RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Try to gauge interest in having Bilstein make B8 shock for ISF, RCF & GSF

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-17, 12:43 PM
Weapon F

Received 250 Likes on 136 Posts
Default Try to gauge interest in having Bilstein make B8 shock for ISF, RCF & GSF

Hey guys, I'm ISF owner recently several ISF owners have been discussing the merits of coilovers versus lowering springs combined with shocks. Some prefer to stay with more traditional shocks others coilovers. The only issue with coilovers in order to get good ride quality you need to be prepared to spend at minimum $2500 to upwards of $4,000 installed a little less if you can do the install work yourself for a quality set of coilovers I'm talking KW's, Ohlins, Penske RR racing coilovers. Some guys just don't feel the expense is worth it since they don't race or track their cars in anyway they're just looking for good white quality with a decent drop in ride height.

Unfortunately there aren't many choices out there for any of us the only true quality shock that's been designed to be lowered is Bilstein B8 shock. Unfortunately they don't make them for any of our cars they only make the B6 which is still equality shock but it has not been designed specifically to be lowered such as the B8.

This is what needs to been done in order for Bilstein to create the B8 for all of our cars it would require someone bringing their RCF to Bilstein in Southern California and following these steps on their webpage. Go to the Bilstein webpage on the top left-hand side you will see an area that will say (Bye Bilstein) select that once the second page opens go down to the left bottom portion of the page where you will see (Ride Testing Submission)you still like that on that page it will explain exactly what will occur at the bottom of that page you would then select (Ride Testing Form) fill out the information such as personal data car type what we're looking for B8 with factory and swift spring set up. So anyone who has Swift's lowering springs as well as your stock Springs that would definitely help.

If selected for testing by Bilstein the following would occur
Installation confirmation and tuning of dynamic characteristics (damping/valving).

Vehicle usage would encompass approximately 200 miles of on-road evaluation within a week’s period of time.Vehicle owner is required to deliver vehicle to the Bilstein Aftermarket headquarters in Poway, CA, and make arrangements for alternative transportation during the time of product installation and tuning.

In exchange for use of subject vehicle, vehicle owner will receive, at no charge, one set of shock absorbers (front & rear) installed on his/her vehicle, four wheel alignment and a full tank of fuel. thyssenkrupp Bilstein offers a full “Garage Keeper’s Endorsement” providing vehicle owner insurance.
I'm to get as much exposure as possible not just ISF community but the RCF and GSF communities as well. The bigger the demand the more likelihood that they would be willing to create a B8 for all three vehicles. So to anyone out in Southern California and would be willing to do this. Let me know guys I think we can pull this off we just need to show Bilstein there's a big enough demand for it.
Thanks
David

Last edited by Weapon F; 07-07-17 at 04:53 PM.
Old 07-07-17, 03:46 PM
ROK
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Coilovers are springs plus shocks pal. Maybe get your basic understanding straight before all the fancy stuff.
Old 07-07-17, 04:11 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,944 Likes on 1,370 Posts

^^^^Where did that come from David knows what he's talking about and has his facts straight. Pretty rude comment on your part

He's trying to do us a service and you bad mouth him?

Lou
The following 2 users liked this post by flowrider:
danielTRLK (07-07-17), Wh0pp3r (01-03-19)
Old 07-07-17, 04:50 PM
Weapon F

Thanks Lou, good here from you again. I'm trying to do something that will benefit all three F models. Bilstein has history of producing quality parts for both OEM as well as hardcore racing Teams not only shock,struts, sway bars,etc Coilovers as well. If we could convince them to build the B8 shock perhaps they would be willing to produce coilover kits as well and other performance orientated parts for Lexus F line of vehicles.
Old 07-07-17, 04:57 PM
kizzzm
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ROK
Coilovers are springs plus shocks pal. Maybe get your basic understanding straight before all the fancy stuff.
All this dude does is talk a bunch of trash in his posts.
Old 07-07-17, 05:31 PM
Weapon F

Originally Posted by kizzzm
All this dude does is talk a bunch of trash in his posts.
Good to know thanks Kizzm.
Old 07-07-17, 06:16 PM
Weapon F

Smile

Originally Posted by ROK
ROK thanks for your insightful feedback it's greatly appreciated. I know that I have just basic rudimentary understanding of suspension but I do know the difference between a OEM set up such as spring that mounts on top of strut same goes for lowering spring they go over strut. Now coilovers they offer greater range of adjustability including ride height, spring pre-load, damping and rebound and ride height. Also,highend coilover kits such as Ohlins, Penske etc are lighter than most OEM suspensions and lighter weight helps reduce unsprung weight. I hope my basic understanding isn't to fancy for you. Thanks for the help Pal.
Old 07-11-17, 02:46 PM
Apone
Pole Position

Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

+1 I am in support of your effort weapon F. I am not however located on the west coast.
Old 08-25-17, 05:48 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Would volunteer but too far a drive! Hoping this gets traction as I'd be interested in the B8s.
Old 01-26-18, 06:27 AM
ninten5
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

These ever get made? I'm about to order the Billstein B6s today. Speaking of which anyone know a place that has the rears in stock?
Old 02-10-18, 08:46 PM
avinash240
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ninten5
These ever get made? I'm about to order the Billstein B6s today. Speaking of which anyone know a place that has the rears in stock?
I don't know if this is a good site or not, I'm just looking around myself and found them,

http://performance.importrp.com/i-21...gaAneEEALw_wcB
Old 05-11-18, 07:14 PM
Gsxr6k6
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Shocks

What's wrong with the B6 shocks for 08 ISF? Can you keep everything else stock and improve the ride quality?
Old 05-11-18, 07:39 PM
GOT8SPD
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have swift springs, and I was hoping oem struts would be okay with the springs but what's the benefit of going aftermarket struts with aftermarket springs? Newb question.