RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Put GSF wheels on the RCF! *PICS*

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-17, 05:13 AM
mjn88
Lead Lap

Received 145 Likes on 96 Posts
Default Put GSF wheels on the RCF! *PICS*

So I finally got around to putting the GS-F wheels on, these are all 19x9 (all fronts, couldn't find the rears). Lou was right, It does look a little tucked in but nothing spacers cant fix! UNTIL I get of set of rears this will do for now! Hope you guys like it as much as I do, these are powder coated gunmetal BTW. Sorry for the bad lighting, will post better pictures later. This is just the beginning, got some other things planned for her!

Anyone recommend good wheel spacers or any have any advice? I'm thinking 20mm-25mm to make up for the inch i'm losing running a non staggered set up... i'm at stock height btw...

Old 10-05-17, 05:45 AM
dris250
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

You can try these

H&R 5x114.3 25mm TRAK+ DRM Series Wheel Spacers Pair
Part Number: 5065561

I had the 15mm ones and no issues whatsoever
Old 10-05-17, 05:52 AM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 162 Likes on 90 Posts

I would NEVER use wheel spacers, just not worth the risk.
Old 10-05-17, 07:50 AM
Ne1tHeRe
Instructor

Received 111 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Carnevino
I would NEVER use wheel spacers, just not worth the risk.
This. Just get the GSF rears and get some lowering springs/coilovers I like those wheels on the RCF
Old 10-05-17, 12:04 PM
BLexodus
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

They look good except they do look tucked in as you mentioned.

I am also not a fan of spacers. It will look great with a set of wider rears!
Old 10-05-17, 03:17 PM
mjn88
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by BLexodus
They look good except they do look tucked in as you mentioned.

I am also not a fan of spacers. It will look great with a set of wider rears!
Damn really? I talked with my tire guy who installed the wheels and mounted the tires for me. Hes been in the business for 15 years. He told me using spacers isn't a bad idea, just to make sure to buy quality ones. And yeah i'm waiting for a friend of mine who gets OEM Lexus wheels regularly (Owns a wheel shop) to let me know when he gets a set of rears in so i can fix the issue. I think they look pretty awesome for the most part tho!
Old 10-05-17, 04:01 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

spacers are fine. I've used it on all of my previous cars , including similar ISF. you won't get any type of shaking, bolts coming loose, anything like that if you do it correctly. drive speeds over 150mph, and fast around town all the time.

As for the wheels, if you don't have the wider rear wheels, it is a downgrade so hopefully you can find a pair for the rear. although I'm not a fan of putting diff model wheels on my cars, i like the mesh. classy.
The following users liked this post:
ModInJapan (10-10-17)
Old 10-05-17, 06:26 PM
mjn88
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
spacers are fine. I've used it on all of my previous cars , including similar ISF. you won't get any type of shaking, bolts coming loose, anything like that if you do it correctly. drive speeds over 150mph, and fast around town all the time.

As for the wheels, if you don't have the wider rear wheels, it is a downgrade so hopefully you can find a pair for the rear. although I'm not a fan of putting diff model wheels on my cars, i like the mesh. classy.
So spacers are ok? Can you link me to a pair that would perform well? Sorry i've been doing research and everyone seems to be pointing towards H&R & Project kics but I keep reading mixed reviews that both aren't that good so I kind of want advice from someone whos had experience with them. Also, is the installation easy? Man....I am looking for the rear wheels, believe me, just hard to find REAL ones. Some guy tried to sell me replicas on craigslist. I liked the upgraded 20 spoke hand polished OEM RCF wheels I still have, I just wanted a different look without going aftermarket. I like the clean semi OEM look. Thanks!
Old 10-05-17, 07:19 PM
Apone
Pole Position

Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

I think they look great, I prefer these over the polished OEM that I also have. The only set I could find was from a guy in CA that does not want to ship. He's had them for a year waiting for a local buyer....
Old 10-05-17, 08:19 PM
mjn88
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Apone
I think they look great, I prefer these over the polished OEM that I also have. The only set I could find was from a guy in CA that does not want to ship. He's had them for a year waiting for a local buyer....
LOL! That seller was ME! Sorry, i'm unfamiliar with shipping and was told not to ship them since a friend of mine recommended not to. He got screwed over shipping an exhaust to some guy on the east coast and whatever happened he didn't get reimbursed. I took them down now, as you can see they're on my car. I might be able to get you a set of fronts, I have pics of a pair that he currently has. I also have access to another full set, but you might need to bid against someone, it's confusing. Contact me at 949-295-2963

Last edited by mjn88; 10-05-17 at 08:23 PM.
Old 10-06-17, 03:43 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by mjn88
So spacers are ok? Can you link me to a pair that would perform well? Sorry i've been doing research and everyone seems to be pointing towards H&R & Project kics but I keep reading mixed reviews that both aren't that good so I kind of want advice from someone whos had experience with them. Also, is the installation easy? Man....I am looking for the rear wheels, believe me, just hard to find REAL ones. Some guy tried to sell me replicas on craigslist. I liked the upgraded 20 spoke hand polished OEM RCF wheels I still have, I just wanted a different look without going aftermarket. I like the clean semi OEM look. Thanks!
I've used H R ones where you put on new longer studs but i prefer to use either project kics or ichiba . on my lexus ISF i used the ichiba exclusively because the bolts don't strip unlike the bolt tool you need for the project kics .

also the ichiba make hub centric adapters for lexus so it was also smooth just like OEM. I'm very sensitive to any type of vibration, noise, etc and as long as your car have good wheel bearings , they will be perfectly smooth . you torque the spacers bolt on with the same specs as oem wheels. never do they come loose. get the bolt on type where you don't replace the studs. its the easiest way to be flush.
Old 10-06-17, 07:51 PM
mjn88
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
I've used H R ones where you put on new longer studs but i prefer to use either project kics or ichiba . on my lexus ISF i used the ichiba exclusively because the bolts don't strip unlike the bolt tool you need for the project kics .

also the ichiba make hub centric adapters for lexus so it was also smooth just like OEM. I'm very sensitive to any type of vibration, noise, etc and as long as your car have good wheel bearings , they will be perfectly smooth . you torque the spacers bolt on with the same specs as oem wheels. never do they come loose. get the bolt on type where you don't replace the studs. its the easiest way to be flush.
Iono...Im starting to second guess the whole spacer thing then. Seems like a lot of work.
Old 10-07-17, 05:58 AM
Apone
Pole Position

Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

LOL! That seller was ME! Sorry, i'm unfamiliar with shipping and was told not to ship them since a friend of mine recommended not to. He got screwed over shipping an exhaust to some guy on the east coast and whatever happened he didn't get reimbursed. I took them down now, as you can see they're on my car. I might be able to get you a set of fronts, I have pics of a pair that he currently has. I also have access to another full set, but you might need to bid against someone, it's confusing. Contact me at 949-295-2963
Ha! Well, that makes sense then. Glad you finally got some use out of them.
Old 10-07-17, 07:10 AM
kaimikazee
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This video is by far the best explanation of spacers imo.
Ive used spacers before. Just use common sense.😉
The following users liked this post:
mjn88 (10-07-17)
Old 10-07-17, 11:00 AM
mjn88
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by kaimikazee
https://youtu.be/i4UH_TZiZgw

This video is by far the best explanation of spacers imo.
Ive used spacers before. Just use common sense.��
Ok so I did a little research and I think i'm going with these. Even though they're "cheap" by price, the quality seems to be really good according to the multiple reviews i've been reading online. Gonna do 38mm in the rear and 15mm in the front until I find the set of GSF rears. If anyone is interested theres a link below, the seller is DMVmotorsports. Thanks for the help guys!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/182270977016

Quick Reply: Put GSF wheels on the RCF! *PICS*