RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

RCF Dash Rattle

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-21, 11:46 AM
buister
Pit Crew

Received 51 Likes on 35 Posts

I'm at 48k miles and starting to notice the rattling around me when the radio is off. I haven't tried to empty the junks from the cabin to find out if it is really from the car, but from owning many cars over the years the noise is the typical rattle. Hope I'm wrong.
Old 04-21-22, 09:05 AM
orys
Pit Crew

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts

Sorry to revive this old thread but I also am experiencing rattles - both from the same area of the right side of the dash and around glove box or passenger door. Can be heard pretty much all the time regardless of pavement or suspension settings. If both rattles are heard, it sounds really annoying. Car is a 2019 with 17k miles. Will Lexus cover these rattles under warranty?
thanks!
Old 04-21-22, 09:57 AM
KennyFSU
Instructor

Received 292 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by orys
Sorry to revive this old thread but I also am experiencing rattles - both from the same area of the right side of the dash and around glove box or passenger door. Can be heard pretty much all the time regardless of pavement or suspension settings. If both rattles are heard, it sounds really annoying. Car is a 2019 with 17k miles. Will Lexus cover these rattles under warranty?
thanks!
Can't hurt to take it to the dealer and ask.
Old 04-21-22, 11:52 AM
orys
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by KennyFSU
Can't hurt to take it to the dealer and ask.
took to Beverly Hills Lexus and they wanted $219 to ‘diagnose’. I will go elsewhere, maybe Longo. If anyone at SoCal has recommendations for a good service department/advisor, please let me know!
Old 04-21-22, 11:58 AM
bahrcf
Pit Crew

Received 75 Likes on 29 Posts

It sounds like a coin moving or something moving right? If so I had it on my 15 rcf, agent took care of it back in the days under warranty.
Old 04-21-22, 12:21 PM
orys
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by bahrcf
It sounds like a coin moving or something moving right? If so I had it on my 15 rcf, agent took care of it back in the days under warranty.
not exactly. It’s more like a plastic or metal that is not screwed in all the way, such as a loose housing or something like that. I also have something kinda similar coming from around the steering column. My feeling is that the previous owner, which was local, drove regularly in bad roads (which is most roads here in LA haha) but didn’t care enough to address the rattle with the SA. Maybe she leased it. Maybe she just listened to the stereo. I am a fanatic when it comes to rattles but when I text drove the car I picked up none. The roads around the dealership were pretty smooth, perhaps that’s why.
Old 04-21-22, 12:26 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Received 2,263 Likes on 1,044 Posts

took to Beverly Hills Lexus and they wanted $219 to ‘diagnose’. I will go elsewhere, maybe Longo. If anyone at SoCal has recommendations for a good service department/advisor, please let me know!
I don't see how this is possible. If its a 2019 with 17k miles, even if you bought it in 2018 as a 2019MY, it is still under warranty. Its 48 months, 50,000 miles.
Old 04-21-22, 12:38 PM
orys
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by TipsyTonio
I don't see how this is possible. If its a 2019 with 17k miles, even if you bought it in 2018 as a 2019MY, it is still under warranty. Its 48 months, 50,000 miles.
exactly what I told the SA - but he said that ‘it’s a sports car’ and is therefore prone to rattles. ‘It’s not an ES’ we’re his words. The original warranty is good till 4/23. I will try a different dealership.
Old 04-21-22, 12:53 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Received 2,263 Likes on 1,044 Posts

exactly what I told the SA - but he said that ‘it’s a sports car’ and is therefore prone to rattles. ‘It’s not an ES’ we’re his words. The original warranty is good till 4/23. I will try a different dealership.
That is such BS lol. The real reason is that they don't want to do warranty work as it doesn't pay as much, and identifying rattles is a challenge for most. If I were you I would go somewhere else but still report them to corporate for being scumbags
The following 2 users liked this post by TipsyTonio:
mr2dave (04-22-22), vraa (04-22-22)
Old 04-21-22, 12:58 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,425 Likes on 1,746 Posts

Quite the nonsense. It is built rock solid so there is definitely something that needs to be addressed. Mine has non-AVS so it is stiff all the time and zero rattles from anywhere even over bumpy roads like I said above.
Old 04-21-22, 11:06 PM
konichiwa3
Intermediate

Received 312 Likes on 172 Posts

I'm not a fan of Beverly Hills at all, my one experience there and I was totally turned off by the SA, even though it's actually super close to me.
I have been to Longo, one of the most impressive facility, SA's are cordial but not always cooperative. Incidentally it was at Longo that I had my first ever LFA sighting.

Cerritos Lexus has always been great from day one.

My first sighting of an LFA. Longo Lexus

$1000 oil change, notice they have to drop the entire exhaust just for this service.

Last edited by konichiwa3; 04-21-22 at 11:14 PM.
Old 04-22-22, 11:27 AM
cvt
Racer

Received 544 Likes on 360 Posts

I have taken my cars to 3 different Lexus Dealerships Thousand Oaks, Woodland Hills, and Longo.

Longo was by far the most knowledgable and most competent. Not saying much since TO and WH were so unknowledgeable about our F cars it's unbelievable.

I take all my service to a private mechanic who has an IS-F car of his own. He gets it done faster and appreciates the vehicles the way a dealership SA or mechanic never can. He lets you watch as he works on the cars too. Tommy @ Musicbox is legit.
The following users liked this post:
vraa (04-22-22)
Old 04-22-22, 06:12 PM
orys
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by cvt
I have taken my cars to 3 different Lexus Dealerships Thousand Oaks, Woodland Hills, and Longo.

Longo was by far the most knowledgable and most competent. Not saying much since TO and WH were so unknowledgeable about our F cars it's unbelievable.

I take all my service to a private mechanic who has an IS-F car of his own. He gets it done faster and appreciates the vehicles the way a dealership SA or mechanic never can. He lets you watch as he works on the cars too. Tommy @ Musicbox is legit.
Will seek him out when out of original OEM warranty. Thanks for the heads up on Longo. Any particular SA you recommend?
Old 04-22-22, 10:01 PM
cvt
Racer

Received 544 Likes on 360 Posts

Will seek him out when out of original OEM warranty. Thanks for the heads up on Longo. Any particular SA you recommend?
Not really. But you’ll know when you start talking to one. 🤣
Old 04-22-22, 10:55 PM
konichiwa3
Intermediate

Received 312 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by cvt

Tommy is a one man wonder, a national treasure! I have been taking my car to him for the last 4 years for my mods and now he does my regular service, he is fast and always gets it right the first round. I have had extensive experience with various performance shops before with my previous AMG, Tommy is in a league of his own, a sheer genius. Of course for warranty issues you have to go the dealership route

As long as you don't have mods on your car Longo is ok. According to Longo SA they don't work with too many F's there. Even Tommy @musicbox says the same thing. Tommy's advice was that for a mod friendly dealership and for an SA that knows F cars quite well you should go to Lexus of Westiminster and ask for Phillip Tran. If you look at yelp you will see people who drive all the way from LA just to have their car serviced by Phillip.

The following users liked this post:
cvt (04-23-22)

Quick Reply: RCF Dash Rattle