RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

People with the rr supercharger, what 0-60 numbers are you pulling now?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-18, 03:35 AM
Xzria
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default People with the rr supercharger, what 0-60 numbers are you pulling now?

I'm just curious since I couldn't really find anything. How much of a improvement with the supercharger with 0-60 times and what quarter mile times?
Old 12-11-18, 05:16 AM
Spam89
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 44 Posts

So my friends drive bmw m3. One is pushing around 600 up and the other around 500. From a roll starting from 10 to 20 or 40, I beat them till around 100. After 100 they creep. I thought they were going to demolish my car but if they screw or **** up, they won't be able to catch me unless we go 3 digits. Think my stock rcf is way faster then 4.3 seconds. Vbox measured it around 4.0. Here are the m3s that I have raced
Old 12-13-18, 01:27 PM
finny76
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 51 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by Spam89
So my friends drive bmw m3. One is pushing around 600 up and the other around 500. From a roll starting from 10 to 20 or 40, I beat them till around 100. After 100 they creep. I thought they were going to demolish my car but if they screw or **** up, they won't be able to catch me unless we go 3 digits. Think my stock rcf is way faster then 4.3 seconds. Vbox measured it around 4.0. Here are the m3s that I have raced
Is your RCF stock? how do you explain this then?

Old 12-13-18, 02:35 PM
Spam89
Intermediate

Originally Posted by finny76

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYsVeFko5Ds
my car has a exhaust. They have little traction and even with traction, they don't pull as much as I thought. The cars are both tuned with exhaust and headers. Both are pretty wellknown in the m world. Stock for stock in the real world, I would probably beat them. I have never been beaten before by a mustang, m3/m4, type r tuned, Audi a6 with pulley upgrade and tuned, Pontiac g8, and so. Also raced a c43 amg tuned along with a 335i tuned with full bolt on and intercooler upgrade. Kill list goes on and on.

I have a lot of friends who drive m3s. The red one below never raced but the blue one behind it I did who is pushing 600 hp.. He was shocked how good my RCF runs with only a exhaust

Old 12-13-18, 04:00 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Simple, it was Clarkson driving the RCF who gave the worst /biased review with zero positive things to say about it (calling buyers idiots) and refused to allow a Stig lap You seriously think he was interested in launch the RCF properly? Also, I can post at least 4 videos that contradict that.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 12-14-18 at 06:12 PM.
Old 12-13-18, 05:06 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Don't believe everything you see online, things can be cherry picked to make the RC F look worse than it is. There are also a lot of other factors that don't show on paper. This is probably my favorite review of the RC F. It seems to me to be the most honest and unbiased review I have read (I haven't read all of them out there):

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...xus-rc-f-test/

A quote about the M4 vs. the RC F from that review:
I was dicing with an instructor-caliber driver in a new-generation M4. As long as the track was dry, I couldn't close the gap, but the minute it was even the slightest bit shiny I saw that back end start wobbling every time he passed the apex. I started making up one car length per turn on the way out and before I knew it he was a small dot in the mirror. That's something the stat sheet can't tell you: Can you trust your throttle application on a wet surface? With the Lexus, the answer is "hell yes."
The following users liked this post:
46750 (12-14-18)
Old 12-14-18, 04:32 PM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

I had an RC-F and now a competition package M3. Different beasts. Butt Dyno tells me it's a wash. But if you will ask me which car I will buy again, I will go with the M3 because of the size, utility and weight. But that's me. Enjoy your Fs, gents.
Old 12-14-18, 06:10 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Lexura1414
I had an RC-F and now a competition package M3. Different beasts. Butt Dyno tells me it's a wash. But if you will ask me which car I will buy again, I will go with the M3 because of the size, utility and weight. But that's me. Enjoy your Fs, gents.
Size is almost identical. Around 185 inch length.

Old 12-14-18, 06:35 PM
finny76
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 51 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Spam89
. Stock for stock in the real world, I would probably beat them. I have never been beaten before by a mustang, m3/m4
I have yet to see a video of anyone beating a stock M3/M4 from either a roll or a rolling start....

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Yes, but the RCF is +300lb compared to m3/m4 and that is why it lags behind...

Originally Posted by Davew77
Don't believe everything you see online, things can be cherry picked to make the RC F look worse than it is.
Ok then what about any of these videos? No Jeremy Clarkson in here...

Lexura1414 (12-15-18)
Old 12-14-18, 08:00 PM
Lammyyy
Pole Position

Received 74 Likes on 62 Posts

For me personally, I've tried both and in terms of only performance, the M3/M4 walks the RC-F. However, I honestly don't think Lexus really tried to make the M3/M4 killer (or ever claimed that for that matter). They could've easily cut that weight/stiffen the suspension but they didn't because they knew that the people who buy their cars don't go after ONLY performance. Luxury and comfort matter to me and that's what the M3/M4 lacked so badly.

Performance only? The M3/M4 takes it but not by much. Overall better car? Easily the RC-F.

No offense to anyone, but let's be honest - very few of us are going to drive the car hard enough for that difference between the M and F to really matter. It's honestly reminiscent of those M guys who buy their cars just for bragging rights about the ultimate driving machine. Driver mod matters more than anything so instead of arguing paper numbers just go out and enjoy your car whether it's an M or an F lmao

Last edited by Lammyyy; 12-14-18 at 08:22 PM.
finny76 (12-14-18)
Old 12-14-18, 08:20 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

I have yet to see a video of anyone beating a stock M3/M4 from either a roll or a rolling start....

Yes, but the RCF is +300lb compared to m3/m4 and that is why it lags behind...

Ok then what about any of these videos? No Jeremy Clarkson in here...
Well, then you clearly missed a lot. I am not saying, M4 is not quicker. It is by a few tenths as tested numbers show. What Clarkson did was full of negativity with nothing positive to say (in order to shamelessly plug the LFA). He did the same in ISF vs M3. That speedo video you posted shows RCF and M4 were close speedo wise with 2 - 3 km/h difference around 250 km/h (not withstanding the speedo error).

Like I said above, there are at least 3 - 4 examples that completely contradict what Clarkson showed. You can believer whatever side you want, but it did happen a few times. Again, as a disclaimer this does not mean M4 is not quicker. It is quicker, no doubt. You disputed what spam89 said, but I am saying it is well within a decent margin to sway with better driver especially considering the 300+ lbs difference.

(Speedo video of RCF doing 276 km/h when the M4 is doing 278 km/h)

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 12-15-18 at 12:24 AM.
Old 12-14-18, 09:19 PM
Spam89
Intermediate

I have driven both the m3 and the rcf since my friends have m cars. The performance wise, can not even detect a difference. In the real world where these 500+, 600+ horsepower m3 get decent trsction, my RCF will pull on them till pass 100.
Old 12-15-18, 09:45 PM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

M3 -184 in long, 74 in wide, 56 in high
RC-F - 185″ L x 72-73″ W x 55″ H

You are correct but the M DEFINITELY feels smaller than F. If you want to argue, go drive an M3 or better yet own one. And most of the videos you posted are showing the 2015 regular M4. Most newer M3/ M4 owners now own the competition package that has more horsepower, more traction and more performance than the 2015. BMW has improved them over the years. This is the same model that demolished the GS-F in one Youtube video on the autobahn. Stock for stock the ZCP M3/M4 will walk an RC-F from a dig and will destroy an RC-F from a roll. And I am not a bandwagon M3 fan to disclaim.

Last edited by Lexura1414; 12-16-18 at 09:21 AM.
Old 12-15-18, 10:28 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Glad you are very happy with your trade-in, but no thanks. Competition package existed at the time I purchased my RCF (DougHI already had one and you can find his posts on it) and was very thoughtful about where to spend my money. While GSF does not automatically equate to an RCF (tested high speed acceleration shows 1 second difference), I am happy with my slower RCF. From my personal perspective, I could not live with that noise (that is just me). I wanted a high-revving V8 with potential to make it more rewarding and the options were very limited in that realm. One youtube vlogger went back to E92 M3 from M3 F80 because he could not stand the noise (obsessed garage). Just my personal opinion of sound being more important to me than numbers. Enjoy your car.

Originally Posted by Lexura1414

M3 -184 in long, 74 in wide, 56 in high
RC-F - 185″ L x 72-73″ W x 55″ H

You are correct but the M DEFINITELY feels smaller than F. If you want to argue, go drive an M3 or better yet own one. And most of the videos you posted are showing the 2015 regular M4. Most newer M3/ M4 owners now own the competition package that has more horsepower, more traction and more performance than the 2015. BMW has improved them over the years. This is the same model that demolished the GS-F in one Youtube video on the nurburgring. Stock for stock the ZCP M3/M4 will walk an RC-F from a dig and will destroy an RC-F from a roll. And I am not a bandwagon M3 fan to disclaim.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 12-15-18 at 11:21 PM.
Old 12-15-18, 11:19 PM
Spam89
Intermediate

Glad you are very happy with your trade-in, but no thanks. Competition package existed at the time I purchased my RCF (DougHI already had one and you can find his posts on it) and was very thoughtful about where to spend my money. While GSF does not automatically equate to an RCF (tested high speed acceleration shows 1 second difference), I am happy with my slower RCF. From my personal perspective, I could not live with that terrible noise (that is just me). I wanted a high-revving V8 with potential to make it more rewarding and the options were very limited in that realm. One youtube vlogger went back to E92 M3 from M3 F80 because he could not stand the noise (obsessed garage). Just my personal opinion of sound being more important to me than numbers. Enjoy your car.
never lost against a m3 or m4 just so you know. The rcf is a new car compare to the m3 so the testers could possibly not have been used to driving the car. I also agree. I work with a lot of m3/m4 and the rcf feels sportier and sounds so much better then any m

Quick Reply: People with the rr supercharger, what 0-60 numbers are you pulling now?