05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts
Default BMW M owner drives the Lexus RCF

Old 12-15-18, 05:40 PM
CAHWY128
Advanced

Received 344 Likes on 226 Posts

Why must all these videos have empty drinks in the cup holders. Take them out before you film the interior. Just bugs the crap out of me....lol. From now on any empty cup I see in a car video gets a thumbs down on YouTube.
The following users liked this post:
GunnyFitz (12-17-18)
Old 12-15-18, 05:59 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by CAHWY128
Why must all these videos have empty drinks in the cup holders. Take them out before you film the interior. Just bugs the crap out of me....lol. From now on any empty cup I see in a car video gets a thumbs down on YouTube.
Lol, I Guess I've never noticed these things but you make a Good Point! I've also never understood Why people try to sell a car on the internet or facebook, etc... & don't even take the time to Vacuum it out or even clean it up! SMDH
Old 12-16-18, 07:30 AM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 247 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by CAHWY128
First thing I noticed also in the video. Gave it a thumbs down on the spot. Also, he never really talked about the car....terrible camera angles/views, terrible music in the background......the chick was texting during the video.....just unprofessional all the way around. Really see why I love Doug Demuro videos more and more now.

V.
Old 12-16-18, 06:30 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

He posted a sequel to his video. He lets his girlfriend drive it. She sure loves to downshift and gun it.

Old 12-16-18, 07:53 PM
Limelight
Driver

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

She mentions she dislikes the blindspot. What’s the general consensus from forum members on this? Is it large but something you get used to as you drive it more? I’m assuming the BSI on the mirror helps with any surprises...
Old 12-16-18, 09:36 PM
gipsonke
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Vitveet
.just unprofessional all the way around. Really see why I love Doug Demuro videos more and more now.

V.
I love Doug Demuro as well. One of his best videos I've seen is on the Chevy SS... It's hilarious. He's just a "normal guy", like us! 😃👍
Old 12-16-18, 09:42 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Limelight
She mentions she dislikes the blindspot. What’s the general consensus from forum members on this? Is it large but something you get used to as you drive it more? I’m assuming the BSI on the mirror helps with any surprises...
It is not my daily driver, but from my experience the blind spots are not an issue. When I do shoulder check, visibility is very good as the B-pillar is way behind your line of sight. Then, the cameras and blind spot monitoring, cross-traffic alert system etc. make it more easy. All in all, I don't see any issues with the thick A-pillars.
The following users liked this post:
Limelight (12-17-18)
Old 12-17-18, 11:48 AM
konichiwa3
Intermediate

Received 312 Likes on 172 Posts

The BSI works like a charm. In my 4 years owning RCF I have never had the need to look over my shoulder and it has never failed me.

It's also speed dependent , monitors how fast the car is approaching you from behind rather than just distance. Sometimes when just cruising on the freeway and other cars are swooping around you at faster speeds it feels like you are in a jet fighter cockpit with warning systems flashing at you about incoming missiles as the BSI fires off with increasing intensity with every car rapidly closing up to you. Lol.

The argument about blindspot on this car is moot . It's just a reviewer trying very hard to find something negative to say giving them the air of being a "professional reviewer."
Old 12-17-18, 12:56 PM
Ctrl-F
Pole Position

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

I wouldn't give much stock to what this person (a non-RC F owner) says about disliking the blind spot monitoring. What's the alternative?

The blind spot monitoring is very subtle on the side view mirrors and is a very helpful safety feature.