RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

RCF with HKS Supercharger(s)

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-17, 08:29 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,849 Likes on 2,334 Posts

Originally Posted by danielTRLK
yeah, I routinely get GT-R UOA's, typical HP is 1700WHP. lol after a while one thinks about how much money you'd have to spend to go faster and a stock GT-R will still walk on this thing all day, sort of what keeps me from doing the super charger or Novel exhaust. Only thing I will say about the GT-R is that it is much stiffer and very clunky, that trans does not like shifting under 4K.
Only on a dyno run. There's no way in hell you can get 1700 hp for more than a few seconds at a time with the limited cooling these cars have. I have experience with engines producing 1000 hp all day long. The radiators are massive, and an oil change involves a lot more than a barrel. I should have shown you the piston I have from a Mirrlees engine when you were here. 1000 hp all day long at 600 rpm without missing a beat. Makes a great shop stool. The valve is from a Nordberg engine. 1600 hp all day long, sodium filled exhaust. It's a small valve in the big engine world...
Attached Thumbnails RCF with HKS Supercharger(s)-mirrlees-piston-nordberg-valve.jpg  

Last edited by lobuxracer; 07-12-17 at 08:54 PM.
Old 07-12-17, 09:01 PM
danielTRLK
Lead Lap

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Only on a dyno run. There's no way in hell you can get 1700 hp for more than a few seconds at a time with the limited cooling these cars have. I have experience with engines producing 1000 hp all day long. The radiators are massive, and an oil change involves a lot more than a barrel. I should have shown you the piston I have from a Mirrlees engine when you were here. 1000 hp all day long without missing a beat. Makes a great shop stool.
Not anymore from what I've seen. The way they're building the 2500-3000WHP GT-R's , 1700 is no longer even considered fast. I'm on a GT R forum where the average guy with 1700WHP is sort of considered "middle of the road" lol. Yeah these guys barely have oil in their engines, about 7-8 quarts. But most on that forum don't care, they like rebuilding every 1-2 years and those are $100,000 build and $25-50,000 engine rebuilds. I will agree they wouldn't hold that power on a road track though. But most those guys drag race only, so 8 seconds or less is all it matters to them.

edit: HOLY ****!!! Lol that is one big piston alright!!!
Old 07-12-17, 09:07 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,849 Likes on 2,334 Posts

Originally Posted by danielTRLK
Not anymore from what I've seen. The way they're building the 2500-3000WHP GT-R's , 1700 is no longer even considered fast. I'm on a GT R forum where the average guy with 1700WHP is sort of considered "middle of the road" lol. Yeah these guys barely have oil in their engines, about 7-8 quarts. But most on that forum don't care, they like rebuilding every 1-2 years and those are $100,000 build and $25-50,000 engine rebuilds. I will agree they wouldn't hold that power on a road track though. But most those guys drag race only, so 8 seconds or less is all it matters to them.

edit: HOLY ****!!! Lol that is one big piston alright!!!
Sure. Top Fuel makes stupid power for about 20 seconds total run time, then complete rebuild. I'd be a lot more worried about using gearboxes like Tic Tacs with the GTR. It's not a stout box at all.

That piston is one of six, and it weighs 68 pounds. Classic old school diesel generator set. Low RPM, high BMEP, big and very heavy. Really nice piece of high grade scrap aluminum today.
Old 07-14-17, 10:02 AM
brianlin87
Resident JDM Snob

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by NotnFsport
I have been following this company for a while now. To me its all looks and no go. But I will be the first to admit my mistaken opinion if this setup is proven on a track,dyno etc. But I am not holding my breath. This is the only company out of Japan that I dont feel confident with and I have dealt with a bunch. Looks nice but whats the point if thats all it does?
Perhaps I'm a bit confused, but how is this build an 'all looks' build when the car doesn't have aftermarket wheels/body kit? Having exchanged a couple messages with the owner, I guess I am a bit confused on what you mean about his company being a company you don't feel confident with. The company you should need to feel any confidence with is HKS. Along with their superchargers, he custom paired the R35 HKS Intercooler onto his car. Everything on this car is one-off and since the owner is custom rebuilding everything for longevity (transmission, uppers, lower, manifold) and in fact, not selling anything, I don't see why you're questioning it.
Old 10-17-17, 08:24 AM
TGV8
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
I wouldn't call a bunch of pins inserted between the tops of the cylinders a closed deck. Sure better than nothing, but that's not factory. They'll be heptagons or hexagons with enough pressure. This ain't no 2JZ.
Could not agree more. These pins will almost certainly promote deformation at a critical location in the bore.
Old 02-09-19, 06:10 PM
lelong37
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LEXUS RC F TWIN SUPER CHARGER Setting landscape 2018. 07. 14

Looks like there is a new 2018 video of the Lexus RCF HKS twin supercharger, video, not sure... Posting for the folks on the forum just in case.

Old 02-09-19, 07:16 PM
konichiwa3
Intermediate

Received 312 Likes on 172 Posts

Here is an even newer video (2019), with the RCF actually in motion! Fast forward to time 6:48 to see the RCF run. Sounds amazing!!