RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Found a different twist on RCF parts

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-18, 05:50 PM
airlaird
Pole Position

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Found a different twist on RCF parts

Gentlemen I have a high regard for our Vendors and just wanted to share another option with you on a site I found....I know that vendors can not possibly stock all the cool parts we want and I totally get that. Recently, I placed an order with Carid for a Seibon rear spoiler. In addition, I ordered from a vendor some Rohanna wheels . Both orders were made in late May 2018 with 2 different companies. After back and forth discussion though out the summer I was told both orders would arrive "around December" in "containers" I cancelled both orders...as that was absolutely absurd...nothing takes 6 months to manufacture on this planet anymore ;-)
I then decided to look at ROWEN parts. I located an outfit that sells ROWEN CF parts that needs no "container" to arrive from Japan. I know that most vendors are tied to the behest of Japan and said "containers" must be filled on most orders. I never understood that as 20 years ago I owned Landcruisers.com and would order aftermarket parts from Japan ..and after 3-4 weeks later...they would arrive. Anyway, I spoke to Rory Rogers at www.sp-power.com I have no affiliation other than order my ROWEN CF Blades and rear CF lip from them. He claimed they order direct from Japan and the typical wait is 4 weeks. Well...4 weeks and 2 days later..my parts arrived via FED EX. They came in perfect condition..but simply needed clear coat.
I just wanted to put this out and say there are options out there. My hats off to the wheels vendors on this Forum...you all tried so hard with Rohanna wheels...and I thank you
airlaird

Last edited by airlaird; 10-11-18 at 03:46 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by airlaird:
BossMoss (10-10-18), GunnyFitz (10-18-18), moltenrcf (10-14-18)
Old 10-10-18, 06:15 PM
1BAD4DR
Pole Position

Received 44 Likes on 29 Posts

Perfect these guys are 10minutes from my house. They are big with the GTRs.... thank you!
Old 10-10-18, 06:17 PM
TRANC3
Rookie

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

I ordered my Rowen blades direct from Nengun and they were here in under 4 weeks.....and I'm in one of the most isolated cities on the planet (Perth, Australia).

Great service. Ordered parts already gloss coated but tbh the coating is a bit hazey so will be taking them to my local shop to enhance prior to fitment.
The following users liked this post:
moltenrcf (10-14-18)
Old 10-10-18, 06:31 PM
airlaird
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 1BAD4DR
Perfect these guys are 10minutes from my house. They are big with the GTRs.... thank you!
Yes they are big on GTR Stuff..and my ROWEN parts had a clear coat..but VERY hazy as well...so I do recommend a clear coat..tell em airlaird sent ya...

Last edited by airlaird; 10-11-18 at 03:51 AM.
Old 10-11-18, 08:45 PM
Mingofish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 330 Likes on 231 Posts

Well, I guess the only difference is whether you want to spend extra money to air freight from Japan vs hitch the slow boat ride. I’m sure the reg vendors here could have gotten you the parts sooner via air. It’s just the norm to ship via container.
My rowen parts took about 4 months to arrive. But I’m use to JDM stuff taking 3 months plus so I was fine with it.

Thanks for lead on the new vendor.
The following 3 users liked this post by Mingofish:
GunnyFitz (10-18-18), Meraki Autoworks (10-12-18), moltenrcf (10-14-18)
Old 10-11-18, 09:59 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Mingofish
Well, I guess the only difference is whether you want to spend extra money to air freight from Japan vs hitch the slow boat ride. I’m sure the reg vendors here could have gotten you the parts sooner via air. It’s just the norm to ship via container.
My rowen parts took about 4 months to arrive. But I’m use to JDM stuff taking 3 months plus so I was fine with it.

Thanks for lead on the new vendor.
WOW, 3/4 months are you Serious? WHY would it take that long for ANYTHING, What did they have to do, make it then mold it & paint it & let it dry for a couple of months? I'm Sorry, but there's NO way i'd order Anything that takes 3/4 months to get to me! I Guess to each their own! And I Bet, you Still Over Paid for what you bought. JMO! BUT, IF You're fine with it it's YOUR Car
Old 10-12-18, 05:51 AM
airlaird
Pole Position

Mingofish, good point...I actually don't know if i paid any "extra" for the shipping to get it here in 4 weeks It was $200.00 bucks for the pieces....so maybe so?
I envy your patience..my original post for the Wheels and Seibon spoiler was delivery in 2 months....then 3...then 5...then 6 months...my patience was gone by then ;-)
airlaird
Old 10-12-18, 07:50 AM
Lammyyy
Pole Position

Received 74 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by airlaird
Mingofish, good point...I actually don't know if i paid any "extra" for the shipping to get it here in 4 weeks It was $200.00 bucks for the pieces....so maybe so?
I envy your patience..my original post for the Wheels and Seibon spoiler was delivery in 2 months....then 3...then 5...then 6 months...my patience was gone by then ;-)
airlaird
You paid $200 for shipping vs wait time with reputable vendor? Might be an option for some of us more impatient people
Old 10-12-18, 10:37 AM
airlaird
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Lammyyy

You paid $200 for shipping vs wait time with reputable vendor? Might be an option for some of us more impatient people

Well....I did not want to say this...but the pricing was much lower than our vendors pricing .....sooo.....I assure you, the math worked out better...EVEN with the my shipping cost...
airlaird

Last edited by airlaird; 10-12-18 at 10:44 AM.
Old 10-12-18, 11:14 AM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Lammyyy

After my ISF, I had a GT-R for a little while so I became pretty familiar with SP Engineering where the OP ordered his parts. They have been in the business of building cars and dealing Japanese parts for something like 20+ years. There are some reputable dealers here, but SP has a whole reputation of their own.

Also, it's pretty easy to see who deals directly with Rowen by viewing their dealer list - http://www.rowen.co.jp/en/dealer/ - SP Engineering is listed at the top for North America. I'm sure they can get anyone a pretty good price on the parts.

But just letting everyone know, I might be bias here since I know Rory (the person referenced in the OP) since him and I met when we both were driving around a civic si lol.
Old 10-12-18, 11:21 AM
Lammyyy
Pole Position

Well....I did not want to say this...but the pricing was much lower than our vendors pricing .....sooo.....I assure you, the math worked out better...EVEN with the my shipping cost...
airlaird
I believe it! I spoke to Rory and he's helping me source a part that's been annoying tough to find. Only spoke to him for about 5 minutes and he's been awesome. Even if the pricing was the same, with the shipping cost difference vs time, it still might be worth it for a lot of people.
Old 10-12-18, 06:21 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

airlaird
Hey, I for one Appreciate you saying this! Just because They're a Vendor/Sponsor on here doesn't give them the right to Over Price their Products on here! There's been a few times I've went with other Vendors just because of this very reason, though I didn't bring it up or mention who it was.
Old 10-12-18, 07:52 PM
Lammyyy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ISFpat
After my ISF, I had a GT-R for a little while so I became pretty familiar with SP Engineering where the OP ordered his parts. They have been in the business of building cars and dealing Japanese parts for something like 20+ years. There are some reputable dealers here, but SP has a whole reputation of their own.

Also, it's pretty easy to see who deals directly with Rowen by viewing their dealer list - http://www.rowen.co.jp/en/dealer/ - SP Engineering is listed at the top for North America. I'm sure they can get anyone a pretty good price on the parts.

But just letting everyone know, I might be bias here since I know Rory (the person referenced in the OP) since him and I met when we both were driving around a civic si lol.
I don't think you're biased at all! I contacted Rory this morning due to this thread with a few questions on a more than annoying part to source (along with some wheels I'm planning to order). The only other person who I saw had it told me that he paid in the $700 range for it. Rory not only got me a great price with a reasonable timeframe since they are made to order, but he was incredibly knowledgeable and trustworthy. We're working on getting a set of wheels for my F in the near future.

That aside, I personally think our vendors give us a fair price and great service but it's always good to have options available.
Old 10-13-18, 09:43 AM
Kerune
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I'm on the site but having a hard time finding anything for our car except a full body kit and wheels?
Old 10-14-18, 07:44 AM
airlaird
Pole Position

I don't know what other aftermarket brands they sell...I just posted Rowen parts which they can piece meal...you would have to call them and see if they have other companies they buy from.
airlaird

Quick Reply: Found a different twist on RCF parts