New RCF Owner :) - Newbie Questions Socal

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-17, 08:08 PM
inknart123
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default New RCF Owner :) - Newbie Questions Socal

New RCF Owner :) - Newbie Questions Socal-gg3zndf.jpg

Picked up my 2017 RCF in White 2 weeks ago.

So far have lowered it on Swift Springs with some Vossen Wheels, chrome delete on windows and carbon 4D wrap on roof.

Now to the performance..

What is the best sounding exhaust for the $? I've read great things about the Borla and have found the system for around 1400 new through a friend, any cheaper? Just curious, but doubtful , i'm in socal.

Also getting the Takeda Intake.

After those two will be eventually be headers, but probably more along a year down the road.

Any insight into performance specs would be greatly appreciated. Looking to keep it around $2k for exhaust and intake.

Cheers
Old 12-29-17, 05:05 AM
Apaul
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by inknart123

Picked up my 2017 RCF in White 2 weeks ago.

So far have lowered it on Swift Springs with some Vossen Wheels, chrome delete on windows and carbon 4D wrap on roof.

Now to the performance..

What is the best sounding exhaust for the $? I've read great things about the Borla and have found the system for around 1400 new through a friend, any cheaper? Just curious, but doubtful , i'm in socal.

Also getting the Takeda Intake.

After those two will be eventually be headers, but probably more along a year down the road.

Any insight into performance specs would be greatly appreciated. Looking to keep it around $2k for exhaust and intake.

Cheers
congrats man! Love the rcf in white. I have borla and im really really happy with it. I think its the best exhaust under 2000 and even though money was not an issue for me with the gthaus, i didn't want anything TOO loud or cabin drone. Get the borla, you will love it.
As far as the intake goes, ive read that your better off leaving the stock air box and just dropping in a high flow filter from afe or something. I would suggest the apexi throttle controller too. I know its not a performance gainer but trust me, it's fun as helllll when your neck whips as you step on the throttle.

def get the borla! Good luck. Meraki is really good vendor but if you have a friend then sure why not
Old 12-29-17, 05:41 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts

First, congrats and welcome to the forum!

Some of us did the res delete and are very happy with the sound. Advantages - inexpensive; adds volume to existing sound, retain stock exhaust look. You can hear it here.

Best sounding one to my ears is the Apexi N1 x. Smooth, deep, and exotic sounding with just the right volume, though it will be a little over your budget.

The following users liked this post:
ttsport15 (12-30-17)
Old 12-29-17, 06:55 AM
Phinatic
Pit Crew

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
First, congrats and welcome to the forum!

Some of us did the res delete and are very happy with the sound. Advantages - inexpensive; adds volume to existing sound, retain stock exhaust look. You can hear it here.

Best sounding one to my ears is the Apexi N1 x. Smooth, deep, and exotic sounding with just the right volume, though it will be a little over your budget.
I've been researching exhausts lately and I have to agree, the Apexi N1 sounds great, especially for the money. Paying $2K for an exhaust system seems high, but it's actually right about average, if not below, from what I've been seeing. ARK GRiP also sounds pretty good and it's currently on sale for just below $2K.

Old 12-29-17, 08:40 AM
inknart123
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the feedback! I was actually looking at all of the res deletes last night before bed.

If I can ask, what type of HP gains from a full exhaust like Borla would I get? Would it even be worth it? The res delete does sound nice from the clips I have heard.

Would it maybe just be worth dropping in new filter instead of Intake? I know the intake doesn't do much, but I've always loved the sound it produces. Would a new filter offer the same?

What exactly does the apexi throttle controller do? If it doesn't add HP, what would cause the increase in force that the driver experiences
Old 12-29-17, 11:14 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 670 Likes on 591 Posts

Borla exhaust!

You have my # lol!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 12-29-17, 11:31 AM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Thanks for the feedback! I was actually looking at all of the res deletes last night before bed.

If I can ask, what type of HP gains from a full exhaust like Borla would I get? Would it even be worth it? The res delete does sound nice from the clips I have heard.

Would it maybe just be worth dropping in new filter instead of Intake? I know the intake doesn't do much, but I've always loved the sound it produces. Would a new filter offer the same?

What exactly does the apexi throttle controller do? If it doesn't add HP, what would cause the increase in force that the driver experiences
I'm in Socal (Cerritos area) and have res delete on my RCF if you want to hear it in person. for me it's fine, loud and throaty when you get on it, quiet and no drone in stop and go traffic and at idle.

As a youngster I loved loud exhaust, and my '38 hot rod has some loud exhaust full headers, no cats, 3" piping and magnaflow street mufflers, but it is smog exempt so I don't have to worry about it getting nailed by the CHP.

I had a modern car with full exhaust (headers back) several years ago that got smog refereed by the CHP, cost me twice the cost of the exhaust with the fines and cost to remove and restore to stock.. not worth it on a modern car IMO. CAT Back only for me now on modern cars, CA is too restrictive in this area, even CAT back can get you into trouble with CA noise laws if the LEO wants to be jerk.
Old 12-29-17, 11:35 AM
inknart123
Driver School Candidate

Currently at muffler shop getting the red delete

seems like I will get exactly what I’m looking for.

Probably still do intake as I really like the sound and it’s nit expensive along with the throttle control as I would love to be put back into my seat from start
Old 12-29-17, 11:46 AM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Currently at muffler shop getting the red delete

seems like I will get exactly what I’m looking for.

Probably still do intake as I really like the sound and it’s nit expensive along with the throttle control as I would love to be put back into my seat from start
I have an intake as well AEM and Bline motorsports both used my vehicle for their mock ups and digital wire frame.. Currently running the Bline in the car, AEM is supposed to send me their prototype in Feb.
Old 12-29-17, 03:58 PM
08sgmis350
Advanced

Received 183 Likes on 73 Posts

Congrats. Nice looking car~
Get Borla! I picked up exhaust on the day I bought my car. puts smile every single time. freeway = cruise with 8th gear and it's super quiet. give a good gas = wakes up the car. I think Borla is worth every penny.
Meraki Autoworks (12-30-17)
Old 12-29-17, 09:08 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Borla, it is. Get it!! I got one and love it!!!!

Originally Posted by 08sgmis350
Get Borla! I picked up exhaust on the day I bought my car. puts smile every single time. freeway = cruise with 8th gear and it's super quiet. give a good gas = wakes up the car. I think Borla is worth every penny.
Meraki Autoworks (12-30-17)
Old 12-30-17, 11:40 AM
luislopezt
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

I have a magnaflow and i believe it sounds great. at least for me. and actually it is very similar to the APEXI
Old 12-30-17, 12:28 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 670 Likes on 591 Posts

Originally Posted by 08sgmis350
Originally Posted by lexusrus
Borla, it is. Get it!! I got one and love it!!!!
Extra special since it has that Meraki touch.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 12-30-17, 07:12 PM
08sgmis350
Advanced

Received 183 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks

-Josh
haha true! extra special + super fast response!
+1 for Meraki autoworks!
Meraki Autoworks (12-31-17)
Old 12-30-17, 07:45 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Yes indeed. Josh at Meraki was able to coordinate the shipping/delivery to time it with my travels to arrive at my work location where my RCF is located. It worked out PERFECT.

I was gonna install it myself, but it was way too cold plus my driveway has an incline that was not really safe to jack up my RCF at all four corners and etc. I got one of the local shops to install the Borla. All good!!!

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks

-Josh
Meraki Autoworks (12-31-17)

Quick Reply: New RCF Owner :) - Newbie Questions Socal