RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Throwing out some Kudos and Thank yous to Cerritos Lexus.

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-17, 01:01 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts
Default Throwing out some Kudos and Thank yous to Cerritos Lexus.

Since I bought my RCF the sunroof has made a grinding/groaning sound when opening and closing, I also noticed when compared to the couple of RC350s I have been given during service appointments, the sunroof didn't slide as far back as they did, it was about 2.5" further forward.

I have purposely not had it corrected because I was not thrilled about having the interior of my $80K+ sports car torn up to get the sunroof removed and a new one installed.

I finally bit the bullet and had it done 2 weeks ago. I expressed my concern about potential rattles, creaks, and broken panels to "Sean" the service advisor I have used on the 4 service appointments I have had in 2 years.

Sean took to heart my concerns, and he went above and beyond to be sure my car was returned to me the same way I brought it in, no scratches, no rattles, no warped panels.. While one panels was damaged, Cerritos Lexus called me and owned up to it at once, told me it was ordered and would be replaced when it came in (today), They scheduled called and scheduled an appointment for me and took the car the minute I got there and had me back out on my way to work within 45 minutes..

Having gone through hell with one of the "best" Chevy dealers in L.A./Orange County with my Camaro, broken or warped panels, a screwdriver through a speaker, scratches in the paint, curbed wheel, and the dealership not owning up to it and fighting me on getting the parts fixed, which eventually lead to a buy back. It was refreshing to have a dealership care about my car and take ownership of their small mistake..

I highly recommend Cerritos Lexus if you are in the L.A. Area, I have found all of their people to be friendly, knowledgeable and forthright. Sean was my advisor, but I feel confident in recommending any one there.
The following users liked this post:
ba2sy (10-05-17)
Old 10-02-17, 11:02 PM
konichiwa3
Intermediate

Received 312 Likes on 172 Posts

Mixed bag with Lexus of Cerritos for me. Everything from curbed wheel to leaving white latex glove hand marks all over the interior of my car. Over selling by the Service advisor (they even over-sell you on the wait time for a shuttle; 15mins quickly turns into an hour) and most of the service advisors don't seem to be very knowledgeable about the RCF, I guess they don't service too many RCF's here. The Last visit I was treated like royalty but they had to ruin it at the final hour by curbing my wheel, dropped the ball at the final yard line I have had Sean before, he seems a bit more even keeled. The technicians seem to be pretty good though unlike my experience when I owned a Mercedes AMG, always and literally every single time I had to take it back a second time because they didn't put the car back together again properly, it didn't matter which Mercedes dealership you took it to (Down Town Los Angeles and Beverly Hills Mercedes being the worst). Reason I am never touching a German car ever again. Not only are they maintenance headaches, the technicians were no good.
Old 10-03-17, 10:59 AM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by konichiwa3
Mixed bag with Lexus of Cerritos for me. Everything from curbed wheel to leaving white latex glove hand marks all over the interior of my car. Over selling by the Service advisor (they even over-sell you on the wait time for a shuttle; 15mins quickly turns into an hour) and most of the service advisors don't seem to be very knowledgeable about the RCF, I guess they don't service too many RCF's here. The Last visit I was treated like royalty but they had to ruin it at the final hour by curbing my wheel, dropped the ball at the final yard line I have had Sean before, he seems a bit more even keeled. The technicians seem to be pretty good though unlike my experience when I owned a Mercedes AMG, always and literally every single time I had to take it back a second time because they didn't put the car back together again properly, it didn't matter which Mercedes dealership you took it to (Down Town Los Angeles and Beverly Hills Mercedes being the worst). Reason I am never touching a German car ever again. Not only are they maintenance headaches, the technicians were no good.
Everyone has their own experiences.. I bought my RCF from Santa Monica. and the first visit I dealt with Doug Elliot and he was great.. The second time Doug was off, got another advisor and while they were doing the 5K oil change both my Enform app and my skylink app (which were both set to valet mode) went crazy with alerts, excessive acceleration, excessive lateral G', excessive braking, speed in excess of 65mph , then 75mph, then 95mph.. I called and asked what the hell was going on and all I was told was that the shop Forman took it out for the normal after service test drive.

got it back and discovered the shop foreman had disconnected my dash cam but only after he was 10 minutes into his donuts, burnouts, and joy riding..
Old 10-05-17, 07:31 AM
ba2sy
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by mjeds
Everyone has their own experiences.. I bought my RCF from Santa Monica. and the first visit I dealt with Doug Elliot and he was great.. The second time Doug was off, got another advisor and while they were doing the 5K oil change both my Enform app and my skylink app (which were both set to valet mode) went crazy with alerts, excessive acceleration, excessive lateral G', excessive braking, speed in excess of 65mph , then 75mph, then 95mph.. I called and asked what the hell was going on and all I was told was that the shop Forman took it out for the normal after service test drive.

got it back and discovered the shop foreman had disconnected my dash cam but only after he was 10 minutes into his donuts, burnouts, and joy riding..
Wow! what did they give you as compensation? I hope they fired that guy.
Old 10-05-17, 08:24 AM
gs350swf
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is nuts.
Old 10-05-17, 09:15 AM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ba2sy
Wow! what did they give you as compensation? I hope they fired that guy.
no actually the owner of LACARGUY dealerships told me to f-off and take him to court if I had an issue, he would stand behind his employee, whos "excuse" for disconnecting the camera was "privacy issue" as he didn't give me permission to record him..

I did talk to a lawyer who told me my best course was to find another dealership because even with the video they would be hard pressed to get me anything that be worth the effort, I would be paying attorney fees for essentially nothing as there was no damage to the vehicle, had he crashed it would have been a different story.. But joyriding gets a "meh" response from everyone.
Old 10-06-17, 12:06 AM
ba2sy
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

no actually the owner of LACARGUY dealerships told me to f-off and take him to court if I had an issue, he would stand behind his employee, whos "excuse" for disconnecting the camera was "privacy issue" as he didn't give me permission to record him..

I did talk to a lawyer who told me my best course was to find another dealership because even with the video they would be hard pressed to get me anything that be worth the effort, I would be paying attorney fees for essentially nothing as there was no damage to the vehicle, had he crashed it would have been a different story.. But joyriding gets a "meh" response from everyone.
I guess one way you can avenge your RCF is by spreading the word via IG, FB, FB Groups, Yelp and CL. I know there's one on FB Group that shared a dealer trying to scare a customer to return his RCF or GSF because the trade-in car that they inspected and accepted in the deal had issues after a few miles and papers were already signed. After social media exposure, their dealership got a lot of complaints and they later apologized and the F Owner is finally at peace enjoying his F car.

It's also a good thing to spread those bad experiences for people to avoid and hopefully later on the culprit to improve themselves or not and go to ruins.
Old 10-06-17, 12:45 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ba2sy
I guess one way you can avenge your RCF is by spreading the word via IG, FB, FB Groups, Yelp and CL. I know there's one on FB Group that shared a dealer trying to scare a customer to return his RCF or GSF because the trade-in car that they inspected and accepted in the deal had issues after a few miles and papers were already signed. After social media exposure, their dealership got a lot of complaints and they later apologized and the F Owner is finally at peace enjoying his F car.

It's also a good thing to spread those bad experiences for people to avoid and hopefully later on the culprit to improve themselves or not and go to ruins.
at the time it occurred I mentioned it here, for me that is enough.. I have no desire to be a viral bandit.