129 Likes on 75 Posts

Hello Folks. Its been a long, long time. My F is stocked to gills w all I ever need so far.
My wifes 2017 RX350 is ready to turn in within next few weeks. My question is this:

Has anyone here in this special group truly seen either the GS or IS Black Edition Models that are supposedly in a very limited allocation. I know this sure may be the final launch of the GS line, but maybe some have seen the actual IS Black Line Edition ?

Are EITHER of these vehicles worth a deliberation at any Dealership? Any chance they could become a limited series and be avoiding my inquiries on purpose? lol.

The RX350 Lease ends in 3 weeks and my killer RCF project car will never depreciate due to the Mods and work. Only ONE dealer.told me he has the Black Line i.n Stock.. what say you Members?

http://,https://pressroom.lexus.com/...ands-for-2020/
I have not seen one, but from the press release it does not appear that this relates to the GS-F. Visual changes only - thus would not be worth any additional markup. Since cosmetic changes can be done aftermarket, I don't think the exclusivity of 200 models is really worth anything. If it also corresponded to a performance tweak, like the track edition or some sort of weight reduction, then it would be worth seeking out. :/

Old 08-02-20, 08:12 PM
Slash300zx
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 52 Posts

I just got a GS Black Line Special Edition... really really nice, just a few details really makes a difference. This is my post on the GS forums, I will be posting some more pictures in the next couple days and hopefully I'll make a youtube video or something with a review.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...l-edition.html