RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

It's Been Fun, Time to Trade

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-17, 04:57 AM
Spam89
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Kerune
Like I said before, try to actually find people in real life that talk down the car and make sure they're not just keyboard warriors driving lowered beaters.

First of all I barely meet anyone that know what the F is, even less people that know it's heavier than it's competitors, which has narrowed down to only ONE person in my life that's actually acknowledged it's a heavy car. People will always think something of your car but again, in the case of any F, you have 100 people admiring your car with no knowledge of it's setbacks before you find 1 reasonable hater.
Well said! The RCF what it lacks for performance is up on top with the looks! I always get admired by tuners and my clients who drive all types of cars. I never got this much attention from the public with any cars. Get the usual thumbs up from random people! I love my car and will not even think twice to trade it in for another car with better performance. Like I said, I love the way it looks and looks comes first.
Old 09-09-17, 08:36 AM
mjn88
Lead Lap

Received 145 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Weapon F
The original OP has a right to his opinion but I think part of the problem was his expectation. He was expecting High Strung sports car what he got was more of a low-key GT car. If you ever read the designer of the RCF and what his goal and Mission was with the car he achieve exactly what he was looking to build, fast comfortable Highway car that could do some track day events as well. The RCF was never intended to be this hard core Focus type of machine. The problem with the RCF it was touted as being this sort of competition for the M4 M3 but in reality two totally different cars. Now he does make some valid points when it comes to RCF it is too heavy. It's not as sorted out as it should be. This cookie cutter approach that lexus took in regards to motor, same motor 3 different cars with no major significant change from the original motor from ISF or even between each other. I like the fact that lexus kept N/A motor but knowing its competition would now be all using some sort of forced induction they would need to step up there game and should have made 5.7L 500hp 430tq 3740lb 8000k rpm RCF.

Now I found this statement from OP very telling as well.
"Also, every car in it's class will blow by us like no other. Lexus performance cars are literally the butt of every joke to everyone on every car enthusiasts forum. I like the car, but I just really wished Lexus put more effort in making the performance cars better, with more power and more everything. If they're chasing down the germans for competition, they are FAILING miserably. The fact that they're doing so many dealer incentives to get these cars off the lots means that they aren't selling very well and everyone knows it, in fact people on other forums point out that fact all the time and laugh at us quite frankly."

Especially these two sentence look at them closely.
"Lexus performance cars are literally the butt of every joke to everyone on every car enthusiasts forum" and this
"The fact that they're doing so many dealer incentives to get these cars off the lots means that they aren't selling very well and everyone knows it, in fact people on other forums point out that fact all the time and laugh at us quite frankly".
He referenced twice how he feels people in other forums are laughing Lexus performance cars. That statement for me speaks of someone having their self-esteem tied into what type of car they drive and how others perceive them because what other people are saying on internet. It's status symbol, not something to be driven and enjoyed based on its merits.

I drive car based on few things what I'm looking to get out of it, how I enjoy it, does it fit my needs etc. Not on what others think of me or car. Back in 2004 had Dodge SRT4 paid 20K brand new. I wanted Fast fun and easy to mod car, so I dropped another 6k in upgrade GT40 turbo with all the supporting mods in 2900lb car that made 440whp it was beast. People would make comments it's just neon, cheap dodge, it's ugly etc I didn't care because when I would destroy Vettes , Porsches, mustang etc. And when they lost the usual comment its still neon my reply you are current and you just lost to this neon loved it.
Use to hear the same thing about my ISF not so much any more especially after several people seeing my car run. A true auto enthusiasts appreciate all types of cars and isn't swayed by internet hype.

Like I stated early the OP has right to state his opinion and if that's how he feel that's ok. I wish you good luck with M2 great car I'm surprised you did go with m4 or Alfa Q, but like I said find a car that fits your needs.
It's not that I really care about what other people think but it's true what other people say sometimes. I don't know how many times I say it but I LOVE LEXUS. Thats the reason I bought the car in the first place. I enjoy my car very much. It just bothers me Lexus could have done a better job with just little details to make the car more appealing to us buyers. I'm just stating some things that other people are saying, hence me trying to be open minded, not bias and listening to others comments, even if they aren't pleasant ones. I don't know if people even really know about the Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio. If anyone has a dealer near by...I strongly suggest driving the car (not to trade your Lexus but just to test the car out). That car is simply bananas! Something about the that car makes you feel special driving it. Not only is it really fast and comfy, it an Italian made engine with valve controlled exhaust!!! (could mean issues down the road) but regardless! hahah and the car has an active front lip spoiler! My favorite part is all the carbon fiber, especially the CF hood which I believe comes standard (don't quote me on that). Wish Lexus gave you a CF hood with the carbon package . Best part about the Alfa and our RCF is that it's not a Corvette, CTS-V or Mercedes c63 so you won't look like every other car on the road. My RCF is growing on me more everyday as i drive it more, I just crave more power and hate we get stiffed on some little things Lexus could have either put standard or made them an upgraded option. Looking into probably getting the SC next yr so my RCF will be strolling with almost 700 ponys!

Last edited by mjn88; 09-09-17 at 08:43 AM.
Old 09-09-17, 05:16 PM
Spam89
Intermediate

[QUOTE=mjn88;9977670]It's not that I really care about what other people think but it's true what other people say sometimes. I don't know how many times I say it but I LOVE LEXUS. Thats the reason I bought the car in the first place. I enjoy my car very much. It just bothers me Lexus could have done a better job with just little details to make the car more appealing to us buyers. I'm just stating some things that other people are saying, hence me trying to be open minded, not bias and listening to others comments, even if they aren't pleasant ones. I don't know if people even really know about the Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio. If anyone has a dealer near by...I strongly suggest driving the car (not to trade your Lexus but just to test the car out). That car is simply bananas! Something about the that car makes you feel special driving it. Not only is it really fast and comfy, it an Italian made engine with valve controlled exhaust!!! (could mean issues down the road) but regardless! hahah and the car has an active front lip spoiler! My favorite part is all the carbon fiber, especially the CF hood which I believe comes standard (don't quote me on that). Wish Lexus gave you a CF hood with the carbon package . Best part about the Alfa and our RCF is that it's not a Corvette, CTS-V or Mercedes c63 so you won't look like every other car on the road. My RCF is growing on me more everyday as i drive it more, I just crave more power and hate we get stiffed on some little things Lexus could have either put standard or made them an upgraded option. Looking into probably getting the SC next yr so my RCF will be strolling with almost 700 ponys![/QUOT

At the end of the day, you will get ***** and they will still be dicks. Don't mind the internet forum. I get looks and thumb ups everyday driving my RCF.
Old 09-09-17, 06:13 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

I flew out of MSY the Friday before Labor Day. I had a few hours to kill as I arrived early. So I went cruising around in French Quarter for lunch. As I slowly cruising around in the French Quarter, I got so many thumbs up and compliments on my RCF. People were asking what car it is and if it's really a STOCK Lexus. Even in New Orleans, there are not that many RCF's. It's still very rare.

[QUOTE=Spam89;9977975]
Originally Posted by mjn88
It's not that I really care about what other people think but it's true what other people say sometimes. I don't know how many times I say it but I LOVE LEXUS. Thats the reason I bought the car in the first place. I enjoy my car very much. It just bothers me Lexus could have done a better job with just little details to make the car more appealing to us buyers. I'm just stating some things that other people are saying, hence me trying to be open minded, not bias and listening to others comments, even if they aren't pleasant ones. I don't know if people even really know about the Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio. If anyone has a dealer near by...I strongly suggest driving the car (not to trade your Lexus but just to test the car out). That car is simply bananas! Something about the that car makes you feel special driving it. Not only is it really fast and comfy, it an Italian made engine with valve controlled exhaust!!! (could mean issues down the road) but regardless! hahah and the car has an active front lip spoiler! My favorite part is all the carbon fiber, especially the CF hood which I believe comes standard (don't quote me on that). Wish Lexus gave you a CF hood with the carbon package . Best part about the Alfa and our RCF is that it's not a Corvette, CTS-V or Mercedes c63 so you won't look like every other car on the road. My RCF is growing on me more everyday as i drive it more, I just crave more power and hate we get stiffed on some little things Lexus could have either put standard or made them an upgraded option. Looking into probably getting the SC next yr so my RCF will be strolling with almost 700 ponys![/QUOT

At the end of the day, you will get ***** and they will still be dicks. Don't mind the internet forum. I get looks and thumb ups everyday driving my RCF.
Old 09-10-17, 04:08 PM
luislopezt
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

I don't know about some of the comments here, but i like my RCF as is. a few days back I was driving on the FL turnpike and there was a guy driving a Ferrari he kept behind me for a while then pull to the side and gave me a thumbs up. He could have bought at least 5 RCF for the same price of that Ferrari. i bough the RCF because i like how it looks, i'm disappointed on the aftermarket parts available for it. i have always been a gear head and had a few nice cars. I can say the best in my opinion was the MKIV Supra and the one i had for the longest time, it was just a hair from the 800hp mark. also had an 03 GSXR 1000. after i turned 50, I sold both and got me a truck. I though I was done with that stage of my life.... until I saw the RCF, it may not be the best performance car out there, but did something the M's or any other car in it class or price range did not.... it called my name the 1st time i saw it. so i have to have it..... don't care if it is heavy, slow, not enough "luxury" all i care is that it called my name.... just as the Supra did when nobody though of it as a nice performance car and too expensive for a Toyota.

just my 2 cents.

Last edited by luislopezt; 09-10-17 at 06:22 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Katrcf (09-10-17)
Old 09-10-17, 05:49 PM
cosmo1
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

All Show and No Go but hey to each his own..
Old 09-10-17, 09:47 PM
Kerune
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I do have to ask everyone that says they get a lot of attention, what color do you have? I get a fair amount of looks with an NGP but then again I mostly drive around heavily tinted cars that you can't see and no walkers lol. I imagine white and blue get exponentially more.
Old 09-11-17, 01:50 AM
Spam89
Intermediate

Originally Posted by cosmo1
Whats wrong with that?
Old 09-11-17, 06:21 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

?????? My RCF GOES FAAAAAAST AND SMOOOOOOOOTHLY. No need for a support vehicle/AAA trailing behind. 😀😀😀😀😀😀😀👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

Originally Posted by cosmo1
Old 09-11-17, 06:31 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Congrats on going the M2 route, it's obvious by some of the responses here that some will stick with the NA V8 and that's fine to each their own. M2 is a great car and you can beat the bang for buck with mods to get more power especially on a factory forced induction motor something which is limited on a NA V8.
The following users liked this post:
cosmo1 (09-11-17)
Old 09-11-17, 09:55 AM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts

Congrats, but with your mindset, you're going to want more power eventually, and that's why I said go with a GTR lol.
Old 09-11-17, 10:42 AM
cosmo1
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Actually no because this is what I had built before the rcf... That is on pump gas 93oct.

Old 09-11-17, 12:35 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

^^^Boosted Z34 to RCF definitely a hard transition. Boost is addictive
Old 09-12-17, 10:51 AM
mondo540
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well well well, what have we here?

https://www.autoblog.com/2017/09/12/...ound-ab-tile-9
Old 09-12-17, 10:59 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Originally Posted by mondo540
Unless it's a forced induction engine "sportier version" doesn't mean much.

Quick Reply: It's Been Fun, Time to Trade