RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Meisterschaft Owners, Need A Favor.

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-17, 03:30 PM
toystry
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Meisterschaft Owners, Need A Favor.

EDIT: Installed the metal inserts, that didn't solve the problem. Sounds like the exhaust system is vibrating on the heat shield but my dealership is confident that wasn't the case when they inspected it and my service manager is a good dude who I'd never think twice about steering me the wrong way. Any chance something inside the Meisterschaft cross-pipe (x-pipe) could have vibrated loose inside? Any other ideas?

ORIGINAL POST: I'm looking to see if anyone has the two metal valve inserts that came with your kit in the event that your mechanism breaks. Did anybody happen to save their's, and if so, would you ship them to me temporarily so that I can install them and remove the electronic mechanism to send off for repair?

Last edited by toystry; 10-18-17 at 04:25 PM.
Old 10-02-17, 05:51 AM
toystry
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by toystry
I'm looking to see if anyone has the two metal valve inserts that came with your kit in the event that your mechanism breaks. Did anybody happen to save their's, and if so, would you ship them to me temporarily so that I can install them and remove the electronic mechanism to send off for repair?
Bueller...Anyone???
Old 10-02-17, 08:35 AM
weswork
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 28 Posts

Let me take a look this evening to see if I still have mine. If so, I'll let you borrow them. We'll have to ship them across the country though...
Old 10-04-17, 06:20 PM
weswork
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 28 Posts

Are these what you need? Only spare parts I have other than the switch assembly. If so, send me a pm and I can drop them in the mail.
Attached Thumbnails Meisterschaft Owners, Need A Favor.-6b661a5c-182f-43d2-8054-094fe69f06cb.jpeg  
Old 10-05-17, 07:24 AM
ba2sy
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

I'm looking to see if anyone has the two metal valve inserts that came with your kit in the event that your mechanism breaks. Did anybody happen to save their's, and if so, would you ship them to me temporarily so that I can install them and remove the electronic mechanism to send off for repair?
Are you talking about the Remote Electronic Valves not working? I had that issue 2 months ago. I went to a credible exhaust shop and they were able to troubleshoot and bring back my Electronic Valves to open/close again.
Old 10-09-17, 07:38 AM
toystry
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by weswork
Let me take a look this evening to see if I still have mine. If so, I'll let you borrow them. We'll have to ship them across the country though...
that would be great. The pic below wesworks is what I'm looking for.

Are these what you need? Only spare parts I have other than the switch assembly. If so, send me a pm and I can drop them in the mail.
Yep. Those are them. I have to insert those so I can remove the module and send it back for repair.
Old 10-09-17, 07:44 AM
toystry
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ba2sy
Are you talking about the Remote Electronic Valves not working? I had that issue 2 months ago. I went to a credible exhaust shop and they were able to troubleshoot and bring back my Electronic Valves to open/close again.
yes. Something inside rattled loose in mine. I can't believe in less than two years these already need repaired/replaced. Guy I spoke to at GTHAUS said if they could be repaired it would be free otherwise it was $500 for new ones. I told him he that a $5-6k exhaust shouldn't break within the first two years to which point he told me that this part has a life cycle of around 2 years and would need to be replaced/repaired that often. If I had known that I never would have bought this exhaust. What a terrible response and terrible product given what he told me.
Old 10-09-17, 10:36 AM
262Wisc
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Their customer service has never been good by any means. However, I do love their product. I doubt the valves have a 2yr lifespan.... it sounds like he responded with the intent to get you off his back.

CMR
Old 10-09-17, 10:37 AM
262Wisc
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

yes. Something inside rattled loose in mine. I can't believe in less than two years these already need repaired/replaced. Guy I spoke to at GTHAUS said if they could be repaired it would be free otherwise it was $500 for new ones. I told him he that a $5-6k exhaust shouldn't break within the first two years to which point he told me that this part has a life cycle of around 2 years and would need to be replaced/repaired that often. If I had known that I never would have bought this exhaust. What a terrible response and terrible product given what he told me.
Their customer service has never been good by any means. However, I do love their product. I doubt the valves have a 2yr lifespan.... it sounds like he responded with the intent to get you off his back.

CMR
Old 10-09-17, 08:31 PM
Mingofish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 330 Likes on 231 Posts

Well.. fwiw, my Ti exhaust developed a crack and they were offering to repair it for free; which I was actually surprised.
But I had to dismount the entire axle back muffler+pipe and send back. To find a box and pack it up, then send back would have been a royal pain.
I just opt to find a local shop to weld the Ti, which wasn't cheap. But guessing shipping it back would have cost about the same. This way I had a much shorter down time rather than sending it back, and who knows when it would come back.

Good luck with the repair.
Without valves, your neighbors gonna hate you in the mornings! Haha

Big props to Wesley!!
very nice of him to go way out of his way to help a fellow.
Old 10-11-17, 04:44 PM
toystry
Lead Lap

Thanks for the offer, you're awesome. PM sent.
Old 10-11-17, 06:24 PM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts

A little over 2.5 years and 25K miles on my system (7K miles with the supercharger on) and valves still works great, only had two problems, mid pipe busted replaced with V2 for free and the driver side valve connection wire got loose, had to unplug and replug. Great customer service!
Old 10-18-17, 04:26 PM
toystry
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by RCF500
A little over 2.5 years and 25K miles on my system (7K miles with the supercharger on) and valves still works great, only had two problems, mid pipe busted replaced with V2 for free and the driver side valve connection wire got loose, had to unplug and replug. Great customer service!
RCF500, I think my mid-pipe is the problem now.......as I just installed the metal sleeves and pulled out the electronic open/close module and I still have the vibration sound. What did your mid-pipe bust sound like?
Old 10-18-17, 06:34 PM
Mingofish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 330 Likes on 231 Posts

Vibration sound most likely is a pipe hitting a chassis bracket, heat shield, etc.
Check clearance to be sure.
Check for broken welds/flange connections.

Assume Tucker’s busted pipe was a flange weld crack/exhaust leak?
Can’t see the actual SS pipe busting open.
Guess it’s possible.

You took off valves because of vibration sounds?

My meister mid pipe & axle back never made a peep.
Only when I swapped out the mid pipe with the ARH resonated mid pipe did my car get start to make grinding/rubbing noises.
The ARH one is fatter and fitment was terrible. It rubbed in multiple places. I had to grind down a bracket in 2 places and grind down 2 heat shield bolts to make it tolerable.
It still grumbles a bit when I turn to the right. The motor/chassis torques, therefore making the exhaust rub.
But it’s really slight now after the grinding so I’m just living with it.
The Mesti never had an fitment issues. Just wish the Mesti x pipe was resonated. Way too loud if car has headers.

Last edited by Mingofish; 10-18-17 at 06:38 PM.
Old 10-21-17, 09:30 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Well, that sucks...

I always close the valves when I park for the night and open them again when I start it up the next day. Maybe I'll just leave them open 24/7. I never drive with them closed anyway...

Quick Reply: Meisterschaft Owners, Need A Favor.