Brake clearance for wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-18, 08:13 PM
Lammyyy
Pole Position

Received 74 Likes on 62 Posts
Default Brake clearance for wheels?

Hey everyone,

The good ol modbug hit me so I was looking around at different kinds of wheels for the RCF and ran across the SSR SP3s. I was speaking with someone from a company (not the usual CL vendors) just to look at what the damage would be for a set of 19" SSR SP3 in SBC with gold hardware before I was dead set on purchasing.

He said that the 19" SP3s will not fit our cars due to the brake clearance and that the 20" would fit. I'm looking at 19s specifically because I enjoy driving through the mountains and would prefer to avoid 20s. Can anyone confirm if this is true?
Old 06-20-18, 12:56 PM
GetKinetic
Lead Lap

Received 111 Likes on 70 Posts

Perhaps they can measure the depth difference and youbcan throw on a 5 or 10mm spacer to gain clearance.
Old 06-20-18, 02:26 PM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 212 Likes on 162 Posts
Default Rotors?

Is that what you mean by "Brake Clearance?" Whether or not the wheels will fit over the nice huge rotors we have?

IMHO. Buy from a reputable source only. Vendors here - Josh from Meraki, PK Auto Design, etc. Please for the love of Lexus dont buy from CL!

Hate it when members turn someone else's thread all about themselves, but I got an unreal set of 20" wheels from PK Design that fit perfectly. These guys know which wheels fit, and which dont. Dont roll the dice. My 4 cents man.

Good luck!
Old 06-20-18, 02:58 PM
Lammyyy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GunnyFitz
Is that what you mean by "Brake Clearance?" Whether or not the wheels will fit over the nice huge rotors we have?

IMHO. Buy from a reputable source only. Vendors here - Josh from Meraki, PK Auto Design, etc. Please for the love of Lexus dont buy from CL!

Hate it when members turn someone else's thread all about themselves, but I got an unreal set of 20" wheels from PK Design that fit perfectly. These guys know which wheels fit, and which dont. Dont roll the dice. My 4 cents man.

Good luck!

Yeah I plan on purchasing from Josh at Meraki! I was just shopping around to see how much they would cost. It was weird when they told me the 19s wouldn’t fit so I wanted to confirm.
Old 06-20-18, 03:16 PM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Default Josh

That dude is truly stand. You cant go wrong w him on anything! The last thing I'd want is to get second hand wheels, and find they dont fit, ya know? Post pics of what you end up with too!
We ALL love pics!

Stock

Non Stock! 😎
Old 06-20-18, 08:14 PM
Lammyyy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GunnyFitz
That dude is truly stand. You cant go wrong w him on anything! The last thing I'd want is to get second hand wheels, and find they dont fit, ya know? Post pics of what you end up with too!
We ALL love pics!

Stock

Non Stock! 😎
They're new wheels! I just wanted to make sure they clear brake calipers without spacers before I made the purchase with Josh!

I was looking at those wheels before from Ace Alloy! Time to lower your car Gunny Got my bags in progress right now
The following users liked this post:
GunnyFitz (06-21-18)
Old 06-21-18, 04:55 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

That's so funny! (Both that you were looking at same wheels & comment about lowering it) I have yet to see another RCF with these Ace Alloy's on it.
FYI- I used another Vendor here on CL for them-PK Auto Design, who blew CARiD prices out of the water! Plus, their customer service is superb!
About 98% of the people who see this car say the same thing, that it NEEDS to be lowered!
If anything, I would just do a mild lower in the front. Period. NOT doing Coilovers, or entire car. When that time comes- Josh will be my man for that!
Though it may look better-Im not looking to creep over speed bumps or tear off my front lip on those concrete parking stops- no way! Guess you could say that I make up that 2% who say "Keep it as it is Gunny!"
The following users liked this post:
PK Auto Design (06-21-18)