RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Buying 2015 RCF

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-19, 05:25 PM
Koreatown
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Buying 2015 RCF

Hello, I was leaning towards the isf but rcf is slowly growing on me. Is right now the best time to buy a rcf or should I wait till the 2020 version comes out? Do you think I can get one for high 30’s? Lease ends in a couple of days and I need to pull the trigger soon.
Old 02-05-19, 05:44 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

If you are ready to buy, then I would go for it.

The 2020 RCF is nicer, but more money for sure.

There is a CL member selling his USB 2015 RCF with some 57K miles on the odo for around $36.5K last time I checked a few days ago. It's in South Florida. I was looking at it, but decided to get an SUV instead. I don't know the seller, but it's worth checking it out. Good luck.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/market/895799

Originally Posted by Koreatown
Hello, I was leaning towards the isf but rcf is slowly growing on me. Is right now the best time to buy a rcf or should I wait till the 2020 version comes out? Do you think I can get one for high 30’s? Lease ends in a couple of days and I need to pull the trigger soon.
The following users liked this post:
GunnyFitz (02-06-19)
Old 02-05-19, 05:54 PM
SoSlow
Pole Position

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

High 30's is going be higher miles, couple owners, maybe an accident. Depends on what you want. I think a respectable used RC-F is going to be mid 40s at best.
Old 02-05-19, 06:37 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,496 Likes on 1,796 Posts

Agreed. High 30s is usually beaten up one's with some major maintenance items like brakes, tires required soon. You might want to focus on getting the right car rather than the right price.
Old 02-05-19, 07:19 PM
Koreatown
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Would have to do more research, but are these cars just as reliable like the isf? For example brakes & rotors wont break the bank. The engine etc being super reliable. What are the most common issues owners are having with the 2015 rcf?

Last edited by Koreatown; 02-05-19 at 07:20 PM. Reason: messed up
Old 02-05-19, 08:00 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

There is a price point for everything. Just need to check it out and see. If items were found needing attention or replacement, then additional money OFF. If the two parties can come to an agreement on the price, then win win for all.

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Agreed. High 30s is usually beaten up one's with some major maintenance items like brakes, tires required soon. You might want to focus on getting the right car rather than the right price.
Old 02-05-19, 08:02 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Would have to do more research, but are these cars just as reliable like the isf? For example brakes & rotors wont break the bank. The engine etc being super reliable. What are the most common issues owners are having with the 2015 rcf?
squealing brakes, easy fix with good street pads.
there was some issues with shifting that was resolved with a ECU flash to increase the fuel pump voltages, the flash apparently also made the shifts a bit more aggressive.
some see early wear on the seat bolsters, especially with the Nuluxe seat material.
there was a recall out for the high pressure fuel pump.

I had my 2015 RCF for 3 years, 36K loved the car, never had any issues, loved every minute of owning the car and would still have it if it wasn't for a motorcycle accident injury that made driving it painful and uncomfortable, that was 100% because of my injury and had nothing to do with the vehicles comfort.
GunnyFitz (02-06-19)
Old 02-06-19, 05:36 AM
Blze001
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

What are the most common issues owners are having with the 2015 rcf?
I've developed a severe hatred of gas stations...
Lammyyy (02-06-19)
Old 02-06-19, 05:51 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 213 Likes on 162 Posts

If you can afford to do it - I'd start looking for a 2019 or 2020 with all the features you'd most love to have. Cast your net very wide too, it often pays to travel to obtain the specific Model you want in your garage! Many of us did some serious searching before pulling the trigger - I went 300 miles to Brooklyn, NY for mine! However, if cost is a driving force for you, then there should be several older Models available out there in the 2015/16/17 lineups. My 3 cents on your question.
Old 02-06-19, 08:04 AM
Daddymars
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought an used Red color 2015 RC F w/ 46k miles on it for 39k +TTL on December 2018 and I am the forth owner of this vehicle. The cafax and autocheck report shows no accident. The previous owners put 2 aftermarket amps, a subwoofer, a Borla cat-back exhaust, aFe intake and CF wheel on the car. The car is not prefect. The windshield had been replaced by previous owner and the rain sensor is not working somehow, but overall it's in very good condition. I had a PPI since the car is in another state. The car also come with Performance Package. Once I got the vehicle, I replaced the MPS tires with MPS A/S 3+ and did an alignment. I think it's condition and price is reasonable for me.
Old 02-06-19, 10:26 AM
Kerune
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Daddymars
I bought an used Red color 2015 RC F w/ 46k miles on it for 39k +TTL on December 2018 and I am the forth owner of this vehicle. The cafax and autocheck report shows no accident. The previous owners put 2 aftermarket amps, a subwoofer, a Borla cat-back exhaust, aFe intake and CF wheel on the car. The car is not prefect. The windshield had been replaced by previous owner and the rain sensor is not working somehow, but overall it's in very good condition. I had a PPI since the car is in another state. The car also come with Performance Package. Once I got the vehicle, I replaced the MPS tires with MPS A/S 3+ and did an alignment. I think it's condition and price is reasonable for me.
While I personally prefer CPO over this route, if I could've gotten a 1-owner car from this forum with wheels, a CF steering wheel pre-installed, and borla + xpel film I would've been very happy. Unfortunately a few months after I got mine a few did pop up like it.

On the other hand, good quality RC-Fs are still mid 40s which is a few grand less than what people paid 2 years ago for the same thing. It'd be easier to tell you what cars DON'T appreciate $5-6k in 2 years (actually idek the answer to this).

Feel free to wait for a $40k RC-F but likely you'll want to wait for a private listing here but if I had to do it again at this time I'd be a buyer at $45k if it has a perf. pckg + tri-beam.
Old 02-06-19, 12:21 PM
CAHWY128
Advanced

Received 346 Likes on 228 Posts

I paid 47K for 2015 lease return about a year ago. It had pretty much all the options, Leather, ML sound, sun roof, Premium package. No performance package though. I wanted a white one but when I went to look at this one in black, it was very clean all original with no mods. I bought it based on it's excellent condition. It had 17K miles. Having driven it for a year I feel like I got a smoking deal on it. The car has been amazing.
Old 02-06-19, 12:55 PM
MCB1970
Pit Crew

Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

Purchased my 2015 RC F through a Manheim Auction in Orlando this past October for just over $40K. The car had 37K miles and all options, but the weather package (I guess you don't need a heated steering wheel or nozzles in Miami). The car had some exterior cosmetic damage that was reported by the auction and some minor things that were not reported. The interior was immaculate. You have a week to return the car if anything is found that was not disclosed. The Carfax was clean and it received all of it's required services/recalls at a Miami Lexus dealership. The brakes and tires were replaced as well. My car broker's mechanic, as well as my personal mechanic, who is a good friend of my mine, went through the car and found no issues (oil was clean, nothing under the car looked damaged or abused. The car did need a new battery. The car came lowered on Swift springs. I needed to replace them with OEM springs so my snow tires would fit. Unfortunately, because the car has the TVD, it calls for different rear springs. There were none in the US. I had to order them from Japan which took 6 weeks because they had to be made! All in all, I absolutely love the car. It puts a smile on face every time I drive it. This Spring, after Winter has passed, I will have all cosmetic items taking care of.
Old 02-07-19, 03:35 PM
mirza
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

are you saying that manhein will let you return if something is really bad?
Old 02-07-19, 05:28 PM
MCB1970
Pit Crew

Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

Yes, anything that is not disclosed in the listing is grounds for arbitration. This link explains some of the protections: http://press.manheim.com/automaticpurchaseprotection. Manheim is a dealer only auction, so you have to know someone with a license who can bid on the car.
My broker has been buying cars at Manheim for over 20 years including 911s, M3s, M4s, Mercedes and Maserattis and has never had any problems. The dealers have ratings you can see their reputations and the cars have condition ratings with pictures, including tire tread depth.

Quick Reply: Buying 2015 RCF