RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

$7000 Off Coupon for GS-F or RC-F

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-17, 01:21 PM
waxy
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default $7000 Off Coupon for GS-F or RC-F

Hi all, just wondering because I'm in the market for a GS-F for a family sedan.
What's the best way to approach this, introduce the coupon 1 step away from signing or does it have to be before you even negotiate on the pricing?

I received the coupon from attending the driving school for the LC500.
I'm sure several of us received it but have no intention of using it.
$7000 on top of a well negotiated deal, is this possible?
It would seem like a fantastic deal, the fine print says I can use it on any MY as long as models are relevant.
Expires in 1 month, used towards a negotiate price of a lease/finance GSF/RCF.

I remember doing something similar like this with my IS350 purchase 4 years ago and they went crazy over a $1000 Coupon.
I introduced it at the end and told them I'm using this portion as payment (Coupon) and the rest in cash.
Took them almost a week to get through management, then they finally let me take the keys.

Any advice would be great, I got my eyes on a purdy GSF, sorry if this is the RCF Forums.

Here's the fine print, sorry I left it out.

Bring this certificate to your local participating dealer by the expiration date listed above. This certificate entitles the person named on the certificate to the discount specified above toward the purchase of an eligible new Lexus. This certificate cannot be combined with any other certificate offers.

Customer Instructions: Offer valid for the person named above who purchases an eligible new Lexus at a participating Lexus dealer. Offer void where prohibited. Negotiate your best deal first, and then give the certificate to your dealer who will apply the discount toward the purchase price or toward the down payment on a finance contract. On approved credit. Not all applicants will qualify. Customer must take retail delivery on or before the expiration date for the certificate to be valid. If your vehicle is purchased for cash or financed through a lender other than the dealer, the certificate will be applied to the cash sales price. This certificate is transferable within a customer’s immediate family (spouse or children) residing at the same address. Limit one certificate per any new Lexus. Eligible vehicle must be from dealer stock. This certificate may be presented at all participating Lexus dealers in the contiguous U.S. and Alaska.

Eligibility: Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., and its respective parent companies, divisions, affiliations, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their respective officers, directors, representatives, agents and employees, and the immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of such officers, directors, representatives, agents and employees are not eligible to redeem this certificate.

Dealer Instructions: Apply this certificate toward the down payment or capitalized cost reduction. THE CERTIFICATE AMOUNT MUST BE CLEARLY STATED IN THE “REBATES AND NONCASH CREDITS” OR SIMILAR DESIGNATION ON THE CONTRACT TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR REIMBURSEMENT. For finance contracts, dealer must send the original qualified Lexus certificate AND a copy of the contract with the certificate amount STATED ON the line identified for “Rebates and Noncash Credits” or a similar designation. All certificates must contain the new model and VIN number and must be signed and dated by the customer to be valid. The customer must take retail delivery on or before the expiration date for the certificate to be valid. Retain a copy of the certificate for your files.

SUBMIT ALL QUALIFIED LEXUS CERTIFICATES WITH A COPY OF THE PURCHASE CONTRACT TO LEXUS MARKETING NO LATER THAN 30 DAYS AFTER THE DATE OF SALE FOR REIMBURSEMENT. Send to: Lexus Incentive Support 14100 NW 4th Street, Sunrise, FL 33325 or Lexus_Incentive_Support@Lexus.com

Last edited by waxy; 08-15-17 at 01:31 PM.
Old 08-15-17, 01:25 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

settle on a price first then use the voucher during payment. Do not even mention you have this voucher or else they are going to play number games with you
The following users liked this post:
finny76 (10-02-17)
Old 08-15-17, 01:32 PM
waxy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
settle on a price first then use the voucher during payment. Do not even mention you have this voucher or else they are going to play number games with you
You're definitely right, that's an insane amount for a coupon...
Let's say I get the deal down to 60k and I throw in the coupon, that's a massive discount.
Also, it says "New" I will assume it's only for new vehicles and not certified preowned.

Last edited by waxy; 08-15-17 at 01:36 PM.
Old 08-15-17, 01:43 PM
joedaddy1
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 138 Posts

If you get a new GSF or RCF for ~$62k.. you would be our hero...
Old 08-15-17, 02:15 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by waxy
You're definitely right, that's an insane amount for a coupon...
Let's say I get the deal down to 60k and I throw in the coupon, that's a massive discount.
Also, it says "New" I will assume it's only for new vehicles and not certified preowned.
let me know if the dealer is anywhere near 60k before ttl. I might pull the trigger too

in a few month, on a 2016, very plausible
Old 08-15-17, 04:02 PM
Paunguye
Rookie

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Does anyone have extra coupons? I got someone that wants to buy a GSF!! Thanks
Old 08-15-17, 04:25 PM
waxy
Pole Position

I was using 60k as a baseline, I'm not sure what the MSRP is currently.
I'm sure it's quite feasible considering their market right now.

For those PMing me...
The coupon is registered to the attendee of the driving school.
Can only be transferred to family members or people in your same household.

If you're looking for one try the following link:
https://lexusperformancedrivingschoo...ration/Welcome

Just attend and complete the survey when they send.
When prompted for a specific model you're interested in, check all that apply so you'll get the coupon directed towards your model.

Hope this helps.
Old 08-15-17, 05:15 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

In the instructions it clearly states the following:

"Negotiate your best deal first, and then give the certificate to your dealer who will apply the discount toward the purchase price or toward the down payment on a finance contract. "

The above paragraph EXPLAINS it VERY CLEARLY!!!

Wonder why only good for the RCF/GSF? And not for the LC500? AFTER ALL, YOU did test drove the LC500, right? Maybe Lexus HQ is trying to get rid of the current inventory of RCF AND GSF?

ANYWAY, if you are indeed able to negotiate YOUR BEST DEAL AND THEN present this $7000 coupon AND they accept it, THEN IT IS TRULY A HECK OF A DEAL!!!

What's the best way to approach this, introduce the coupon 1 step away from signing or does it have to be before you even negotiate on the pricing?

It would seem like a fantastic deal, the fine print says I can use it on any MY as long as models are relevant.

I remember doing something similar like this with my IS350 purchase 4 years ago and they went crazy over a $1000 Coupon.
I introduced it at the end and told them I'm using this portion as payment (Coupon) and the rest in cash.
Took them almost a week to get through management, then they finally let me take the keys.

Any advice would be great, I got my eyes on a purdy GSF, sorry if this is the RCF Forums.

Bring this certificate to your local participating dealer by the expiration date listed above. This certificate entitles the person named on the certificate to the discount specified above toward the purchase of an eligible new Lexus. This certificate cannot be combined with any other certificate offers.

Customer Instructions: Offer valid for the person named above who purchases an eligible new Lexus at a participating Lexus dealer. Offer void where prohibited. Negotiate your best deal first, and then give the certificate to your dealer who will apply the discount toward the purchase price or toward the down payment on a finance contract. On approved credit. Not all applicants will qualify. Customer must take retail delivery on or before the expiration date for the certificate to be valid. If your vehicle is purchased for cash or financed through a lender other than the dealer, the certificate will be applied to the cash sales price. This certificate is transferable within a customer’s immediate family (spouse or children) residing at the same address. Limit one certificate per any new Lexus. Eligible vehicle must be from dealer stock. This certificate may be presented at all participating Lexus dealers in the contiguous U.S. and Alaska.

Eligibility: Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., and its respective parent companies, divisions, affiliations, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their respective officers, directors, representatives, agents and employees, and the immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of such officers, directors, representatives, agents and employees are not eligible to redeem this certificate.

Dealer Instructions: Apply this certificate toward the down payment or capitalized cost reduction. THE CERTIFICATE AMOUNT MUST BE CLEARLY STATED IN THE “REBATES AND NONCASH CREDITS” OR SIMILAR DESIGNATION ON THE CONTRACT TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR REIMBURSEMENT. For finance contracts, dealer must send the original qualified Lexus certificate AND a copy of the contract with the certificate amount STATED ON the line identified for “Rebates and Noncash Credits” or a similar designation. All certificates must contain the new model and VIN number and must be signed and dated by the customer to be valid. The customer must take retail delivery on or before the expiration date for the certificate to be valid. Retain a copy of the certificate for your files.

SUBMIT ALL QUALIFIED LEXUS CERTIFICATES WITH A COPY OF THE PURCHASE CONTRACT TO LEXUS MARKETING NO LATER THAN 30 DAYS AFTER THE DATE OF SALE FOR REIMBURSEMENT. Send to: Lexus Incentive Support 14100 NW 4th Street, Sunrise, FL 33325 or Lexus_Incentive_Support@Lexus.com
Old 08-15-17, 05:21 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Thanks. You are the HERO!!

Does it matter half day versus full day to get the $7000 coupon? Does location matter?

I can't wait!!!!

I was using 60k as a baseline, I'm not sure what the MSRP is currently.
I'm sure it's quite feasible considering their market right now.

For those PMing me...
The coupon is registered to the attendee of the driving school.
Can only be transferred to family members or people in your same household.

If you're looking for one try the following link:
https://lexusperformancedrivingschoo...ration/Welcome

Just attend and complete the survey when they send.
When prompted for a specific model you're interested in, check all that apply so you'll get the coupon directed towards your model.

Hope this helps.
Old 08-15-17, 08:05 PM
MisterEun
Pole Position

Received 88 Likes on 65 Posts

Just throwing this out there in case it helps.
Before TTL in March this year, I got them down to $65k for a '17 with no Perf package that arrived less than a week ago at the dealership directly from port/Japan.
I'm almost certain that I did a great job leveraging multiple discounts but either way I hope it's a helpful reference when you're negotiating.
Best of luck buddy and make sure to brag/share info on the great deal you get!
Old 08-15-17, 11:03 PM
rfugio68
Rookie

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by joedaddy1
If you get a new GSF or RCF for ~$62k.. you would be our hero...
I got my 16 for 60k brand new last October, 76.8k msrp.
Old 08-16-17, 12:14 AM
ba2sy
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Wtf! That's awesome... When is the expiration? I hope it's around October or so...
Old 08-16-17, 10:20 AM
Paunguye
Rookie

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

So is this the FREE event? Or the paid event that you got the coupon?
Old 08-16-17, 01:31 PM
BLexodus
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Looks like $495 for the half day and the full day only has a wait list as of right now.
Old 08-16-17, 03:30 PM
jkonquer
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by rfugio68
I got my 16 for 60k brand new last October, 76.8k msrp.
imagine buying new one for 53k? This sounds crazy to me.

Quick Reply: $7000 Off Coupon for GS-F or RC-F